Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2019, 02:15 PM   #1341
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
anyone ever remember or hear about Thai stick back in the day? Stuff was the BOMB if done correctly...and im not even sure how it was processed. I "think" it was buds tied to a stick (well that part i know is true) and then dipped in honey oil, dried, and then at times a little more oomph added in the form of opiate.
Pedro: I been smoking since I was born, man, I can smoke anything, man. You know like I smoke that Michoacán, and Acapulco Gold, man. I even smoke that tied stick, you know?

Man Stoner: "Tied stick?"

Pedro: Yeah, you know that stuff that's tied to a stick.

Man Stoner: Ohh, THAI stick.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2019, 04:09 PM   #1342
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

People that have ordered from albertacannibus.org, how long did your order take to arrive?
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 04:16 PM   #1343
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
People that have ordered from albertacannibus.org, how long did your order take to arrive?
Two days almost exactly 48 hours for me but that was my first and only order to date.
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Timbo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2019, 04:20 PM   #1344
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Two days almost exactly 48 hours for me but that was my first and only order to date.
Awesome thanks. Ordered yesterday and just hope it's here before the weekend
Old 04-03-2019, 05:00 PM   #1345
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Thanks for advice - I note capsules range from 2.5 mg to 5.0 mg per capsule. Which did you have in mind in suggesting first one, then two capsules?
Okay, I've had a few different types now, but the one that I highly recommend as borderline magically pleasant is this:

Brand: DNA
Name: Lemon Skunk
Strain: Hybrid
Description: cannabis oil softgels microdose
Size: 2.5 mg
2.50 mg THC per capsule; 0.70 mg CBD

If you want a pic of the bottle pm me your cell and I'll text it to you, but all the above info I pulled off the bottle.

I have some other capsules that are indica, but the lemon skunk hybrid is by far my favourite. I wouldn't hesitate to share this with somebody who has never tried cannabis before and I wouldn't worry for a second they'd have a bad time. A few weeks ago some of my friends who are very new to cannabis tried it and loved it.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2019, 05:10 PM   #1346
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks for the recommendation. I just ordered the two cheapest ones of each strain on the website but if I like the general idea I'll give that one a try

Last edited by btimbit; 04-03-2019 at 05:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2019, 05:13 PM   #1347
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Troutman...just to be crystal clear: try one capsule of the 2.5mg microdose to see what you think. If you feel nothing, just accept that. Don't take more on your first try with this because there's no point in taking more and risking an unpleasant experience. I don't think you would have a bad time with two capsules, anyway, but since I don't know you or your experience I'd just wade into this really slow to find where you are comfortable.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2019, 05:14 PM   #1348
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Meanwhile in Ontario the first 10 stores have opened a mere 6 months after legalization.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-day-1.5076935
Just a quick jump back to this link. The store that opened in Kingston is called Spirit Leaf, which is licensed by a Calgary based company called Inner Spirit Holdings. They're doing a really interesting franchisee/corporate owned roll out and they went public about 6 months ago. A really interesting (and still cheap) stock for people looking to get into the market.

Last edited by Cole436; 04-03-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Cole436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 05:14 PM   #1349
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendation. I just ordered the two cheapest ones of each strain on the website but if I like the general idea I'll give that one a try
Nice man! Let us know what you think.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2019, 05:15 PM   #1350
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Nice man! Let us know what you think.
It'll be a slow go as I wade into it, been many many years haha
Old 04-03-2019, 05:38 PM   #1351
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Yeah just to kind of touch on edibles a bit more, everyone reacts differently. I had a very normal tolerance to weed when I started about 6-7 years ago, and have put in a lot of "effort" to build it up. 250mg was a bad trip, but I didn't feel like I needed help at any point.

I have met people who are moderate users get completely gibbled on 10mg gummies. I have also met guys who barely smoke, but for some reason can eat 500mg and feel absolutely nothing.

I also think it depends on your mood and how much food you have eaten. Bad mood typically means bad trip, no food extra high. That's kind of why I don't really do edibles anymore. Too slow to come on, and too unpredictable.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:13 PM   #1352
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It'll be a slow go as I wade into it, been many many years haha
Coward.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:53 PM   #1353
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I am using Aphria products although my LP is Shoppers Drug Mart and I have access to all the major LP companies through them. I use the Aphria Rideau for the CBD for my Colitis, it has 1.27mg/ml of THC and 26.76mg/ml of CBD. I take 2 ml of that a day. At night I use Aphria Capilano that is a 1:1that has 10.90mg/ml THC and 12.34mg/ml CBD. I only take 0.4 ml of that though at night because I tried 0.5 and got paranoid. I must be sensitive to THC. It is a hybrid mix though and I find sometimes it knocks me out but sometimes I can't sleep after taking it. Would I be better off ordering a straight THC made from Indica? I heard it is the sedative strain. I am very new to this so any help is appreciated!
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:55 PM   #1354
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has anyone in a safety sensitive job had their employer change their views or testing procedures for marijuana?

My employer has a testing policy of post incident urine tests for safety sensitive positions and 0 tolerance (rehab or get fired). For non safety sensitive, there is a urine test for detection and a mouth swab for recency of use.

Has there been other companies with similar staffing that has adopted a more lenient approach in testing?

Last edited by PaperBagger'14; 04-03-2019 at 10:57 PM.
PaperBagger'14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:09 PM   #1355
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
So I am using Aphria products although my LP is Shoppers Drug Mart and I have access to all the major LP companies through them. I use the Aphria Rideau for the CBD for my Colitis, it has 1.27mg/ml of THC and 26.76mg/ml of CBD. I take 2 ml of that a day. At night I use Aphria Capilano that is a 1:1that has 10.90mg/ml THC and 12.34mg/ml CBD. I only take 0.4 ml of that though at night because I tried 0.5 and got paranoid. I must be sensitive to THC. It is a hybrid mix though and I find sometimes it knocks me out but sometimes I can't sleep after taking it. Would I be better off ordering a straight THC made from Indica? I heard it is the sedative strain. I am very new to this so any help is appreciated!
You kind of just have to experiment with different strains and THC/CBD balances. I would say choose something with a highly THC content and limited CBD content, BUT, you also might find a world of different just switching to another hybrid that offers a slightly different mix.

Don’t worry too much about what it’s “made” from. Plant species are mostly meaningless from a scientific perspective, especially with how hybridised they’ve all become anyway.

Also, for clarity, “Indica” is a species, not a strain, as is “Sativa.” The strains are the often silly names you’ll hear/see ( NY DIESEL, etc). Again, really don’t worry too much about which species you’re choosing the strain from, just play with the balance of THC/CBD and find a strain that works well for you.

For example, DNA’s Lemon Skunk is one of my favourites, calms me right down. There is another (I forget the name) strain, from Soleil I think, that is very similar (same species, similar balance) but makes me feel antsy and gross.

Cannabis is very much a trial and error thing. Just try stuff out until you start getting the intended effect, but it seems like you’ve got a good start.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 08:22 AM   #1356
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
Has anyone in a safety sensitive job had their employer change their views or testing procedures for marijuana?

My employer has a testing policy of post incident urine tests for safety sensitive positions and 0 tolerance (rehab or get fired). For non safety sensitive, there is a urine test for detection and a mouth swab for recency of use.

Has there been other companies with similar staffing that has adopted a more lenient approach in testing?
No change at our company. Not allowed to be under the influence before, not allowed to be under the influence now. And posession not allowed on company property or worksites. So similar to alcohol in that regard I guess.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 12:14 PM   #1357
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but you'd better check your insurance if you grow even a single plant...

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/inve...ead-your-home/
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 12:18 PM   #1358
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned but you'd better check your insurance if you grow even a single plant...

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/inve...ead-your-home/
This is good advice, but this article references someone who built a 2 storey building to grow 310 plants in. Legally.

Not exactly the same as someone popping 2 in their garden. (I know they say otherwise in the article, but.... I would be surprised if that held up. Pretty bogus).

Last edited by Scroopy Noopers; 04-04-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 12:25 PM   #1359
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
This is good advice, but this article references someone who built a 2 storey building to grow 310 plants in. Legally.

Not exactly the same as someone popping 2 in their garden. (I know they say otherwise in the article, but.... I would be surprised if that held up. Pretty bogus).
I just heard a bit on Danielle Smith from a lawyer in Toronto. He said the expert in the case also said one pot plant constitutes a material change. I'd be on the phone immediately if I had any plants at all. If there is one thing that is true about insurance....it is almost always bogus.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 12:25 PM   #1360
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post

Not exactly the same as someone popping 2 in their garden.
It's an interesting case because conceivably insurer concerns about the illegalities around marijuana constitute much of the concern around theft, mold and fire.

While they were licensed, the product was still federally illegal. Similar how to how one might obtain a license to produce fertilizer but still fail to be insured if you did not disclose that to your insurer. I've seen this concern with third party logistics operations that restrict the goods they store due to an inability to obtain cost effective insurance.

Now that everything is legal, many of the arguments presented by the expert witness would be easier to combat. Indoor agricultural products are insured all the time.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote