Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2018, 11:08 AM   #1121
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

I seem to be going back and forth.

I was right into the disposable concentrate pens for a while there. Still kind of am, but to be honest I do enjoy rolling from time to time. I also have a flower vape, but I'm a little impatient and sometimes can't be bothered to wait for it to heat up, or recharge the battery.

My latest strategy for max effect is 1.5ml of 20% oil and 1ml CBD, take a small tug off the vape pen, then an hour later roll one up (currently enjoying gorilla glue or nuken strains).

The vape pen gets things going (but not too much, I'm still 100% functional), the joint an hour later enhances it, and then by the time the oil hits I'm in bed and I literally sleep like the dead. A bomb could go off beside my ear (or my wife could go off, either or) and I sleep right through it.

Every day I look forward to getting baked, going to bed at 9PM and waking up at 6AM. I feel amazing these days.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:18 AM   #1122
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
I think you get more bang for your buck with a vape, apparently a lot of THC is destroyed by combustion.
Good to know as I was wondering about this last night. You dump out a vape and you still have what looks like a bud, just darker. Made me wonder if we had managed to consume as much as possible vs smoking where you are just left with a pile of ash.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:42 AM   #1123
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

I had someone tell me once that you're not supposed to vape flower, let it cool and then heat it back up again for round 2.

No idea why or if it's true.

Vaping only heats the bud up to activate the THC and not combust the flower, so that's why you have brown "bud" left in there.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:49 AM   #1124
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I do wonder how much THC gets caught in the buds and isn't released through vaping, I know re-vaping is a thing, but you don't get a lot out of it and it seems kind of tedious. But I hear you lose 20%-50% of the cannibinoids due to combustion, which should be an easy number for the vape to beat.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:54 AM   #1125
daaznfob
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
I do wonder how much THC gets caught in the buds and isn't released through vaping, I know re-vaping is a thing, but you don't get a lot out of it and it seems kind of tedious. But I hear you lose 20%-50% of the cannibinoids due to combustion, which should be an easy number for the vape to beat.
I thought this is kinda interesting

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
daaznfob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:57 AM   #1126
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I do wonder how much THC gets caught in the buds and isn't released through vaping
I wondered the same. I broke open a "used" bud and it was pretty consistently darkened throughout. Not exact science by any means as you have to imagine what's closer to the middle is somewhat insulated.

Maybe grinding first is the best idea? I do prefer vaping but concerned we are using more than necessary.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:00 PM   #1127
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I have a few friends that have been vaping for years- they keep the old vaped flower in a mason jar, and when there's enough they soak it in everclear and make tincture- Lots of goodness still left in the flower after it's vaped
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aaronck For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2018, 12:54 PM   #1128
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

You can soak spent vape in coconut oil and then bake with the oil. There is enough THC left over to make it worth it but you need a lot of spent flower.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:31 PM   #1129
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daaznfob View Post
I thought this is kinda interesting

Yeah I actually get fewer of the overall effects of weed when vaping. Clearly only some of the active components are vaporized at various temps. Very interesting chart.

Much prefer burning than vaping
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2018, 03:43 PM   #1130
daaznfob
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Yeah I actually get fewer of the overall effects of weed when vaping. Clearly only some of the active components are vaporized at various temps. Very interesting chart.

Much prefer burning than vaping
But at times I do prefer a good vape session ..just feels cleaner I guess. But I gotta get my benzene fix in too

Old 11-14-2018, 04:22 PM   #1131
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Has anyone been to the New Leaf on Southland? If so... do they sell any Capsules?
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:28 PM   #1132
daaznfob
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Has anyone been to the New Leaf on Southland? If so... do they sell any Capsules?
Didn't see any two weeks ago

The Following User Says Thank You to daaznfob For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2018, 04:31 PM   #1133
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I’m sure it’s been brought here before, but:
Can anyone recommend a specific strain for some sleep? Everyone just says Indica, but that doesn’t help. 3 hours of sleep a night is really affecting my work.
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:38 PM   #1134
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
Can anyone recommend a specific strain for some sleep? Everyone just says Indica, but that doesn’t help. 3 hours of sleep a night is really affecting my work.
Yeah most Indica should work great.

The key IMO is to smoke a couple sessions. About 3 hours before you wanna go to bed smoke a session. Then a couple hours later smoke another. That burns me out like crazy and makes me fall asleep almost immediately upon laying down. And this coming from someone who took 1-1.5 hours to fall asleep every night growing up as a kid. If you don't wanna smoke multiple sessions make sure you try and smoke one big session a couple hours before you wanna go to bed. I find it doesn't make you tired or burnt out right away, usually for me about 2 to 2.5 hours after I smoke. Not sure if people expect it to make them sleepy immediately but I find it makes you tired later on.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:45 PM   #1135
daaznfob
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
Death bubba

Old 11-14-2018, 07:09 PM   #1136
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’ll second Death Bubba. Or anything with a Kush splice.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:35 PM   #1137
aem123
Farm Team Player

Exp:

So I bought a vapourizer, but I have a question, do you vape the buds or do you grind up your pot first or something? (Maybe when I take it out of the box this will be self explanatory.)
aem123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #1138
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I’d grind it for sure.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2018, 09:46 PM   #1139
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have a question.

I know cannabis is legal now, but can you do private sell? I was walking downtown earlier tonight and someone approached me asking me if I want to buy some weed from them. I said I am not interested and walked away.

But really can you sell it privately, not from a dispensary? Like can I legally make a post here on CP saying I have weed for sale? I know my post will probably get deleted by the mods but will I get into criminal trouble?
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:52 PM   #1140
daaznfob
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
I have a question.

I know cannabis is legal now, but can you do private sell? I was walking downtown earlier tonight and someone approached me asking me if I want to buy some weed from them. I said I am not interested and walked away.

But really can you sell it privately, not from a dispensary? Like can I legally make a post here on CP saying I have weed for sale? I know my post will probably get deleted by the mods but will I get into criminal trouble?
Nope, you cannot legally sell it.