Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2018, 01:34 PM   #941
Voodooman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Bulk bins, metal scoops and plastic bags. This is the method we need.
Should the stores be called Bake Barn?
Voodooman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 01:44 PM   #942
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

New Leaf must be confident - I see at least 3 places in the NW they are getting ready.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 01:49 PM   #943
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
Should the stores be called Bake Barn?
Bake Barn and Beyonthe couch
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 01:53 PM   #944
iggypop
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Looks like a lot more approvals are coming through:

http://www.calgary.ca/PDA/pd/Scripts...-info-map.html
iggypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:06 PM   #945
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
In the not so distant future, Amazon will be delivering weed, and weed byproducts, by drone, to wherever you happen to be at the moment.
And Doritos. Nothing worse than having the munchies and being too ####ed up to drive.
BloodFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 03:51 PM   #946
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cral12 View Post
Theoretically speaking, if one was inexperienced with cannabis (have studied it in medical context only, loosely familiar with its recreational usage), and one wanted to be the ultimate party host (i.e. next to the rum, gin, vodka, beer, wine, have cannabis as option for guests), what would you recommend:
- a vapourizer (preferably portable, for flexibility - so many options and price points)
- strains to have available

Thanks in advance for the cannaBliss advice : )
Make sure you have sativa strains!!! It makes you chatty and energetic. Indica will give you the "classic" weed symptoms people think of: couch lock / sleepy. Only bust that out if you're gonna pop on a movie or something.

I'd stay away from vapes, they're way better but all seem to have a bit of a learning curve if you're not used to it. Just stick to doobies, it's classic
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 03:53 PM   #947
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Make sure you have sativa strains!!! It makes you chatty and energetic. Indica will give you the "classic" weed symptoms people think of: couch lock / sleepy. Only bust that out if you're gonna pop on a movie or something.

I'd stay away from vapes, they're way better but all seem to have a bit of a learning curve if you're not used to it. Just stick you doobies, it's classic
Yup 100% Sativa, or at least a Sativa dominant hybrid.

a Vape would be good if you want your guests to be able to partake indoors, or maybe you dont care about that? They're also pretty pricey if this is strictly for hosting a party.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:00 PM   #948
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

I use vapes which I much prefer, but whenever I break one out at a gathering, people can't figure out how to inhale properly or use it right (even when I explain it) and come away with a not great high from it or enjoy it. That's why I say just stick to doobies. A vape takes a few sessions to get used to it I find. But once you know how to do it, it's much more convenient for sure
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 04:17 PM   #949
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Also keep in mind Sativa's will cause panic attacks (or CAN cause them) in people with heavy anxiety.

I have friends with anxiety/depression/insomnia problems who have been cataloguing strains they have smoked that bring those symptoms on, and sativa dominant strains with certain terpenes in them seem to do it.

There is a strain/profile combo I THINK I have identified that causes it, and I THINK I have figured one out that helps it.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 04:19 PM   #950
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Also it's good to keep some stuff to help even out the effects in case people get too high. For example, peppercorns to chew on are good as they contain a terpene that reduces the effects of the psychoactive compounds in cannabis. Having some CBD strains help too as CBD will offset the THC.
Kiran403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiran403 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 04:38 PM   #951
daaznfob
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
Also keep in mind Sativa's will cause panic attacks (or CAN cause them) in people with heavy anxiety.

I have friends with anxiety/depression/insomnia problems who have been cataloguing strains they have smoked that bring those symptoms on, and sativa dominant strains with certain terpenes in them seem to do it.

There is a strain/profile combo I THINK I have identified that causes it, and I THINK I have figured one out that helps it.
Which one's have you found for anxiety?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
daaznfob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daaznfob For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2018, 08:27 AM   #952
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daaznfob View Post

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Bourbon.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2018, 09:11 AM   #953
Red Slinger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daaznfob View Post
I'd be really interested in this also. I've been a intermittent smoker (3-4 times per year) for the last 30 years and I've basically just bought whatever was on hand or offered without really knowing the difference. Does anyone have a list of the different strains/types and what they're all good/bad for?
Old 10-25-2018, 09:22 AM   #954
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Without getting into too much detail (I'm involved in a group trying to come up with strain specific medications) our (un) control group of pot smokers tell me you want an indica with CBD, and low levels of mercene.

Terpene profiles are what makes certain strains do what they do. Pay attention to them.

It varies from person to person though. Get a journal, order up a few strains, and record how you feel. Once you find one that helps, make a note of the terpene profile, and stick with similar strains.

We have gone through hundreds of strains so far, and because it seems to vary from person to person, it's basically trial and error (and a lot of chicken fingers).
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2018, 09:27 AM   #955
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Bourbon.
I find the depressant affects of alcohol make general anxiety worse though it solves short term social inhibitions.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:27 AM   #956
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran403 View Post
Also it's good to keep some stuff to help even out the effects in case people get too high. For example, peppercorns to chew on are good as they contain a terpene that reduces the effects of the psychoactive compounds in cannabis. Having some CBD strains help too as CBD will offset the THC.
On that note, i don't know how it will work when buying it recreationally, but with medicinal at least, you can choose your strains based on THC levels. If most people there are rookies and it's more just for fun, just do a smaller THC amount, maybe around 12-15% tops. If you get something over 20% you're going to have people who don't do it much tripping balls, possible anxiety attacks if they're prone to that, etc.

My recommendation for what you're looking for is a lower THC sativa strain (classic indica strains will have people falling asleep and kill your party vibe), with doobies. Keep a vape on hand if you want for the luxury, but I bet it barely gets used, from my experience at parties. Doobies are easy to use, and their classic look is probably funner as it will remind the rookies of their high school days or something, it has that cool, fun, badass feel to it that way I think haha. Just my two cents!
Old 10-25-2018, 09:50 AM   #957
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Bulk bins, metal scoops and plastic bags. This is the method we need.
This. The waste that will be generated by the amount of packaging currently being used is tragic. There is no need for a joint to need its own plastic container, or for every few grams to have their own plastic bottle.
I sincerely hope we can use this industry to help correct some of the stupid ways we do things. It’s energy intensive enough (I don’t k own many growing organic weed in their natural garden), it’s a shame we’re being so resource heavy just to market and sell it.
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 81MC For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2018, 11:41 AM   #958
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
This. The waste that will be generated by the amount of packaging currently being used is tragic. There is no need for a joint to need its own plastic container, or for every few grams to have their own plastic bottle.
I sincerely hope we can use this industry to help correct some of the stupid ways we do things. It’s energy intensive enough (I don’t k own many growing organic weed in their natural garden), it’s a shame we’re being so resource heavy just to market and sell it.
I heard that the excessive packaging is due to government regulations.

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 11:52 AM   #959
Tacopuck
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccree View Post
I heard that the excessive packaging is due to government regulations.
THANKS TRUDEAU
Old 10-25-2018, 12:10 PM   #960
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
Yeah, a joint comes in a plastic tube, inside a cardboard box.

Also, say you buy three grams of weed, it comes in three, one-gram containers, all with their own packaging. Hopefully down the road they'll be able to reduce packaging by selling larger quantities in one package.

Edit: And my point added nothing as that's exactly what you're saying. Sorry dude.

Last edited by Sliver; 10-25-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote