Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2023, 08:11 PM   #9321
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

The richest and most powerful people on earth are largely nerds. That won't change unless money becomes less valuable all of a sudden.

Thats a hysterical post, I congratulate you on conjuring this total farce of a response yoho. The adult you're referring to in this case literally wears adult diapers.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 06:53 AM   #9322
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:
icon53

I love the line "time for the adults to come home" referring to the GOP. The same GOP that couldn't elect a speaker, and had a scuffle break out on the house floor... those adults.

The same adults that resort to name calling rather than anything of substance. Those adults.

Wildfires started by Jewish Space Lazers. Those adults.

Man if they're the adults, I'll take the kids 7 days a week and twice on Sundays.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2023, 08:22 AM   #9323
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I never thought I could detest anyone more than I do Trump but then DeSantis came along. He’s ultra dangerous.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 08:44 AM   #9324
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:

Doubt anything will come of this, but shows yet another way that Fox News is integrated and intertwined with Trump/Republicans

https://twitter.com/user/status/1632021483236073472
calculoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 09:13 AM   #9325
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

On the surface this appears a bit hyperbolic but read the thread, as the reality is, it sadly is not.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1632137002278694912

I'll wait for Lanny to let me know that the ghoulish erasure of trans people in the US is just culture war bull#### and they're a noble sacrifice in the war between High Ground Liberalism and Populist Conservatism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2023, 09:55 AM   #9326
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
On the surface this appears a bit hyperbolic but read the thread, as the reality is, it sadly is not.

I'll wait for Lanny to let me know that the ghoulish erasure of trans people in the US is just culture war bull#### and they're a noble sacrifice in the war between High Ground Liberalism and Populist Conservatism.
I’ll fill in:

“Why should we care about trans people? The solution is simple: fix all problems, and then the trans problems will be fix themselves by association. Just completely rework the USA and the trans issue will go away. Trans issues are irrelevant when we should be focused on rewriting the constitution. Trans issues are too niche and unimportant to resolve, so let’s just focus on fixing everything instead.”

Classical Liberal-brand bigots are my fave. The far right leaves it all out there, but classical liberals are like a little poorly made puzzle.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 11:30 AM   #9327
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1632137002278694912

I think the exaggeration here is that there is an implicit statement that each step is equally long. I think you can identify many causes that reach this stage 8 without proceeding into extermination. You can easily state that LGB groups have been at this stage 8 for ever and slowly have moved back from it gaining social acceptance.

The anti-trans movement Id argue is driven out of societal acceptance of trans people. An example of progress rather than one of a gradual decent into genocide. There was no need for overt government denial of trans rights when society took care of that for them.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 12:05 PM   #9328
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No one ever said that. What was said was that this issue as you frame it does not resonate with the American people. Pew did polling specific to the transgender issue and it paints a pretty clear picture. The vast majority of people (8 in 10) believe transgender people deserve some form of protection, but in that same breath the majority of people (6 in 10) believe gender is determined by their sex assigned at birth., that number increasing by 6% since 2017. Acceptance of transgender people is split. 38% of people believe society has gone too far on this issue, while 36% believe enough has been done, with 25% saying the proper balance has been achieved. The most important stat is those who vote Republican are 86% on the one side of this issue (the definition of a culture war issue) and they use this division as a scare tactic to fire up their base (the definition of culture war tactics). Transgender issues does NOT show up as an issue of importance for the majority of Americans. The top 10 issues prior to mid-terms were:

1. Inflation (82%)
2. Crime (72%)
3. Elections and voting concerns (70%)
4. Jobs and unemployment (68%)
5. Immigration (67%)
6. Transportation and energy infrastructure (57%)
7. Abortion (56%)
8. Racial inequality (53%)
9. Gun control (51%)
10. Climate change (49%)

The transgender issue is what it is because you have Republicans who use this issue to fire up their base and scare them into believing that "liberals" are going to take their freedoms away by simply protecting the very rights afforded all people under the constitution. No special protections required except from Republicans who make this a culture war issue in their states to manufacture support for the rest of their draconian agenda of disenfranchising major segments of the population. To me, the larger issues matter most because they affect a lot more people. That does not mean smaller issues are not important, just the priorities are different and we should be focusing on priorities that create value for all citizens including transgender people.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2023, 12:48 PM   #9329
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
I love the line "time for the adults to come home" referring to the GOP. The same GOP that couldn't elect a speaker, and had a scuffle break out on the house floor... those adults.

The same adults that resort to name calling rather than anything of substance. Those adults.

Wildfires started by Jewish Space Lazers. Those adults.

Man if they're the adults, I'll take the kids 7 days a week and twice on Sundays.
It's like South Park. The kids see the truth and the adults are all idiots.
Old 03-05-2023, 09:15 PM   #9330
WilderPegasus
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

MOD EDIT: Removed inappropriate post
WilderPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 09:27 PM   #9331
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

MOD EDIT: Inappropriate comments deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 09:36 PM   #9332
WilderPegasus
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

MOD EDIT: Removed inappropriate post
WilderPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 09:37 PM   #9333
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I truly don’t understand why people have to be such hateful, disgusting bigots.

I just don’t get it.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2023, 09:41 PM   #9334
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderPegasus View Post
Your irrational hatred suggests you have mental health issues. I'm going to guess you're a man who thinks he's a woman and that's why you're acting insane?

Uhhh.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 09:49 PM   #9335
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jeeeesus Christ those might be two of the worst posts I've ever read on CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I truly don’t understand why people have to be such hateful, disgusting bigots.

I just don’t get it.
Same. Are they just so miserable that they aren't happy if other people are happy? Where does all this disgusting hatred come from, and towards something that doesn't even effect them? Absolutely puzzling people are like that
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 10:45 PM   #9336
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderPegasus View Post
Your irrational hatred suggests you have mental health issues. I'm going to guess you're a man who thinks he's a woman and that's why you're acting insane?
Get that crap our of here, man. Brutal. Can't believe the hate and ridiculous crap thrown the way of the trans community here on CP. It's insane, but unfortunately right in line with most of society these days. Just awful stuff.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2023, 10:47 PM   #9337
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I was never one of those "I'm leaving CP" grandstanders, and I wouldn't announce if I suddenly do, but rest assured, the hate and intolerance of the trans community will absolutely be the reason. It's so heartbreaking and I figured with a higher educated message board we'd be sheltered from the stupidity and ugliness surround their community, but we really aren't.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2023, 11:10 PM   #9338
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't really think that dude represents the board's viewpoint about Trans people... and I'm guessing that will be borne out by a fairly quick ban.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2023, 12:03 AM   #9339
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has Yoho got an inbred brother we weren't aware of?
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 12:45 AM   #9340
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I don't really think that dude represents the board's viewpoint about Trans people... and I'm guessing that will be borne out by a fairly quick ban.
This better be a quick ban. Yoho manages to skirt the line, but that #### was pure hate speech, and I reported it as such. I suggest everyone else in this thread hit that little exclamation icon in the bottom left and do the same
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote