Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2014, 05:11 PM   #1
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Need some help with Netflix

We were watching Ocean's 13 last night and scenes kept coming up where a white dood was talking in Spanish but no translation was coming up across the bottom.

How do you activate that?

I've found several ways of turning subtitles on but naturally, every word spoken (English or otherwise) then shows up on the bottom and we don't want that.

I recall running into the same issue watching "The Kingdom" and wound up turning it off as were felt we were missing too much.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 07:32 PM   #2
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just got finished with a live chat with Netflix, apparently there is nothing I can do on my end.

That's pretty effed up, that makes a number of movies unwatchable, including the one we are currently watching.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #3
codfather
Farm Team Player

Exp:

It's really weird that Netflix would be missing the subtitles for so many movies.

I read they had this issue with the new Wolverine movie as well. There were no subtitles for the parts in Japanese which is kind of important to the story. I forgot about this though and watched it recently. The subtitles were there but you could tell they had been added after and were not the same subtitles from the theatrical release (subtitle colour and font, I'm sure the content was the same or close enough).
codfather is offline   Reply With Quote