Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2021, 09:13 PM   #4261
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cow Disease View Post
The Ascent was just dropped in to Gamepass and I recommend giving it a go. Developed by a small team but seems relatively polished so far and has a very cool sci-fi/cyberpunky atmosphere. It’s an isometric twin stick shooter with some character progression/RPG elements.
How are the PC controls? Do you need a gamepad or does it work well with keyboard/mouse?
Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 09:39 PM   #4262
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
How are the PC controls? Do you need a gamepad or does it work well with keyboard/mouse?

Not sure, I’m playing it on Series X.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:48 PM   #4263
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

The Ascent looks really good. Gonna give it a try tomorrow.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 10:35 PM   #4264
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Well me and some buddies gave The Ascent a shot on Gamepass PC. Singleplayer seems alright, but coop is a broken mess. Multiple random disconnects, players spawning into walls and needing to leave and rejoin, tutorial screens popping up mid-battle with no pausing in coop, so you get downed before having a chance to remove the popup. And one player going down is ok as long as you revive them, but if you can't reach them in time and they die then the whole party gets a game over screen and they have to reload. Also no way to mute in-game chat or change it to push-to-talk, so if you're using Discord you have to go into Windows settings and deny mic privileges to the game to avoid echoing

It's very obvious that coop was tacked on at the last minute with zero thought, glad we tried it through Gamepass without spending any extra money on it
Old 08-01-2021, 12:05 PM   #4265
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
The Ascent looks really good. Gonna give it a try tomorrow.
I forgot how bad I am at twin-stick shooters. Yikes.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:47 PM   #4266
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Lots of initial impressions from the first Halo Infinite multiplayer test flight is that they may have a great game on their hands.

I hope to get in on a future flight.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2021, 11:41 AM   #4267
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Lots of initial impressions from the first Halo Infinite multiplayer test flight is that they may have a great game on their hands.

I hope to get in on a future flight.
Looks like entire campaign has been leaked as well. Spoilers abound online..
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 12:23 PM   #4268
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Looks like entire campaign has been leaked as well. Spoilers abound online..
Yeah, I'm avoiding those at all costs, currently replaying through the Halo series while I'm not flying around my favorite places on earth, twin stick Shooting in a cyberpunk future or playing MLB.

Also, new news out recently that Horizon New West is delayed till 2022 just like Ghostwire Tokyo.

Looks like my PS5 will be sitting unused until next year

Last edited by Since1984; 08-04-2021 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-03-2021, 01:11 PM   #4269
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Blizzard devs had a "Cosby Suite" at Blizzcon

https://kotaku.com/inside-blizzard-d...ite-1847378762

Every week seems to bring something new with that disgusting company. I hope this actually hits them in the only place that matters (sales #'s)
Blizz is doing some stupid #### obviously, but I can't see myself not buying Diablo 4 the minute it comes out...

If they return to their D1 and D2 roots, this game could be the defining moment of our adult lives. Yes, even more than when you got married or had your first kid.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2021, 10:17 AM   #4270
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure why it's taken so long but Razer is being Razer with a RGB mask. I'd guess $300 US?

https://www.razer.com/concepts/razer...jByVL4dUB_dCXE

Old 08-04-2021, 03:44 PM   #4271
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, I'm avoiding those at all costs, currently replaying through the Halo series while I'm not flying around my favorite places on earth, twin stick Shooting in a cyberpunk future or playing MLB.

Also, new news out recently that Horizon New West is delayed till 2022 just like Ghostwire Tokyo.

Looks like my PS5 will be sitting unused until next year
Guy everything you say in both gaming threads is 100% anti-Playstation and pro Xbox

seriously do you work for Microsoft?

Last edited by dino7c; 08-04-2021 at 03:48 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dino7c For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2021, 04:02 PM   #4272
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Guy everything you say in both gaming threads is 100% anti-Playstation and pro Xbox

Not at all, just really disappointed with Sony this generation. I was excited for what Sony could do. I am really looking forward to Horizon New West, and GoW Ragnarok. I fully expect those games to be awesome.

I just haven't had anything to get really excited about the PS5 as of yet. Spiderman Miles Morales is a fun game with some great visuals, Ratchet and Clank was fun but both of those I beat in roughly 12 hours each and in Spiderman's case it just felt more like an expansion/upgrade than a new game.

I had recently played Ghost and Last of Us 2, and didn't enjoy Death Stranding at all...but those are the only exclusive games coming out for PS5 in the near future.

Trust me, I think it is just more me being disappointed. It seems like MS is doing everything right at the moment. I am really hoping for a big year for the PS5 next year cause for a $700 console it is sad not being able to enjoy it more regularly as most of my buddies play on Xbox, so multiplayer games I end getting on the Xbox anyway.

If there was anything at all I was happy with, with what sony was doing right now, I would be hyping it up...but alas I will be waiting before I can get my hands on Horizon

Edit:

and to add on, do you have both consoles? and if you do, which console have you played more?

Last edited by Since1984; 08-04-2021 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-04-2021, 07:08 PM   #4273
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Not at all, just really disappointed with Sony this generation. I was excited for what Sony could do. I am really looking forward to Horizon New West, and GoW Ragnarok. I fully expect those games to be awesome.

I just haven't had anything to get really excited about the PS5 as of yet. Spiderman Miles Morales is a fun game with some great visuals, Ratchet and Clank was fun but both of those I beat in roughly 12 hours each and in Spiderman's case it just felt more like an expansion/upgrade than a new game.

I had recently played Ghost and Last of Us 2, and didn't enjoy Death Stranding at all...but those are the only exclusive games coming out for PS5 in the near future.

Trust me, I think it is just more me being disappointed. It seems like MS is doing everything right at the moment. I am really hoping for a big year for the PS5 next year cause for a $700 console it is sad not being able to enjoy it more regularly as most of my buddies play on Xbox, so multiplayer games I end getting on the Xbox anyway.

If there was anything at all I was happy with, with what sony was doing right now, I would be hyping it up...but alas I will be waiting before I can get my hands on Horizon

Edit:

and to add on, do you have both consoles? and if you do, which console have you played more?
Okay, I'm pretty sure you were posting like this before the consoles even came out.

Yes I have both consoles...pretty even so far for me, probably a slight edge to Xbox because of having more old games on xbox. (Doom Eternal ect.)

Probably be that way until PSVR2 which I absolutely can't wait for. Still love the old PSVR with the minor improvements on PS5

Anyway not trying to bust your balls it was just an observation
Old 08-04-2021, 07:29 PM   #4274
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Okay, I'm pretty sure you were posting like this before the consoles even came out.

Yes I have both consoles...pretty even so far for me, probably a slight edge to Xbox because of having more old games on xbox. (Doom Eternal ect.)

Probably be that way until PSVR2 which I absolutely can't wait for. Still love the old PSVR with the minor improvements on PS5

Anyway not trying to bust your balls it was just an observation
It's probably because I have always really enjoyed both ecosystems but Sony always had such a huge following and that following always made more noise. So I thought that I would try and give a similar voice to the Xbox side.
Old 08-04-2021, 08:16 PM   #4275
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I for one have been playing the crap out of my PS5. With the 20 free games as part of the PS+ collection and the several months of awesome PS+ releases since then I've had a steady stream of PS4 games that I never played before, and it's great to play them with the PS5 enhancements. I'm still planning on picking up a Series X whenever I can find stock since I want to take advantage of my Gamepass Ultimate subscription, but unless you're the type of player who buys every single PS game at release I don't know how you can complain about lack of games on the PS5. I also find it strange to complain about the lack of PS5 exclusives when the Series X has yet to have a single exclusive game get released for it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2021, 08:25 PM   #4276
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have no problem putting my PS5 to use either. It sucks that the games that were supposed to come out this year are delayed but I still have many PS4 games I never did finish that run better on the PS5 and I pretty much got a year of PSNow for $10 so I've been putting that to use.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:22 AM   #4277
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Like I said before he simply counters another poster here that does the same thing but the other way around. That wasn't an issue here for years so I fail to see why it is now that the shoe is on the other foot.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2021, 09:38 AM   #4278
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I for one have been playing the crap out of my PS5. With the 20 free games as part of the PS+ collection and the several months of awesome PS+ releases since then I've had a steady stream of PS4 games that I never played before, and it's great to play them with the PS5 enhancements. I'm still planning on picking up a Series X whenever I can find stock since I want to take advantage of my Gamepass Ultimate subscription, but unless you're the type of player who buys every single PS game at release I don't know how you can complain about lack of games on the PS5. I also find it strange to complain about the lack of PS5 exclusives when the Series X has yet to have a single exclusive game get released for it
If I only had a PS5 I would be in the same boat as you, replaying games from the old generation, 100%ing Demon Souls (or at least attempting to and then quitting a day or two later), revisiting older games that look and play better on the new console.

But I have both systems, so it plays out differently for me. Strictly being a console gamer, I am currently playing 4 games that aren't available on PS5/PS4 or Switch:

Halo MCC
Flight Sim
The Ascent
Death's Door

Yes all are available on PC, but like many people and pretty much all my friends that I still game with, we prefer the console ecosystem. Not to mention we aren't in to spending multiple thousands of dollars for a good pc, great monitors, solid peripherals, etc.

And as for the exclusive point, everyone keeps saying it, but can you play any of the games I listed on your PS5? no...you can't. Sure if you have a top of the line PC you can play all those at better performance than the Series consoles and I am happy for you that you can enjoy them! they are fun to play. But if you don't and you only have a PS5 or PS4.....I guess there is no other way to play them for now and you are left playing old games that maybe you haven't played before.

Xbox series consoles will never have a console only exclusive, so can we stop talking about "Xbox console exclusive" perhaps talk more "Gamepass ecosystem exclusive". I still don't see a problem with that, getting games to more gamers is always a good thing!

Last edited by Since1984; 08-05-2021 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:58 AM   #4279
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1414888721506349062
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2021, 12:40 PM   #4280
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If I only had a PS5 I would be in the same boat as you, replaying games from the old generation, 100%ing Demon Souls (or at least attempting to and then quitting a day or two later), revisiting older games that look and play better on the new console.

But I have both systems, so it plays out differently for me. Strictly being a console gamer, I am currently playing 4 games that aren't available on PS5/PS4 or Switch:

Halo MCC
Flight Sim
The Ascent
Death's Door
You're including a game released in 2014 as a current exclusive game you're playing on Series X and dismissing PS5 exclusives released within the last 2-3 months because they're too old and you played them already. You can't see how someone might think that comes off a bit fanboy-ish?

You're also not mentioning big games like Deathloop and Kena: Bridge of Spirits, which are big exclusive PS games coming out next month.

Last edited by OutOfTheCube; 08-05-2021 at 12:43 PM.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote