Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Buy And Sell > The CP Power Ring
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2018, 07:47 AM   #1
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default LF - Auto/Home Insurance

I could have swore I saw a thread somewhere on CP indicating we had a resident insurance guru on the forum.

Looking to finally bundle 2 vehicles and my home insurance into one, getting the run around with our 2 current insurance companies/brokers. If you are that person or anyone remembers that person please let me know!

Thanks
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 12:39 PM   #2
foshizzle11
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Hey guys,
I am looking for the same! Any help is appreciated.

Has anyone ever signed up for the monitoring program with their insurance company? Monitoring your driving habits in order to receive auto insurance discounts?

Looking to see how it works. Novex/Intact has a program that uses a phone app. Can this be turned off and not used sometimes or does it always have to be used? Just curious.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:23 PM   #3
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshizzle11 View Post
Hey guys,
I am looking for the same! Any help is appreciated.

Has anyone ever signed up for the monitoring program with their insurance company? Monitoring your driving habits in order to receive auto insurance discounts?

Looking to see how it works. Novex/Intact has a program that uses a phone app. Can this be turned off and not used sometimes or does it always have to be used? Just curious.
The intact app requires 1000km driven before the discount is applied. You don't have to use it every time you drive, just tell it you were a passenger.

After the 1000km you can go back to driving like a maniac. The app forces you to drive like the elderly and accelerate/decelerate slower than I like.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:49 PM   #4
jeffporfirio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Last year, I shopped around and found that Innova through Costco offered the cheapest premiums and good coverage/service.
jeffporfirio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:01 AM   #5
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

We go through TD Meloche Monnex. I would say it is quite possibly the best customer service experience I have ever had in my life.

We have had 2 claims (1 car, 1 house), no problems at all. Very quick response times (email and phone), and by far the lowest rate we saw. We got a discount for bundling and a discount for being Mount Royal graduates.

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote