Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #1261
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Boy oh boy... i know you guys have it tough with finding time for everyone to play together and have tried to develop a system that allows you to remain competitive at the same time.

But when you have someone play their 3 games on a "tryout" and then tell them they have to leave when there is no one waiting in line to play. So... you guys can go play... Especially when we were playing relatively well? Pretty insulting guys.

I have been around since the VERY beginning of the Fatas, infact was involved in the convo about actually naming us the "Fatas". I was one of the more competitive and reliable guys and have had some great chemistry with the Santos' and others.

Hell ya I wanna win, as I always have. But i also enjoyed playing NHL with alot of you guys.

Theres lots of teams to play on, but living in Victoria, playing with you guys was one of the only things that takes me back to the roots in Calgary. And now this system and the GMs decide im not allowed to chill with my buddies and play some stupid video game for some ####s and giggles with guys ive been playing with for 3 years?

I understand if you think im not good enough to be on "your" team, but we all know thats not the case. This is simply a system of you guys acting like youre the cool kids and people have to go through you to get in. You have to approve it...

But to send me packing and say I have to wait a WEEK to play with you guys again. Thats BS.

Jobo, you and I have been cool for alot of years and had some good laughs, I have a healthy respect for you. But man, thats messed up bro.

Also, Diemenz, you and I have been pretty cool for atleast a year. Your comment about me making your decision easier? I didnt understand why I couldnt carry on playing as no one was waiting to play... First of all, what gives you the right to act like that to anyone whos just trying to chill with his buddies?
Secondly, its convenient for you to ask me to play last week and we kick ass against every team we played.. Diverse was there too... We dominated. But youre still not sure if im good enough and my confusion and actually questioning what was going on, makes your decision easier? WTF.

It may sound like im whining to some, but im actually a little pissed.
Anyway... if you guys wanna play some hockey and have some fun, hit me up.

Goodluck to your "serious" or "elitest" league. I guess this is just an end of a chapter for me.

Great job! Buds!
IgiTang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #1262
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

I understand your upset, however I didn't act like anything. You cannot get mad at me because the rules that were set out 4 months ago were upheld by the GM's of the Team. I'm not the only one out there (there was 3 of us playing) but if it prevents drama I will take the brunt of your anger.

I did invite you to the team, I did ask you to play, Those are completely correct statements. I have no problem playing with you case in fact that I passed to you more then any other guy out there tonight. You took us following the rules as a slight against you when it wasn't, it was just us trying to be consistent and not show favoritism.

We have a very cohesive team currently with NO drama. I am not going to call you names or attempt to belittle you like you felt was necessary tonight. I understand you were pissed at what had transpired so I hold no ill will towards you.

Hopefully you can take the feedback given by the players on the team whatever it might be and we can win some games together again.
Diemenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #1263
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

On a side note a new thread for this season was created here

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...108640&page=23

That is where we post most of the information and I just realized that could be the reason you were not aware of it
Diemenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #1264
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post
Boy oh boy... i know you guys have it tough with finding time for everyone to play together and have tried to develop a system that allows you to remain competitive at the same time.

Before you blow up on us please read these so you know why the club works the way it does now.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpos...&postcount=113

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpos...&postcount=218

History is history. It isn't fair to keep only people that been with the club forever but we're excluding others because of our new skill and team play prerequisite we expect. If that was the case there would be several more players on the team right now that racked up a high number of games played.

We're not excluding you because we don't like you. There's no bias here at all. We were gonna compile feedback, and if we reach a consensus that you were ready to join the club, you would've been added to the regular roster. If not, I would've PM'd you afterwards and provide what improvements and fixes to your game we would like to see. We WANT to add people to the team; so we assist you into becoming that player that we as a teammate.

Whats important though is that everyone gets along well and there isn't any unnecessary tension in the team. That was part of the reason for the change as well due to the conflicts that arise during playoff time. I have to say the attitude you exhibit tonight was completely unnecessary and disappointing to see. I don't want to add someone to the club who's gonna blow up out of no where and get so easily upset. I already told you that the format of the club has changed now and you'll have to do tryouts to make the club. It wasn't a guaranteed that you would make it the first or even the second time; even if you have a history with the club.

I understand why your upset, but we can't change it just for you or anyone else. We gotta treat everyone the same.

Last edited by Joborule; 01-05-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Joborule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #1265
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Maybe my post was a little hasty... I appreciate the mature attitudes you guys have taken. I was figuring I would be a shoe in for the team. My fault for being cocky...

But as for just playin with guys I knew rather than a bunch of ######s in drop-in... was a nice change. I wasnt taking it completely personally, even though it may have come across that way. I understood you guys have had to maintain that approach. But to think guys have been told they cant play when you have an open spot on D, and theyre told they cant play for another week... How do you expect them to build chemistry and improve their game?

But none the less. Thanks again for the opportunity. I wish you guys luck. But in the end, its just a video game. Its just really too bad that you guys are forced into this position. But you have to admit, to an extent you do have to alienate people to try and stay near the top.

I appreciate no ill will and I was not trying to create Drama. I was simply trying to shed some light from the other side of the fence on what is broken with the system.

Goodluck to you guys!
IgiTang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eashl , i blame yellow , nhl11 , ps3 , send me