Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-21-2008, 03:04 PM   #1
jolinar of malkshor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default (Why I) Don't use Vonage (anymore)

So I have been using Vonage VOIP for the last year and a bit. Fairly satisfied with the service and the price. I called to cancel my service as I am moving soon and don't need it for a while. I called the first time and waited on hold for about 20 mins. Had stuff to do so hung up. Called about a week later and didn't wait all that long on hold, maybe 5 mins. So I tell the guy I want to cancel my service and he does all his best to keep me as a subscriber but I just don't need it right now. I tell the guy that I am overall happy with the service and I will most likely buy again later in the future. So he accepts that. I ask how the credit will work as far as the service that hasn't been used. He says that they do not give any credit, it is a monthly fee and it doesn't matter if you cancel 1 day after the charge or 30 days after. It so happened that the latest charge on my account was 3 days ago. I say fine, you won't give me a prorated credit even tho most other companies do. I ask him to just have my service cancelled the day before it is to renew. He says, we can;t do that. WHAT? You have to call in again the day you want it cancelled and do it then. I tell him he either gives me a credit or automatically cancels the service or I will never be a customer again. He didn't care nor did his supervisor.

So screw you Vonage and anyone else that is thinking about using them, this is just a tid bit of info you might want to consider before you sign up.

Honestly, what is wrong with business now adays? INstead of giving me a $18 credit and keep a customer happy and possibly have the customer come back, they will piss the customer off and lose hundreds possibly thousands of dollars in future revenue. Idiots.
jolinar of malkshor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
jolinar of malkshor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Opps, I posted in the wrong forum, can a mod move it to OT please, thanks and sorry.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would have to agree that it is rather ######ed. Perhaps you should take it to a higher up.
Dan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:45 PM   #4
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

dude. thanks for the heads up. i always wonder about the customer service on some of these companies...now we know.

and it cost them more than $18!

When will these companies learn? or maybe its the employees that just don't care.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:57 PM   #5
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm taking a customer service course right now, for every customer that has a bad experience, they usually tell between 10 and 20 people. In the end, the $18 "problem" ends up costing them something like 65 000 dollars a year in revenue between losing the money that you're not spending on them and the costs for advertising to get someone to replace you. Never mind anybody else who would stop using them because of it.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:07 PM   #6
jolinar of malkshor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan02 View Post
I would have to agree that it is rather ######ed. Perhaps you should take it to a higher up.
I sent an email to the customer care contact on the website and they had all kinds of topics to choose from expect customer complaints. Needless to say they told me the same thing.

Really pathetic.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:18 AM   #7
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

What I would have done was set up a reminder on my computer to call them the day before the cancellation takes effect.

I know with other telecommunications companies they require a full 30 days notice to cancel; in a way Vonage is offerring you a better option by allowing you to cancel with a couple of days notice; if you time it correctly. Not saying they are right, just trying to give this cloud a bit of a silver lining.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:13 PM   #8
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's the thing. It is all software! The only "challenge" is their billing system and perhaps the collection of hardware.

IMO, doing the right thing isn't always about today.

i find it incredible that a company that spends millions on advertising how fun a company they are would be such jerks when trying to move.

when customers are treated as a locked in cash flow...we know what should happen.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:31 AM   #9
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
What I would have done was set up a reminder on my computer to call them the day before the cancellation takes effect.

I know with other telecommunications companies they require a full 30 days notice to cancel; in a way Vonage is offerring you a better option by allowing you to cancel with a couple of days notice; if you time it correctly. Not saying they are right, just trying to give this cloud a bit of a silver lining.
Not Shaw. Well, that I am aware of. Per day billing has been my experience with them.

When I used Primus Talk Broadband and after Vonage, I was a Telus and Bell customer, as I spent more time on my cell and a pay phone.

GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote