Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-06-2020, 09:05 AM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default What I do (New Role)

So I started with my new company today as a contract Business Developer, and thought, I'd put a bit of an explanation up here, just in case any of you have a need or an interest in what we do.

The company I'm with is called React0r.com. The website is https://www.react0r.com/

What we do

We provide startup experience, infrastructure, and talent to build new and novel projects. We focus on project research and development, offering both team building and freelance services.

We believe novel ideas require new skills and research. We truly enjoy mastering new technologies so we can bring them to life with the highest chance of success. As a result, the learning process is built into our culture and process.
The Canadian-based company was born out of an old online community that plays with forward-thinking ideas in technology and philosophy. It was created to monetize those ideas and help others with theirs.

What we provide

Simply put, we've already done a multi-million dollar startup. Having gone through a successful startup from start to sale, we understand the challenges. We'll break down the process and provide your project with the flexibility it needs to give it the highest chance of success.

1) Research
We'll gather the current technical literature, review the state of the art, and compile current market trends to get you the answers you need to make the right decision.

2) Plan
We'll outline a plan, compile requirements, create a design, and provide a rough cost for your idea.

3) Build
We'll do all the prototyping, coding, DevOps, and any other technical aspects needed to execute the plan. We'll even help with some of the basic business, if needed.

I've attached a link here to some examples of projects

https://blog.react0r.com/

So basically if you have a concept for a technology or a application, we can work with you on the market research to make sure that its a relevant idea, we can evaluate the business case for the concept.

We'll provide project planning expertise and cost estimate to bring your idea to finalization and market

We'll work with you on the development and testing and all other steps.

If your interested in talking about this, if you have an idea in your head and you don't know where to go or how to start, please reach out to me and we can talk about it.

Thanks for your time.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 07-16-2020 at 08:17 AM.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2020, 02:05 PM   #2
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Your first website link goes to a 404 page. Also, your Plan and Build steps have identical text.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:44 PM   #3
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Boy its a struggletoday, first day jitters and all

I went to the site and it came up fine for me

https://www.react0r.com/

Build

We'll do all the prototyping, coding, DevOps, and any other technical aspects needed to execute the plan. We'll even help with some of the basic business, if needed.

Old 07-06-2020, 03:48 PM   #4
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Good luck Captain! Congrats on new position.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2020, 04:15 PM   #5
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Boy its a struggletoday, first day jitters and all

I went to the site and it came up fine for me

https://www.react0r.com/

Build

In your first post link you actually linked to
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:33 PM   #6
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Sounds cool! Congrats on the new gig Captain!
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:12 AM   #7
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Thanks all for your well wishes.

If you have an idea, an inkling, or a project where you have the concept down, but maybe what's stopping you is the execution. I'd love to talk to you.

Old 07-07-2020, 04:13 PM   #8
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

This is not meant as harsh criticism rather just community advice, but it was mentioned that your link to your website is erroneously linked sending it to an error page and that two of your three "what we provide" steps are exactly the same.

I would suggest that prospective clients aren't going to look to later posts that update or acknowledge mistakes, they will use the first post for their first impression, due to it being first. I would definitely update and edit there above all else.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2020, 05:59 PM   #9
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Congratulations.

Can you give us an example of the sort of idea you'd be looking for? What kind of philosophy could you monetize? Maybe an example of a real-world concept that has been brought to market already. Like, say Google hadn't been invented yet and I thought it up, would I bring my idea to you and we'd work together to take it from dream to reality? Is that what we're talking about here or have I missed it entirely? Would I pay you up front to help me in the same way I'd pay a lawyer for their expertise, or do we partner up and share the risks and rewards together?

The concept sounds neat, but I think I need it dumbed down a little to get it.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:29 AM   #10
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Thanks for the feedback Jay, and thanks for the question Silver.

First and foremost the concept that we're talking about is pretty flexible. Lets say someone has a idea. For example a security application for a business sector to protect their information from hacks.

The first questions that has to be asked is, is it viable? Is it something that the market needs? Is this something that's already out there.

Now we can be dealing with a wide range of client. We can get a person or start up that is very savvy tech wise, we can get a person or start up that isn't but has an idea that they came across while they were having a coffee.

The usual first step is a deep dive into the concept and the key questions of why for example. Why is this a good idea, what does it entail, what do you see it doing and how.

We would also on engagement go into the first step and do the market research. Is it out there already, Or is there an alternative in that security space that approaches the problem in a different way or a different tech. Is it viable and interesting and will it sell based on the market that you want to target?

If we generate this research and go back to the client or start up and say, yes this is an open space and there could be some interest in it. Or there are these products out there and this is the result of that product.

So the question becomes at that point is, is this something that you want to move forward with.

If it is, we can manage the developmental cycle. We can provide the developers and we'll build for example towards a prototype, or first run by. We can manage the budget and the developmental time. We can do the testing, of course this is variable based on what the client wants.

At the same time, we do some of the asymmetrical work. For example we can develop the website, work with them on a sales and marketing approach. So lets say using the example of the security application for a specific business sector, as we're developing we're putting together the website, we're taking the information from the marketing research to help develop a target list of organizations, and if possible some contact points. We might work with them to develop their scripting.

We can take it even further and help them fill their roster to support the product internally, these are the types of people that you need and can help coordinate the search.

In the end, we will test and complete application in this case, and the client will sign off on it and any of the side tasks.

Now, right at the moment, we do charge, for the work done, its variable based on what the clients needs and has. At the same time though we are incredibly flexible, so there can be discussions around not only the budget management but the risk management and sharing costs. But again every one of these things is on a case by case basis.

I hope that helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2020, 08:48 AM   #11
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Got it, sounds great. Thanks for explaining. Best of luck!
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 10:44 AM   #12
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

There should be an 'Edit' button at the bottom of your original post where you can update with the corrected website link and 'Build' step text.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Fonz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 11:09 AM   #13
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
There should be an 'Edit' button at the bottom of your original post where you can update with the corrected website link and 'Build' step text.

Maybe he could recruit an IT consultant to fix his posts. They could update the website link, fix the repetitive text in points two and three, remove all the unnecessary returns between paragraphs, combine the one and two sentence paragraphs into more comprehensive, professional paragraphs, and change the signature to something more professional. They could also use this space to provide some detail on the company, who works there, and what companies they've helped in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 02:48 PM   #14
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So excited about some of the possibilities and partnership with startup organizations here.

Old 07-15-2020, 03:00 PM   #15
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was going to check out the website, but I kept getting an error so I gave up.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 03:14 PM   #16
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

I represent the Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern and was looking for someone to help me launch our new dishwashing detergent. But I too had difficulty in accessing the website based on the link provided in the first post. I will now regrettably take my business elsewhere.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:52 PM   #17
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

For God’s sake just fix the original damn post!

The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Fonz For This Useful Post:
Ice
Old 07-16-2020, 08:18 AM   #18
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

fixed link and text

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2020, 10:50 AM   #19
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Get this:

Tinder but for gamers.

Three options:
1. Gaming Only
2. Gaming and Banging
3. The whole shebang: Gaming, Streaming, Banging,etc

Go!
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2020, 09:15 AM   #20
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been considering a bladder system for oil tankers, or maybe ketchup and mustard in the same bottle. Other ideas are a car periscope, or a build your own pizza place.

Which one sounds good?
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote