Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-05-2019, 09:54 AM   #61
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster
 
Mazrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Gary
Exp:
Default

30 silver to train a skill at Level 20 was definitely a big kick in the nuts. Even without training everything, it sucked to lose basically all my money.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:08 AM   #62
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Muffins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: In Gaudreau's luggage...shhhh
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
30 silver to train a skill at Level 20 was definitely a big kick in the nuts. Even without training everything, it sucked to lose basically all my money.
Yeah, you really have to be smart with your money at the start. I even find myself skipping some flights and running if it's close enough. Gives me a chance to level up my gathering profession so it's not a total waste.
__________________
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" -Abraham Lincoln
Muffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 12:42 PM   #63
puckedoff
First Line Centre
 
puckedoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Exp:
Default

Question as a non-WoW player, I have tried to google it but apparently there is no one as dumb as me out there.

What is "queuing" as people are referring to in the first page of the thread? Do you mean you sign in to this virtual world and then stand in line for X hours? Or do you do something else (either in the game or in real life) while in line? Or is queuing in a game not like waiting in line in real life?
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 12:45 PM   #64
Raekwon
First Line Centre
 
Raekwon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Airdrie, Alberta
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckedoff View Post
Question as a non-WoW player, I have tried to google it but apparently there is no one as dumb as me out there.

What is "queuing" as people are referring to in the first page of the thread? Do you mean you sign in to this virtual world and then stand in line for X hours? Or do you do something else (either in the game or in real life) while in line? Or is queuing in a game not like waiting in line in real life?
Servers are full so you are in line to get into the game on that server
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 12:30 PM   #65
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player
 
PsYcNeT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Marseilles Of The Prairies
Exp:
Default

Server pops have spread out a bit, been a pretty good weekend so far..

Well other than that jackass in the UK that's been DDoSing battle.net...
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 01:08 PM   #66
Bobblehead
Franchise Player
 
Bobblehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: in your blind spot.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Server pops have spread out a bit, been a pretty good weekend so far..

Well other than that jackass in the UK that's been DDoSing battle.net...
I got DC-ed 4 times in 20 minutes yesterday so I gave up. Played last night and it was fine. Today, I can't connect with my characters - "World Server is Down."
__________________
"The problem with any ideology is that it gives the answer before you look at the evidence."
—Bill Clinton
"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance--it is the illusion of knowledge."
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:13 AM   #67
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster
 
Mazrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Gary
Exp:
Default

The people I play with debated transferring this weekend but decided to wait and see. Hopefully the free transfers stick around for a while in case the queues continue to be rough.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:18 AM   #68
Ashasx
Franchise Player
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Exp:
Default

A popular private server guild on Herod made one of the free transfers to Earthfury and immediately regretted it. Very few people playing on them right now.

They tried to get a GM to transfer them back, but were unsuccessful. They have all now rerolled to Incendius.

I think I'd be done if my guild asked me to reroll after getting to 60.
Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:02 PM   #69
nik-
Franchise Player
 
nik-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
A popular private server guild on Herod made one of the free transfers to Earthfury and immediately regretted it. Very few people playing on them right now.

They tried to get a GM to transfer them back, but were unsuccessful. They have all now rerolled to Incendius.

I think I'd be done if my guild asked me to reroll after getting to 60.
It would depend on how long you played together. It's been two weeks, so if you're forced to reroll a 60, clearly it's not a huge investment in time.

I'm currently leveling a warlock which is a class I never played in Vanilla. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm pretty sure I'll end up rerolling. I've already got a warrior and rogue going on the side.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJoji View Post
Johnny eats garbage and isn’t 100% committed.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:09 PM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016