Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2018, 03:04 PM   #141
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

They've got Gal Gadot. So there's that.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:31 PM   #142
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

WB just needs someone at an executive level who is actually excited and passionate about making DC Comics movies. I don't think WB has ever had someone like that at a high level in the organization.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:14 PM   #143
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
WB just needs someone at an executive level who is actually excited and passionate about making DC Comics movies. I don't think WB has ever had someone like that at a high level in the organization.
They had Zack Snyder but they got rid of him because his Superman didn't smile enough and wasn't enough like Reeves. Yet when Brandon Routh gave us a Superman similar to Reeves portrayal the movie bombed.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:24 PM   #144
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think Zack Snyder was interested in making DC Comics movies. He sure did make some Zack Snyder movies featuring DC characters. But also, I mean someone in the organization as a whole, not just a director. Someone high up with clout and passion to make these movies and the drive to see them through with the right people in place with equal passion and commitment.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:09 PM   #145
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
I don't think Zack Snyder was interested in making DC Comics movies. He sure did make some Zack Snyder movies featuring DC characters. But also, I mean someone in the organization as a whole, not just a director. Someone high up with clout and passion to make these movies and the drive to see them through with the right people in place with equal passion and commitment.
I guess as a director you can only make movies for you. Tim Burton made a Tim Burton version of Batman especially with Batman Returns and Nolan made his version of Batman and the Joker. In the comics the Joker isn't anything like Ledgers portrayal. These characters have lasted for 75 years and part of that reason is there adaptable. But people just for what ever reason never connected with Snyder's vision of his universe as much as the other two. As Guierrmo Del Torro said Batman is like Jesus in that your version of Batman is very different than my version. There is no one true version of these characters.

I agree with your second part they need an over seer a Fiege......if your listening WB I'd do it for free
Old 09-13-2018, 10:46 AM   #146
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

DC also needs to stick a bit closer to some of the existing stories. They have some great material to work with. So far, they've, however, hacked up small bits of stories and ended up with a jumbled mess. For example, in BvS, they gave us part of the Frank Miller stories, part of the Doomsday stories, part of the death of superman stories, etc...

The best Marvel movies so far have largely been modified, but whole, versions of their existing comic book stories.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:56 AM   #147
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Heard a rumor that the Batman script is finally finished! If all goes well should go into production next year.

It's got a lot to live up to considering Ben Affleck's script was supposedly amazing and was about the Legion of Doom hiring Deathstroke to kill Batman.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:18 AM   #148
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also Captain Marvel trailer on Tuesday
Old 09-14-2018, 06:25 PM   #149
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really liked cavill, but happy hes doing the witcher, he was great in man from uncle and mission impossible

I hope, and who knows if they can even pull this off, but dc/wb in losing cavill and affleck have a clear path going forward with a reset, and its flashpoint

I have read conflicting stuff about what the flash is going to be, last year it seemed it might be flashpoint, but now that talk has died down
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:27 PM   #150
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
This is actually something that I think they've done well.

The Hulk can be beaten, Thor can be beaten, but then they carry on with their journey/quest and develop new powers, strategies or resolve and keep fighting.

Making characters invincible makes them uninteresting. If they cant lose, even a little bit, then who cares?

The Hulk is notorious for having fluctuating power levels depending on how angry he is, and they've even played around with when and how he changes and his thinking process as Hulk, but I think they've done it in an excellent manner.

It provides entertainment, it makes the characters have to use strategy and thought without it turning into some mindless punch-fest.

They do the same with Captain America at times too, he often fights above his weight class and holds his own, etc.

I find that it helps keep the story grounded because if the Hulk or Thor could just do it themselves then theres no need for the Avengers whereas, conversely, in DC its basically just "hold the fort until Superman shows up" despite having other characters that are stupidly powerful in their own right (Wonder Woman/Green Lantern, etc.).
Yep, best example of that is avengers 1 to 3

In battle of new york, everything seems to predicate on the hulk showing up and being the biggest fighter

But at the battle of wakanda, after thor had developed more, when he shows up the hulk screams out you guys are screwed now and clearly thor is the most powerful
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:47 PM   #151
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://t.co/eNFJCl7vv0

Introducing Mr. Arthur Fleck aka the Clown Prince of Crime

Spoiler!

Last edited by Nadal Fan; 09-16-2018 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:40 PM   #152
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cool. How are they going to F this up? Maybe an eye patch or a wheelchair or just have him like that with no makeup. However they do it, it'll suck.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:43 AM   #153
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
Cool. How are they going to F this up? Maybe an eye patch or a wheelchair or just have him like that with no makeup. However they do it, it'll suck.
Or maybe they will make him an actor named Trevor
Old 09-17-2018, 10:50 AM   #154
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Hmm...Not really sure I need a Joker origin story. Part of the fun of the Joker is that his origins are unclear. The cast on this is great though, and I like the idea of comic book movies for an adult audience.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2018, 10:59 AM   #155
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

We got a joker origin story in Batman(Burton). It was simple and great.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:07 AM   #156
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think one of the best things about the Joker is that he is a creative blank slate. You can make him whatever you want. You can do the Nolan version (my favorite so far) where he is a chaotic mystery.

Or you can do the Suicide Squad version, where he's a crazy gangster.

Though, if you're going to go against the grain a bit, it better be damned good.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:11 AM   #157
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

I think the best thing about the joker is his jokes. As long as they keep those the character will be great. More violence based puns is my vote. And acid spitting lapel flowers. Classic.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 03:34 PM   #158
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brian Singer in talks to direct a Red Sonja movie......How the #### does that piece of #### continue to get work?
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2018, 04:45 PM   #159
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
Brian Singer in talks to direct a Red Sonja movie......How the #### does that piece of #### continue to get work?
Lifetime Gross Total (9): $1,142,164,823
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:31 AM   #160
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post: