Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2023, 04:14 PM   #4801
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Karen Jarrett's on the war path, she's tweeting out about Kurt Angle's cheating way and naming names.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2023/01...ng-accusation/

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 06:54 AM   #4802
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man the Acclaimed really triggered her didn’t they lol
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 07:13 AM   #4803
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like Omega and Osprey had just a physical war at WK17.

Also can’t believe how poorly AEW handled FTRs title run, you had them with the AAA, ROH, and NJPW tag titles and didn’t put the AEW titles on them to have them hold all 4 at once and feels like they were barely featured on AEW TV too.
Old 01-04-2023, 07:46 AM   #4804
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I expect with Dax lighting it up concerning the locker room stuff and CM Punk. And that they've been so poorly used that FTR is going free agent at the end of their contract which I think ends in 24.

Old 01-04-2023, 07:49 AM   #4805
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

FTR will continue to go where their old-school ring style is respected. With them, it could be under Triple H's WWE, NJPW, or even the NWA. Who knows. Definitely the best and most talented tag-team act today though.

Ospreay/Omega was MONEY and a potential MOTY candidate.

One thing to note - I think NJPW is finally starting to change the guard a bit. Ren Narita and Shota Umino both had high profile spots at WK. These guys are basically the next Shibata and Tanahashi.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 08:30 AM   #4806
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1610559997989253120

Mercedes Mone mad her debut.

The crowd goes mild. Then a really weird silly looking move by Mercedes and her typical promo.

Old 01-04-2023, 08:35 AM   #4807
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Ehhhh . . . . Japanese crowds are notoriously hot/cold for people they aren't fully aware of, and especially women who most Japanese fans have not alot of exposure to compared to men's leagues. And during that exchange, there was a botch/miscommunication or something.

I wouldn't get too salty on it, she was probably nervous for this big of a show not in WWE. Francesco Akira had a really awkward debut in NJPW and he recovered just fine.
Old 01-04-2023, 09:31 AM   #4808
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

The botch is more on Sane, she needs to land on her feet for Banks to be able to ddt her, instead she falls and nothing really Banks can do.

My guess is Sasha will have a little run here in NJPW and then will end up back in WWE under triple H
Old 01-04-2023, 12:15 PM   #4809
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
The botch is more on Sane, she needs to land on her feet for Banks to be able to ddt her, instead she falls and nothing really Banks can do.

My guess is Sasha will have a little run here in NJPW and then will end up back in WWE under triple H
Probably as soon as the Royal Rumble.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:00 PM   #4810
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

You folks really think she'd set up a brand new persona, make a big WK debut, and publicly state in the ring she's the CEO of the NJPW women's division/Stardom to make history all just to walk away?

She even thanked Triple H, Vince MacMahon, William Regal (her NXT mentor), the ring crew, the WWE universe, and even Sasha Banks (the character) over Twitter before she debuted yesterday.

NJPW Twitter is also not-so-subtly hinting she'd be defending against Kairi on Feb. 18 at Battle in the Valley.

This is a woman who also will likely start a deep feud with Kairi and Giulia.

I mean . . . .

https://twitter.com/user/status/1610556848020811777

I don't think she's WWE-bound any time soon.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:03 PM   #4811
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it will be a year, maybe two, but she will be back in WWE eventually. I don’t see her being back this year.

AEW fans seem to think she’s going to show up there next week, but I’m less sold on that. I think she might stick with NJPW and Stardom to start at least.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:05 PM   #4812
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

No one seems to know what's going on with her (which is good for the business as a whole). WWE people were apparently shocked by the NJPW (signed in November). AEW people think that they're doing a real hush hush thing and that she is signed to be Saraya's mystery partner (may be a thing similar to what apparently happened with Brodie Lee, Matt Hardy and dark order). NJPW people think she's going to do a full run with them.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 01:28 PM   #4813
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

I think her sales on Prowrestlingtees.com and general merchandise will be a big factor into her returning to WWE or not. I'm almost certain she's got a makeup line coming out soon too, and also is getting involved with cannabis/CBD products as well.

I wouldn't rule out a second WWE run, but it's not any time soon and based on her other interests and age, it wouldn't make sense to jump back in 100% either.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:42 PM   #4814
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I wouldn't rule out a second WWE run, but it's not any time soon and based on her other interests and age, it wouldn't make sense to jump back in 100% either.

I think that she is a "student of the game" as it were. I think she wants to experience Japan, experience styles and systems that are not "WWE"

I think she will go back to WWE. I think she will get paid when she does. I don't think it will be quickly.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 01-04-2023, 01:52 PM   #4815
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

One thing AEW needs to do is just give us NJPW Kenny Omega.

That match and these promos from both Ospreay and Omega are great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlcO0JTNXro

Young Bucks and the Goofy stuff hold back Omega in AEW IMO, AEW needs him to be the cleaner.

NJPW seems to be building to next WK with Ospreay. He lost the last G1 Climax final to Okada. Now he lost his title with Omega. My guess is he wins the G1 Climax next year, and then they have him beat Okada to actually win the NJPW Title at WK18.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:56 PM   #4816
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
One thing AEW needs to do is just give us NJPW Kenny Omega.

That match and these promos from both Ospreay and Omega are great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlcO0JTNXro

Young Bucks and the Goofy stuff hold back Omega in AEW IMO, AEW needs him to be the cleaner.

NJPW seems to be building to next WK with Ospreay. He lost the last G1 Climax final to Okada. Now he lost his title with Omega. My guess is he wins the G1 Climax next year, and then they have him beat Okada to actually win the NJPW Title at WK18.

I don't think Omega's body could handle full-time NJPW Omega anymore. I agree that NJPW Omega was the most exciting thing about AEW two years ago, and that we have never really seen that has been such a huge disappointment and a major part of my personal quick loss of over-all interest in AEW.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 01-05-2023, 03:25 PM   #4817
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vince McMahon Plots Return to WWE (paywall alert)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/vince-m...we-11672952709

Quote:
Vince McMahon, the majority owner and former chief executive of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc., plans to return to the company following his retirement last year amid a sexual-harassment scandal to pursue a sale of the business, according to people familiar with the matter.

Mr. McMahon, who has majority voting power through his ownership of WWE’s Class-B stock, has told the company that he is electing himself and two former co-presidents and directors, Michelle Wilson and George Barrios, to the board, the people said. The move to reinstate Mr. McMahon, which the board previously rebuffed, and the others will require three current directors to vacate their positions.
Apparently the only long-term angle Vince cares about is his own....
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 09:45 AM   #4818
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Vince McMahon Plots Return to WWE (paywall alert)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/vince-m...we-11672952709

Apparently the only long-term angle Vince cares about is his own....
Annnnd he's back.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2023/1...d-of-directors

Was fun while it lasted. Think I'm pretty over wrestling at the moment. I have no interest in Vince's WWE and I'm tired of the overuse of worked shoots in AEW.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 09:49 AM   #4819
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Agreed... although I'll still watch AEW (The Acclaimed, MJF, Darby Allin and Samoa Joe are keeping me in rn). I have ZERO interest in Vince's WWE, it was trash last year before he left. He's so out of touch with today's wrestling product. You could see the excellent work HHH was doing these last five months - too bad that will likely change.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 09:54 AM   #4820
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, its funny, but I used to be such a hardcore fan, and I tried AEW and I just can't they're WWE is better but its still flat and there's nothing new or exciting. AEW is just over booked and the work rate outside of a few guys is awful.

It sounds like Vince is back to try to push a sale of the company. I think it would be hilarious if Vince did sell it and turned around and bought AEW pal.

AEW has its own problems, its TV viewership is heavily slid last week was about 846k. When you break it down, its getting clear that the fans are tuning out people like the Bucks etc when they show up. There are also reports that AEW is not doing great ticket sales for their live audiences.

Lets be honest, AEW is being booked by ego's for the entertainment of certain boys in the backstage ares.

WWE is not braking any walls or doing something new.

The style of wrestling for me in both is just not for me. Maybe I'm too old, but I loved the real looking and hard hitting wrestling from the era of Stampede Wrestling, ECW (And not the hardcore stuff, but when guys like Jericho and Benoit and other wrestlers took to the ring). Instead now it looks phony and soft (and this is both feds) and its all based on timing. There's no story telling or psychology. We have people diving out of the ring and their opponent just standing there for 5 minutes waiting.

The most concerning thing is that clearly the training system for wrestling is gone, I see a ton of sloppy and dangerous crap and injuries that don't need to happen.

I tend to think that if the CP brain trust got together we could book a better fed then AEW and WWE.