Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2008, 10:00 PM   #1
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Bell ExpressVu question (contract)

Hey guys, my 2 year contract ends in october for my satellite - does anyone know what happens then? Does it turn into a month by month thing, or do they auto-renew for a year or something?

I checked their website and of course it offers no answers...Thought I'd check to see if anyone had any experience with this before giving them a call (...I can't stand their customer service for the most part).

Thanks.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:17 PM   #2
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Hey guys, my 2 year contract ends in october for my satellite - does anyone know what happens then? Does it turn into a month by month thing, or do they auto-renew for a year or something?

I checked their website and of course it offers no answers...Thought I'd check to see if anyone had any experience with this before giving them a call (...I can't stand their customer service for the most part).

Thanks.
Cant say what will happen after your contract runs out since I too am in my first two year contract that runs out in October but I imagine you just wont have access to programming anymore.

If you're interested in renewing what you could do is log onto your Bell account and click on the Promotions tab and you should see four deals to choose from for extending your contract for another two years. I've thought about doing one but I've been advised to just let it run out as Bell wants it's customers to stay so I may be able to get a better deal as a "free agent".
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:06 AM   #3
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

You will continue month-to-month until you decide to cancel or renew to upgrade your equipment.

I would just phone Bell TV...ugh I hate saying that...and see what they will do for you. Tell them the offers they are giving you online aren't good enough and you could go to the competition for insert offer.

Personally I use the well Starchoice/Shaw is offering line a lot and it seems to work. Sometimes you have to push the rep a bit to give you what you want, but if you have the patients and negotiation skills it's pretty easy.

Don't get greedy, but be reasonable in what you want. Tell them what you want and why you deserve it as a loyal customer.
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:56 AM   #4
GrrlGoalie33
First Line Centre

Exp:

Tell them that Shaw is offering you a free HD PVR to switch over to their service. When I did that, they offered me free rental for a year and 30% off my programming for a year.

You have to own your receiver for this to work. I owned an old SD receiver, while renting the HD PVR.
GrrlGoalie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #5
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

thanks, I was actually thinking about switching back to shaw as...well..for the most part, I've had hassle after hassle with bell over this thing (pvr was broken out of the box (it would shut itself down after an hour or two). I'll give shaw a call, thanks.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote