Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2008, 12:47 AM   #1
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:
Default Microsoft Word question

I have the trial version of MS Office 07. I'm making roster labels in Word for my hockey team, and I have a picture of our logo that I want to have "faded" behind the text. The picture is a jpeg from MS paint, that I just copy and pasted. Isn't there an option to make the picture really light (I already selected the option to have it behind the text), so that it's just kind of in the background of the roster label, so yo ucan still clearly read the players names? You can kind of see what I mean in this picture, where the team we played against has their logo behind and faded.

I know it can be done, but I can't for the life of me find a way to do it on MS Office.

..or, is there a program I can do this in, and then just copy and paste logo to word after the fact?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:20 AM   #2
Shawn_Cronin44
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Instructions for doing a watermark here... http://tipsforwordprocessing.com/word_2007_0010.html. I tried them out and I think it'll work for what you're trying to do.
Shawn_Cronin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:18 AM   #3
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

says i don't have access to that flickr page... can you post it somewhere else or email it to me?
Jayems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #4
Flames89
First Line Centre

Exp:

You can also just turn the Brightness way up and Contrast down on the pic ... achieves similar effect...
Flames89 is offline   Reply With Quote