Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2008, 11:33 PM   #1
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:
Default Buying a 360, how's this deal?

I realize the prices went down this week, but I'm not too sure which is which. So the $200 one has no hard drive, so you use memory cards right? ..and can I have an online account for NHL 09 without a hard drive?

Now the $300 one has a hard drive, but how big is it?

I was looking at a used one, it's a premium edition with a 20gb hard drive and a $20 game, for $220. Is that a good deal, or should I buy a new $200 and just use a memory card.

...and one more question. I had an online account about a year ago that I used to play NHL 08. Can I still use this account on a new hard drive, or do I have to create a new one?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:37 PM   #2
FlamesPuck12
First Line Centre

Exp:

I recommend the one with the hard drive. Also, I wouldn't recommend buying a used one but if you're going that route, make sure you check that the console isn't banned from xbox live and make sure that you won't have any problems with the RROD.

As for your online account, I don't think it matters which hard drive you're on. I think you just make a new profile on your hard drive and recover the live account.
FlamesPuck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:42 PM   #3
lambeburger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Check your inbox, flameswin. I have a deal for you.
lambeburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:46 PM   #4
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeburger View Post
Check your inbox, flameswin. I have a deal for you.
sweet deal! pm sent.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:08 AM   #5
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

All employees for the company I work for are being offered Xbox 360 Elites for $279, is that a decent deal? I don't really need one but I do like the Black.
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:18 AM   #6
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
All employees for the company I work for are being offered Xbox 360 Elites for $279, is that a decent deal? I don't really need one but I do like the Black.
Yep. They retail for $399
Jayems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:26 AM   #7
CRXguy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
I was looking at a used one, it's a premium edition with a 20gb hard drive and a $20 game, for $220. Is that a good deal, or should I buy a new $200 and just use a memory card.

...and one more question. I had an online account about a year ago that I used to play NHL 08. Can I still use this account on a new hard drive, or do I have to create a new one?
I would pay a little more for the new Pro bundle. It's 60GB instead of 20GB, and apparently the new chipset or whatever is less prone to the Red Ring of Death.

As for the last part, there's a one time use transfer cable from Microsoft. I'm not sure how much it costs, although I read somewhere someone was trying to transfer files from their 20GB to the new 60GB and it did not work.
CRXguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:27 AM   #8
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Hmmm. I know someone that would appreciate that deal...
Old 09-08-2008, 09:16 AM   #9
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Wow, that's an excellent price. If I was in the market I'd pm the hell out of you.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:28 AM   #10
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
Hmmm. I know someone that would appreciate that deal...
The problem is I don't live in Calgary so I don't exactly know how I would get it to you. Keep in mind that is $279 plus pst/gst/s&h...but it still a good deal.
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote