Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2019, 02:26 PM   #1301
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
I buy wholesale locally and make all my own edibles. It's even cheaper than MOM's, and I know what's in it.
Care to share recipes?
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 02:49 PM   #1302
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Recipes are really easy.

Check out Haribo gummy bear hacks on the internet, it's hilariously simple. It's my current fav.

Same with hard candy. Basically just sugar, water, gelatin and flavouring.

The hardest part is always getting your THC into solution if you're using a distillate, or making it not taste like weed if you're using cannabutter, etc. Both have pros and cons.

I use distillate in all my creations because it's easier to control THC levels, doesn't taste like dirt, and is WAY stronger. It is soluble in oil (like MCT oil) so you can use it in just about anything.

Just make sure you do your math right lol.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2019, 01:12 PM   #1303
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1112793950912282624
Old 04-01-2019, 01:16 PM   #1304
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
The government plans to have regulations in place for those [edible] products no later than Oct. 17 this year.
https://globalnews.ca/news/4982898/c...bland-product/

October?!? I was hoping it would happen in time for summer music festival season. For friends.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-cana...-topicals.html

Canada may not be ready for edible pot sales by October deadline

Six out of 10 consumers expected to consume pot in this form — but they may have to wait

https://business.financialpost.com/c...october-target

Last edited by troutman; 04-01-2019 at 01:19 PM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 01:32 PM   #1305
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
https://globalnews.ca/news/4982898/c...bland-product/

October?!? I was hoping it would happen in time for summer music festival season. For friends.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-cana...-topicals.html

Canada may not be ready for edible pot sales by October deadline

Six out of 10 consumers expected to consume pot in this form — but they may have to wait

https://business.financialpost.com/c...october-target
Edibles will be neat, but for now get some soft gel capsules from any of the stores or albertacannabis.org. Check out the small micro-dosing pills. Not sure how experienced you are, but if you're just kind of dabbling take one pill 1-2 hours before you want it to hit. With one of the micro doses you may or may not feel anything, but if you do it's not likely at all to hit you super hard. The next morning you won't feel weird or like you were messed up the night before. Picture it like having a beer or two-type level of intoxication. Sometimes you can feel a little buzz, and sometimes not really anything.

In a night or two try two of the micro dose capsules. You will very likely get a nice buzz off that. Think having 3-4 beers level of intoxication. If you had to talk to a relative on the phone they wouldn't know you were intoxicated, but you'll be quicker to smile/laugh and just generally feel a nice warm glow (no guarantees with any of this stuff, mind you, as we're all different). You'll probably feel 100% the next day, whereas sometimes if you have a few drinks you feel a bit down/slow/headachy the next day.

I really like these microdoses capsules because you can really pick the level of intoxication you're looking for accurately and predictably. I get wanting the edibles, but I really think these are just as good in more convenient packaging. These are perfect for concerts.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2019, 02:04 PM   #1306
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

The problem with edibles in today's world of instant gratification is that they require some planning and patience. Too many people feel after an hour they aren't getting a buzz so they pop another and maybe even another and before you know it they kick in hard and you are incapacitated.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2019, 02:12 PM   #1307
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
The problem with edibles in today's world of instant gratification is that they require some planning and patience. Too many people feel after an hour they aren't getting a buzz so they pop another and maybe even another and before you know it they kick in hard and you are incapacitated.
Yeah, you need to respect them, that's for sure. Start low dose. It's way better to err on the side of not feeling anything or as much as you wanted versus going overboard and getting too intoxicated. The comedown takes way too long and can be too unpleasant. Micro dosing is where it's at. Plus, you can always supplement by smoking a bowl or whatever if you're not landing where you want.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:14 PM   #1308
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is there a product out there that is basically just cannabis in a pill? I can't smoke anything and don't want to eat it either
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:15 PM   #1309
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Is there a product out there that is basically just cannabis in a pill? I can't smoke anything and don't want to eat it either
Yes, it's what Sliver talked about 2 posts up.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:16 PM   #1310
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Yes, it's what Sliver talked about 2 posts up.
Huh, well would you look at that
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2019, 02:17 PM   #1311
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Huh, well would you look at that
Slow down on the pills dude.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:18 PM   #1312
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Slow down on the pills dude.
To quote Bill Burr "You weed guys need to stop taking credit for what alcohol has done to me"
Old 04-01-2019, 03:29 PM   #1313
socalwingfan
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
We have an awesome cannabis infused Ginger Ale - man it is so good and the perfect high for me
socalwingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to socalwingfan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2019, 03:50 PM   #1314
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Ok now, let's just stop sounding like we're 100 years old with the "today's world of instant gratification". You sound like an old man. I'm 40, and have real memories of having to wait for mushrooms to kick in, wayyy back into my teens. Waiting to get high is not new, gramps.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2019, 04:00 PM   #1315
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Ok now, let's just stop sounding like we're 100 years old with the "today's world of instant gratification". You sound like an old man. I'm 40, and have real memories of having to wait for mushrooms to kick in, wayyy back into my teens. Waiting to get high is not new, gramps.
Out in Windermere circa 1986 with 10 of us at buddys parents condo in Akiskinook.

Mushies on the menu. All dropped a gram or 2 each...nothing for like 35 or 40 minutes. So we all doubled down....and about 10 minutes later we were all like "uh oh".

I could fill pages on here of just stories from that night.

One would involve snowmobile suits and helmets, everyone with an open bottle of wine and a new sport called racing the neighbors lawn chairs straight down the cliff full of mud.

Insanity.

Waiting to get high is not new, but man it can have some interesting consequences.
Old 04-01-2019, 04:21 PM   #1316
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Out in Windermere circa 1986 with 10 of us at buddys parents condo in Akiskinook.

Mushies on the menu. All dropped a gram or 2 each...nothing for like 35 or 40 minutes. So we all doubled down....and about 10 minutes later we were all like "uh oh".
Doing mushrooms at parents' condos in Windermere circa 1986 must have been a thing. My story involves a canoe and mystifyingly tiny trees.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2019, 04:24 PM   #1317
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

The delayed onset of the high is a big reason Canada is holding back on legalizing edibles. Authorities in Colorado say most of their problems with legalization were related to edibles, and people getting sitting-on-the-sidewalk-crying high without intending to.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2019, 04:32 PM   #1318
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meanwhile in Ontario the first 10 stores have opened a mere 6 months after legalization.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-day-1.5076935
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 04:37 PM   #1319
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't mind waiting for the high, but I personally hate the "take 1/2 and wait" approach. Screw that. I'm not getting 1/2 a high just to wait and give myself a longer version of 1/2 a high. Take the full dose and put yourself in god's hands.

I'm not a fan of uppers and powders, but have ingested some hallucinogenics in my time. IMO, a bad trip only happens when people seem to forget that they have purposely poisoned themselves with something. You're gonna see some s***. Isn't that why you took this? Like, you know that the tree isn't actually coming to life, right? Let your mind do it's thing.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:05 PM   #1320
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Meanwhile in Ontario the first 10 stores have opened a mere 6 months after legalization.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-day-1.5076935
This opinion was flamed a lot early in this thread, but this roll out has been hilariously bad.

The shops that are opening have had little time since getting awarded. So they all have limited stock and are scrambling.

That article also goes on to say the black market is deeply rooted, and half the price.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote