Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default Discussion of usvideo.org and US netflix,hulu,pandora,etc

I just got a US netflix account setup for my PS3 and the selection is about 1000 times better than whats available in Canada. I would like to get Hulu Plus setup on my PS3 as well but its a pain in the ass and the only way to do it currently without an actual US credit card is pretty expensive. If anyone would be willing to set up an account for me please PM me or post below. I think Hulu Plus is $7.99/month but I'd gladly pay a bit extra for your trouble. Although I'm a random dude on the internet I have been a CP member for a long time and have references if needed.

Last edited by 1_Flames_Fan; 01-20-2011 at 06:03 PM. Reason: us is supposed to say use
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1_Flames_Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
ricosuave
Threadkiller

Exp:

loan us?
Old 01-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
PsnaP
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Id like to know how you got a US netflix account setup...
PsnaP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PsnaP For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Do you have a Paypal account? Sign up for their Mastercard. It is a "debit" card- it will only draw from your Paypal balance. But is does show as a US Mastercard.

Or at least so it does with Dish Network. (or so I've heard.)
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricosuave View Post
loan us?
huh?
Old 01-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #6
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsnaP View Post
Id like to know how you got a US netflix account setup...
Check out www.usvideo.org. they explain it all there. They have a free 7 day trial then $4.99/month after that. so it's about 13$ a month including the Netflix subscription. you can also get hulu for free and some other video feeds that you wouldn't be able to access in Canada. Basically it fools the websites into thinking you are in the US. It's like a VPN but simpler. Any more questions let me know.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to 1_Flames_Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #7
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
Check out www.usvideo.org. they explain it all there. They have a free 7 day trial then $4.99/month after that. so it's about 13$ a month including the Netflix subscription. you can also get hulu for free and some other video feeds that you wouldn't be able to access in Canada. Basically it fools the websites into thinking you are in the US. It's like a VPN but simpler. Any more questions let me know.
Fantastic, I've been looking for a simple solution like this. How do you pay for the Netflix? Does it care if you're using a Canadian credit card?

Follow up: Does it give you access to the Netflix Queue?

Last edited by Russic; 01-17-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #8
CKPThunder
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
I just got a US netflix account setup for my PS3 and the selection is about 1000 times better than whats available in Canada. I would like to get Hulu Plus setup on my PS3 as well but its a pain in the ass and the only way to do it currently without an actual US credit card is pretty expensive. If anyone would be willing to set up an account for me please PM me or post below. I think Hulu Plus is $7.99/month but I'd gladly pay a bit extra for your trouble. Although I'm a random dude on the internet I have been a CP member for a long time and have references if needed.
Why can't you pay for Hulu the same way you are paying for US Netflix? Are you using the suggestion to use Entropay like usvideo.org mentioned to pay for your Netflix account? I am sort of confused since it seems like you can use the virtual Visa to pay for both accounts.
CKPThunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #9
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Fantastic, I've been looking for a simple solution like this. How do you pay for the Netflix? Does it care if you're using a Canadian credit card?

Follow up: Does it give you access to the Netflix Queue?
You have to sign-up for the Entropay card as it explains on the website. The nice thing is if you want you can just change the dns settings for the PS3 itself, or whatever device you are using rather than at the router level then the rest of your computers,etc. won't be affected or in case you have security concerns about changing your dns. I just have it set up at the router level and haven't had any problems at all. As far as the Queue goes I haven't had a chance to test that but I will and report back when I can.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #10
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKPThunder View Post
Why can't you pay for Hulu the same way you are paying for US Netflix? Are you using the suggestion to use Entropay like usvideo.org mentioned to pay for your Netflix account? I am sort of confused since it seems like you can use the virtual Visa to pay for both accounts.
Hulu Plus won't let you sign up using the entropay account. There is another virtual credit card you can use but its much more expensive. Like 10$ card creation fee, $2.50 per load + plus 5% and $4.50 monthly card maintenance fee.

**edit** I just checked and there is a new solution for both Hulu Plus and Netflix that wasn't there a few days ago...here's the link

http://usvideo.org/how-to-set-up/prepaid-visa
Old 01-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #11
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

How is it working for you? Any problems at all? Any new lag or anything like that
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #12
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It uses DNS servers for the IP location then switches to your internet connection so you won't get any lagging (unless your internet connection sucks!)
silentsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #13
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Ahhh I like I am going to go and try this out tonight. Goodbye netflix canada hello loop holed netflix USA
Old 01-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #14
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Cool. Im going to buy one of those prepaid gift cards today. Grocery store sells em.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #15
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Wouldn't it be smart to use netflix 30 day free trial and then the companies 7 day trial before buying the actual gift card?
Old 01-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #16
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
Wouldn't it be smart to use netflix 30 day free trial and then the companies 7 day trial before buying the actual gift card?
Need a US Credit card to sign up for the Netflix trial.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #17
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

oh ya forgot about that when I did cadflix touche! Off to the store for pre paid visas!
Old 01-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #18
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

You still get the free trial but you need the card to sign up. For the usvideo.org all you need is an e-mail address to get the free trial I believe.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #19
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Just bought my 50 dollar gift card! going to register it right now then set this up when I get home

*****Registered with a us address no problem. Lets hope it works with netflix now!*****

Last edited by fundmark19; 01-17-2011 at 01:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to fundmark19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 08:39 PM   #20
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Got this working on my PS3 but my xbox doesn't work and they recommend setting up the router. I have the Shaw wireless gateway and made the changes but they don't wanna take they keep going back, anyone done this on this gateway/router yet?

Also netflix is all setup and running on PS3 having an issue now with an erection lasting more than 3 hours what do I do? What a difference in selction
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote