Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2022, 09:37 AM   #1
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Have been paying attention to this just to get my mind off the world events and Ukraine. Has been an interesting trial so far... and some bigtime lawyer flubs from time to time.

Will Amber end up taking the stand? So far things seem to have be going well for Johnny, but am no expert
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 09:45 AM   #2
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

The whole thing is a bit of a clown show. I have watched some of it out of amusement and it appears to be two losers duking it out to see who's the bigger loser which at the current time appears to be Heard. Other than that it seems like a typical celebrity relationship involving drugs, alcohol, physical abuse (both ways) with a bit of bedroom defecation spice.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 10:05 AM   #3
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have not followed it, but I heard she literally #### on his bed on purpose. LoL.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 10:12 AM   #4
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Old 05-03-2022, 10:13 AM   #5
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

She cray cray.

Seriously though, it’s sad. She’s an abuser and that’s not funny.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2022, 10:29 AM   #6
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
The whole thing is a bit of a clown show. I have watched some of it out of amusement and it appears to be two losers duking it out to see who's the bigger loser which at the current time appears to be Heard. Other than that it seems like a typical celebrity relationship involving drugs, alcohol, physical abuse (both ways) with a bit of bedroom defecation spice.
So far there doesn’t appear to be evidence that Johnny Depp ever physically abused Amber Heard aside from her own allegations that haven’t been proven. Now that doesn’t mean it never happened, but her credibility on the matter has certainly taken a pretty big hit considering her actions and the fact that there is somehow a mountain of evidence proving she physically assaulted Depp.

While her mental health conditions are definitely a factor in her previous behaviours, they don’t give her a free pass to try and ruin someone else’s life just because she wants to, which is exactly what she tried to do.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 10:30 AM   #7
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, the possibility exists that both are bat---- crazy and bad people.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 10:33 AM   #8
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
I don’t think so. Tons of evidence against her, virtually none against him.

The entire reason this show trial exists is so Depp can clear his name publicly. So far it’s working. She’s gotten the worst of every single notable moment so far (her crappy lawyers too).
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 10:39 AM   #9
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It's been amazing comedy fodder. It looks pretty dire for Amber, so hopefully she throws a Hail Mary and goes crazy on the stand.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 10:40 AM   #10
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
Of course, but I think if you followed this case you’d probably agree that’s likely not the case.
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2022, 10:40 AM   #11
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I don’t think so. Tons of evidence against her, virtually none against him.

The entire reason this show trial exists is so Depp can clear his name publicly. So far it’s working. She’s gotten the worst of every single notable moment so far (her crappy lawyers too).
Her time will come later in the trial where she gets to call her own witnesses.. but the question is, who will they be? Plus she'll likely need to take the stand so while I agree the start has been good for Johnny, the second half is 'supposed' to lean towards Heard. However, I don't think her witnesses will be anywhere near as good, and will likely need to be careful not to get themselves in hot water
Old 05-03-2022, 12:18 PM   #12
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
She cray cray.

Seriously though, it’s sad. She’s an abuser and that’s not funny.
And he’s the epitome of normalcy.

Is there a reason to pay attention to this trial other than their celebrity?
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 12:22 PM   #13
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haven't followed a second of the trial, but I've heard for years from people like Doug Stanhope that are close to Depp that she's basically bat-#### insane. At least he can kinda clear his name now, she'd been dragging it pretty hard the last few years
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 12:44 PM   #14
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
And he’s the epitome of normalcy.

Is there a reason to pay attention to this trial other than their celebrity?
I don’t follow much celebrity news but as someone who has known a lot people who’ve tried to split amicably or couldn’t afford a lawyer get railroaded by exes making up allegations about them I’m interested to see how this goes.

Personality disorders aren’t a joke and can have devastating consequences for the friends and families of people who have them. This trial is shedding some light on that but most of it is getting lost in all the sensationalizing of it in the media. From the information I’ve seen thus far IMO Johnny Depp has his own issues but does not appear to be an abuser, and while Amber Heard may not be a “bad” person she definitely needs to get some serious help to deal with her issues.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2022, 12:49 PM   #15
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Agreed - the testifying of her having borderline personality disorder was somewhat devastating, but perhaps a truth revealed to her. Unfortunately borderline personality won't absolve you of crimes or things like that, but it's something that definitely needs to be dealt with.

I've known someone with borderline personality and they were in a well-paid position.. but just flawed beyond belief
Old 05-03-2022, 01:54 PM   #16
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just see some of the memes. The trial has given us “megapint” so there’s that. Depp winning the image battle for sure.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 01:58 PM   #17
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Depp is winning the image battle because he is absolutely owning her in court because he really did nothing wrong and she has 90% of the blame. She took the me too movement and tried to use it to destroy him.

I'm with Bill Burr...I'll give you like 90% but "believe women" was a pretty dumb statement.

Funny how his career was ruined, she continued with her roles as planned hopefully he gets back on track.
Old 05-03-2022, 02:02 PM   #18
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Easiest way to get caught up without hurting your brain.

Old 05-03-2022, 03:13 PM   #19
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have not followed it at all, but it seems I know a lot of people who are. And of those, many appear to have picked a side long before the trial began
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 03:46 PM   #20
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
I just see some of the memes. The trial has given us “megapint” so there’s that. Depp winning the image battle for sure.
I've followed a bit of it. I do feel sorry for the lawyer, he was given a, let's call it one sided, view of events. He's being bombarded with new conflicting evidence at trial.

The lawyer certainly doesn't do himself any favors though. He's constantly trying to pin Depp down by attributing acts of immorality to him. We all know that Depp loved wine. It was already reported that he had a $30k/month wine budget. Coming up with term like "Mega pint" just makes the lawyer look like a ######. Depp freely admits, and even brags, that he drinks a lot of wine....and also does party drugs.

Heard herself sounds like she regularly likes to party and use drugs. At best the lawyer is going to drag them both down into the mud, which isn't really what you want to be doing here.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote