Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-22-2018, 08:29 AM   #21
MrDJZak
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I might have some of my Ultra Sabers up for sale soon.

I'm consolidating down and I have a lot of "stunt" sabers just sitting here. No sound. Single colours. Great for practice and sparing.
MrDJZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:49 AM   #22
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I was thinking of buying some of these, not because I want to fight with them. But I have a few sword replica's in my home office. Not the outrageous looking movie type swords but replications of swords from history. The usual stuff.

It might be cool to have some light sabres, like Luke's and Vaders to just have as part of my collection because they look cool and are somewhat culturally significant.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 10:21 AM   #23
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

bumping an old thread here. My son's bday is coming up and he wants a lightsaber. He was looking at Allysabers. The price is decent, but the service seems shoddy based on what I read. Can anybody recommend a decent site that we could order from. Electrum in Calgary is too expensive, so I'm not going to go there.
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 04:20 PM   #24
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

This thread is way cooler than the knife enthusiast thread.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2022, 04:46 PM   #25
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post
When I was little I thought lightsabers were real and I wanted one. Then I grew up and found out they were made up. Sad.
Back in 1998ish Toys 'R' Us was selling lightsabres in the toy section. It was something like this.

I dreamed about having one for months and months. Finally scrounged up enough allowance money to buy one. Think it was like $60 back than, which is a ton for a kid. Took the bus to TRU after school one day and bought it.

The sabre part extended out like a cone. It lit up. Made cool sounds when you waved it around. Made the clash sound when you hit something with it. It was a fun toy.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2022, 07:13 PM   #26
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Back in 1998ish Toys 'R' Us was selling lightsabres in the toy section. It was something like this.

I dreamed about having one for months and months. Finally scrounged up enough allowance money to buy one. Think it was like $60 back than, which is a ton for a kid. Took the bus to TRU after school one day and bought it.

The sabre part extended out like a cone. It lit up. Made cool sounds when you waved it around. Made the clash sound when you hit something with it. It was a fun toy.
Haha, Surferguy and I had those for our Space Men Halloween costumes in 1998. They were the most expensive part, but no way we spent $60 on them. Probably not more than $10, and even that would have cut into the Pilsner budget pretty deep.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lightsaber , neeeeeerrrrddd!!! , star wars