Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-26-2016, 08:29 PM   #1
RoadGame
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default front fender painting for art project

Hello there,

I'm working on a bit of an unusual project and given the creative types who frequent this forum I was hoping to get a sense of whether this might appeal to anyone on a paid basis.

I have the right front fender of a classic muscle car that my dad once owned (same type, not a part of his old car) and I'd like to get it restored so he can mount it on the wall of his garage as a work of art. Christmas present.

The part is in relatively good condition (minimal rust around the edges) but needs a new coat of paint, specifically Ford Meadowlark Yellow. As the part won't go on a car it doesn't have to the industrial strength automotive paint, but the colour needs to match. I have the specs for the colour if purchased from the Dulux or Lucite ranges.

The paint would be one colour over the whole thing - no fancy designs or anything. I have a quote from a vinyl shop in town that could do the strips and decals appropriate to the part once painting is complete.

I'm assuming this would best be done with a beefy airbrush, so is there anyone who would be interested in preparing, painting and high-glossing a roughly 3-4 foot by ~2 foot front fender?

Please PM me if interested, with relevant details if possible (e.g. you airbrush things for pay on the side, your hobby aside from the Flames is autobody paint work, etc.) and I can share some photos. From there you can let me know what you would want for the job and I'll look at the quotes and make a call.
RoadGame is offline   Reply With Quote