Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2023, 10:17 AM   #521
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Its like a 'Bruce Wayne' situation.

"Just give him the sandwich Martha! I dont care if its double meat!!"

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 10:19 AM   #522
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Considering how rubbery they are these days they'd make decent impromptu nunchaku in a pinch...

If you're in real trouble you just upgrade to the 'Party Size' and you could clear the entire platform.

Its the Nuclear option.

This is why I always carry one of my dildos with me. In addition to stunning someone physically when I smack them upside the head (with a dodgeball-esque kabong) in self defense, the mental scars of being beat up with a phallus run deeper.
Old 02-03-2023, 10:24 AM   #523
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCboicgy View Post
This is why I always carry one of my dildos with me. In addition to stunning someone physically when I smack them upside the head (with a dodgeball-esque kabong) in self defense, the mental scars of being beat up with a phallus run deeper.
Of course, it's company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo. Always use the indefinite article a dildo, never your dildo.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2023, 10:54 AM   #524
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCboicgy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Of course, it's company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo. Always use the indefinite article a dildo, never your dildo.
I think he's owning this one.

The real questions abound concerning the state of sanitization of 'the' dildo. If he's got it ready for a quick-draw a la 'The Quick and the Dead' then thats probably alright....if he's fishing it out of a ziploc bag tho...

Thats the Thermo-Nuclear deterrent.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 02-03-2023, 01:18 PM   #525
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Quote:
I think he's owning this one.

The real questions abound concerning the state of sanitization of 'the' dildo. If he's got it ready for a quick-draw a la 'The Quick and the Dead' then thats probably alright....if he's fishing it out of a ziploc bag tho...

Thats the Thermo-Nuclear deterrent.

It's really the corn starch flying everywhere.
Old 02-03-2023, 01:24 PM   #526
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Canadian law dictates you can not carry any instruments with the intent of using them for self defence. I would assume this extends to dildos. So if a cop stops you or you are forced to engage, you'll need to have a solid cover story locked and loaded.

Traditional boxing would be the best method of self defence available against the homeless. While they are capable of great violence, they are ultimately a malnourished, uncoordinated lot with no real ability to resist a lightning fast 1-2 combination.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 02:36 PM   #527
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
Canadian law dictates you can not carry any instruments with the intent of using them for self defence. I would assume this extends to dildos. So if a cop stops you or you are forced to engage, you'll need to have a solid cover story locked and loaded.

Traditional boxing would be the best method of self defence available against the homeless. While they are capable of great violence, they are ultimately a malnourished, uncoordinated lot with no real ability to resist a lightning fast 1-2 combination.
I think he can swing that.

I'd imagine that 99.9% of the time they are not typically classified as run-of-the-mill instruments of self-defence...

Old 02-03-2023, 04:34 PM   #528
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post

Lol, just what I need. A physical confrontation isn’t something I’m at all interested in, but then something like that happens and you get to go to court for assault charges or aggravated assault? I can’t see anything positive coming from this kind of encounter.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2023, 06:02 PM   #529
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Lol, just what I need. A physical confrontation isn’t something I’m at all interested in, but then something like that happens and you get to go to court for assault charges or aggravated assault? I can’t see anything positive coming from this kind of encounter.
Yeah, engaging in back-alley fisticuffs with someone beyond the capacity to feel pain in some sort of Junkie WWE Combat is not exactly my idea of a good time.

Nor is facing the prospect of explaining it to a Judge.

"You see your honor, this is the moment where I thought attempting to subdue the individual with my tie was a relatively decent plan...and now here we are..."

Old 02-03-2023, 06:08 PM   #530
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, engaging in back-alley fisticuffs with someone beyond the capacity to feel pain in some sort of Junkie WWE Combat is not exactly my idea of a good time.

Nor is facing the prospect of explaining it to a Judge.

"You see your honor, this is the moment where I thought attempting to subdue the individual with my tie was a relatively decent plan...and now here we are..."
I got into a fight with a crackhead at work a few months ago and was curious about this. The TLDR I got from the cops afterward was that the crown isn't looking to prosecute anyone that defends themselves from someone under the influence like this, unless you yourself escalate the situation somehow. They generally understand who the instigator is in these situations

I can't confirm the effectiveness or legality of a dildo in that situation though.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2023, 02:07 PM   #531
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...tion-1.6733433
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 11:42 AM   #532
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Took my family by C-train to the Saddledome last night to see the Wranglers. I was taken aback by the amount of street people in the stations and on the train. Lots of drug use going on while we walked between them. I mean they had their own tent city upstairs in Anderson station. I don't want to sound like a Karen but I didn't expect that. We just moved back here so maybe I forgot how bad it always was?
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2023, 11:44 AM   #533
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
Took my family by C-train to the Saddledome last night to see the Wranglers. I was taken aback by the amount of street people in the stations and on the train. Lots of drug use going on while we walked between them. I mean they had their own tent city upstairs in Anderson station. I don't want to sound like a Karen but I didn't expect that. We just moved back here so maybe I forgot how bad it always was?
I've never seen tents set up in Anderson so that sounds new
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 11:50 AM   #534
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Actually, it wasn't tent city. Really, it was more than a dozen huddled on the floor upstairs with blankets draped over the group. Just brought the visual of a tent city to my mind.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 12:25 PM   #535
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

It's gotten way, way worse, not just you.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2023, 12:37 PM   #536
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
No it was never like that even ten years ago. They used to have pretty strict enforcement of anti loitering laws and would remove and fine anyone without a valid pass. When I was growing up and in my early twenties, I would get stopped frequently and asked for proof of fare.

Once again, I don't know what the correct solution is here and whether going back to strict enforcement can actually accomplish anything. But you can full on smoke crack in the open now and transit authority will let you be.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 12:44 PM   #537
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
…I don't want to sound like a Karen but I didn't expect that. We just moved back here so maybe I forgot how bad it always was?
Nothing ‘Karen’ about it. I can confidently say this City is much, much less desirable now than it was a decade ago. If it was even half of what is is now, there’s no way I would have moved here.

When my partner, who you can’t pay to get to say something bad about someone, who doesn’t have a malicious bone in her body, who’s travelled the world and pretty much isn’t phased by much of anything, when SHE remarks about how out of control and situation is and takes issue with the stuff she sees downtown now…there’s a problem.
Old 02-20-2023, 12:49 PM   #538
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
It's gotten way, way worse, not just you.
When I went to the Flames game a few weeks ago I was very surprised. I figured the influx of fans going to the game would have maybe deterred some of the more egregious behaviour....but nope.

Now the guys on the train who have been drinking since 4 and crushing Dome Heroin beers are the least of anyone's concerns when there are people doing actual heroin.

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2023, 12:53 PM   #539
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

You guys are talking about a decade ago, but regardless whether you think the problem is manageable or not, it’s taken a pretty extreme turn in just the last 3-4 years.

Even 5 years ago this didn’t seem like an issue at all.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2023, 01:09 PM   #540
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Probably covered in this thread already but im curious to know what factors went in to such an abrupt uptick

How are more people getting introduced to these hard drugs as opposed to before. Is it the availability of marijuana with its legalization is causing people to look at experimenting with harder drugs as pot (and its effects) are normalized?

Evidently much of this coincided with covid. Inflation and costs of living have probably put more into poverty where they are susceptible to ending up in these situations, but I think that's more of a gradual effect. What we're seeing appears rather accelerated.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote