Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2023, 01:44 PM   #121
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Didn't you say the Dorco kinda sucked and tore up your neck? Or was that a different one?
Nope, the Dorco 3-blade razor was what I used for years. The only reason I switched away was because they closed their online store and shifted to Amazon.com, making it stupid expensive to ship to Canada. The Supply razor was what tore my face up, would not recommend it unless you want a very aggressive shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I'm guessing if you contact Hemi, he might not be opposed to selling you the remainder of his sample pack and perhaps include a single feather blade for cheap. That way he doesn't have $20 of blades collecting dust, he can use what he gets from you for a 50-100 pack of blades he wants and you can save money on samplers and cancel the one you ordered since most of that sampler likely might end up collecting dust as well.
I just opened my sampler pack and I still intend to give all of the others a shot. If they're close enough to the Feather I might as well use them
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2023, 04:48 PM   #122
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Nope, the Dorco 3-blade razor was what I used for years. The only reason I switched away was because they closed their online store and shifted to Amazon.com, making it stupid expensive to ship to Canada. The Supply razor was what tore my face up, would not recommend it unless you want a very aggressive shave

I just opened my sampler pack and I still intend to give all of the others a shot. If they're close enough to the Feather I might as well use them
Ah fair enough, my bad.

The others will not be like the feather though. Feather is a bit unique in that it's super sharp and relatively flexible. The other blades would be stiffer... But that's not to say you would dislike the other blades either.

I swap between Feather ($40 for 100 on amazon) and Astra platinum ($16 for 100 on Amazon). For me, the feather is the closest shave, but it can get a bit raw on occasion. You might not notice it too much at first from the initial transition, but you might notice it more later on. I shave typically with only water and the feather works great for that. However, I've also noticed that the gap is bridged with stiffer blades if you use a soap or lather. If you want to experiment with a lather but don't want to spend a ton of money, spectro gel, cetaphil work or other face washes work great for this experiment/regular use. Spray can shaving foam is kinda meh.

For whoever was mentioning the cup for lathering, a thrift shop isn't a bad place to poke around as well.

Last edited by DoubleF; 02-08-2023 at 04:51 PM.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
razors , shaving