Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2022, 03:33 PM   #21
jonesy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Who is eating the loss on the half empty, fully empty CDN games? Is it the owners of the clubs? Last year there was provision to get it back via escrow. I assume since this is only a few CDN clubs, the owners will have to eat the loss. The losses could be substantial.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:46 PM   #22
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
Who is eating the loss on the half empty, fully empty CDN games? Is it the owners of the clubs? Last year there was provision to get it back via escrow. I assume since this is only a few CDN clubs, the owners will have to eat the loss. The losses could be substantial.
everyone, its HRR
Old 01-19-2022, 04:39 PM   #23
agubuan
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankai View Post
Wonderful! I can definitely get to Calgary for the rescheduled Kraken game!
Gio's 995th career game...the re-scheduling almost aligned with us getting him in Calgary for his silver stick ceremony.
agubuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 05:21 PM   #24
shadowlord
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone know where I can get a wallpaper of this?
shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 05:53 PM   #25
Blankcanvas
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
Apologies if this have been covered elsewhere before in other FOI threads, but how does 50% capacity work if the original game was sold to more than 50%? How do they decide who goes and who doesn't go?
I would assume the same policy will apply as the recent games i.e. will be random draw if insufficient season ticket holders volunteer to relinquish their tickets. Here are the full details for the St Louis game:

"Update Regarding Potential Relinquishment of Tickets for Home Games

The Government of Alberta has introduced restrictions which include limiting capacity to 50%, prohibiting food and beverage consumption in the seating areas or on the concourse, and the requirement of masks to be worn at all times when inside the venue.

In an effort to provide additional clarity to all Flames Season Ticket Members, here is an explanation of our process for hosting Flames games at the Scotiabank Saddledome.

Reducing to 50% capacity is a very disruptive and complicated process for all ticket holders, including Season Ticket Members, fans who have received ticket transfers, and those who have purchased resale tickets and we thank you for your patience and understanding.

As part of the plan to meet our 50% capacity limitation, we are offering the opportunity for a small number of Season Ticket Members to voluntarily raise their hands to potentially relinquish their tickets to a game, in exchange for a one game credit toward their 2022-23 renewal.

To qualify to receive the option to potentially relinquish your tickets you must have your entire allotment of tickets for that game active and available for you to manage in your account (My Flames Account).

You do not qualify to relinquish your tickets if you have already taken action on any portion of your seats and moved active ownership for that game to another individual as outlined below:
You have re-sold tickets on any platform or privately.
Your tickets have been transferred to another person to attend or manage. You may still qualify under this scenario if the tickets are unwound by having all the tickets transferred back to you the primary season ticket member which will once again make your tickets active for you to raise your hand or re-manage if you are not selected for relinquishment.
You are deemed a broker account or an account based on transaction history for the primary purpose of reselling your ticket holdings.
If you have taken action on any portion of your seats and moved active ownership for the game to another individual as part of any of these 3 scenarios, those tickets are valid for the game.

The situation is very fluid and we will address each game individually and provide communication in the days leading up to each affected game, your individual situation likely will change based on games so please check your account situation to determine if you qualify.

January 24 vs St. Louis Blues

Your tickets are currently valid for the January 24 game including tickets previously transferred, resold, or donated. If you would like to potentially relinquish your tickets for this game and you qualify based on the criteria outlined above, please click the link to fill out the form and express your interest by 5:00PM Thursday, January 20.

As it is unlikely that the number of tickets that will be volunteered for potential relinquishment will exactly equal the number of tickets that will be needed to meet the capacity limitations, the following process will be used:

If the number of fans willing to potentially relinquish their tickets exceeds the number of tickets needed to meet Provincial capacity limitations, then a random selection will be made from such volunteered tickets to meet the capacity limitations.
If the number of fans willing to potentially relinquish their tickets is less than the number of tickets needed to meet Provincial capacity limitations, then in addition to the tickets volunteered, a random selection of tickets that were not volunteered will take place to meet the capacity limitations.

On average, Season Ticket Members that qualify to relinquish their tickets can expect to be able to relinquish theirs for one out of every four games and receive a credit applied to the 2022-23 season. We thank you for your patience and support as we navigate the current challenges of hosting games."
Blankcanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blankcanvas For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2022, 06:51 PM   #26
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

I just received an email from Ticketmaster- apparently they are offering refunds to people who bought tickets off NHL ticket exchange for these rescheduled games. So the one game has been refunded to the buyer and will go back into my account.

Just a bit more of a bitter pill knowing that more of the burden is going back into STHs. Yeah- I get that done if the games may not be the ideal date and time that the buyer wanted. But this is just one more thing against the STHs.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2022, 08:12 PM   #27
Smartcar
Scoring Winger

Exp:

To be fair, many cancelled games were during the holidays. A lot of people may have been in town that don't live here and bought tickets they can't use on the rescheduled dates. I sold Seattle, Edmonton and the NYE game, I didn't get an email yet but fully expect the buyers will bail.
Smartcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 08:30 PM   #28
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^ It sounds like the only two games where buyers will automatically be refunded are Dec 27 (Oilers) and 31 (Jets), because they were subject to the 50% capacity limit.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 08:36 PM   #29
Bankai
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I purchased tickets on Black Friday from Ticketmaster for Dec 23 vs Kraken. Just received notice that refunds are possible if requested prior to Jan 26.

I will attend but good news for those that don't want to or can't.

Last edited by Bankai; 01-19-2022 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
Bankai is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bankai For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2022, 08:36 PM   #30
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
I just received an email from Ticketmaster- apparently they are offering refunds to people who bought tickets off NHL ticket exchange for these rescheduled games. So the one game has been refunded to the buyer and will go back into my account.

Just a bit more of a bitter pill knowing that more of the burden is going back into STHs. Yeah- I get that done if the games may not be the ideal date and time that the buyer wanted. But this is just one more thing against the STHs.
Seems reasonable, its a person who bought one ticket for a specific date vs. a person who committed to the entire season before the original schedule was even out
Old 01-19-2022, 08:39 PM   #31
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I bought tickets on fansfirst.ca wonder what will happen with that!
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 09:29 PM   #32
Smartcar
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I expect you will get a refund if you request it. This year they only pay out after the game happens unlike previous years. Best to contact them.
Smartcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 09:51 PM   #33
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ottawa has 15 games re-scheduled, including 10 games in 16 days during the 'Olympic break'; 15 games in March and 16 games in April. Crazy!!
The Kings have just 3 re-scheduled, with 12 days off in Feb
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 10:19 PM   #34
Demzy84
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I see I have the tickets back in my account tonight with all the rescheduled games but I’m missing my most important tickets of them all, the game vs Toronto on Feb 10.

Anyone else missing any games?
Demzy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 10:20 PM   #35
Demzy84
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
I bought tickets on fansfirst.ca wonder what will happen with that!
I bought 2 extra tickets for the Dec 23 Kraken game through fanfirst, and I see I have 4 tickets for that game. Seems they automatically transferred them to those who bought them.
Demzy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 06:24 AM   #36
Reggie28
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demzy84 View Post
I see I have the tickets back in my account tonight with all the rescheduled games but I’m missing my most important tickets of them all, the game vs Toronto on Feb 10.

Anyone else missing any games?
I’m missing the Toronto game as well.

I did transfer the Toronto game to a friend, but I also transferred the CBJ and Anaheim games and those two are back in my account.

Edit: Toronto game is back now as well.

Last edited by Reggie28; 01-20-2022 at 07:46 PM.
Reggie28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 10:47 AM   #37
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like the Leafs/Sens won't have increased capacity limits until Feb 21 when they can go to 50% and March 21 when they can go back to full capacity. That is definitely pretty ####ty for them unless they can lobby the government for some sort of special exemption.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 02:09 PM   #38
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just a heads up to Flames STH'ers -- if you had your tickets listed for sale, when they are put back into your account they are apparently still listed for sale.

I noticed it this morning when my tickets for the various games showed up in my account, save for the Leafs game.

Well, at some point today the Leafs game was also put into my account, and it sold before I could adjust the price or take it off for sale entirely. Kind of annoyed about that.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2022, 03:26 PM   #39
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
everyone, its HRR
Wrong. The house never loses.

The fans will eat that loss next year with a little extra tacked onto the annual increase to STHs and game day pricing.
Old 01-20-2022, 03:30 PM   #40
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Flatus View Post
Wrong. The house never loses.

The fans will eat that loss next year with a little extra tacked onto the annual increase to STHs and game day pricing.
Are you suggesting an NHL owner has never lost money...because that is wrong

players "lose" money in terms of the the cap and escrow

Prices go up, its called inflation and is at the highest level in 30 years