Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck Hockey League
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2020, 09:11 PM   #1
3thirty
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default Devils feel sick, trade for a Dach

Title isn't my best work, but a few drinks deep celebrating the Oilers loss lead to a quick deal with Cheese.

Devils send Kailer Yamamoto, Noel Gunler and the Stars 2021 1st to the Penguins for Kirby Dach.

We pay a steep price, but hope Dallas sees similar success this year and it is a late first.

Yamamoto had a good regular season, but was invisible in the play in round.

Gunler is a prospect that will be hit or miss. He could be drafted anywhere from 15-45 based on mock drafts

Dach has been a stud, and watching him dominate Yamamoto and the Oilers made me up the ante to get him. We think he will be a future elite #1 C and are happy to have him for his cheap 3 ELC years.
3thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 09:23 PM   #2
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

That’s a boning.

Dach should be a good one though so maybe it’s not so bad.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 10:57 PM   #3
simmer2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Expensive, but Dach has stepped up and looks to be the real deal.

Plus you shed Oiler filth which is addition by subtraction!

Cheese, good job adding usable assets now plus more chips to play with in futures.
simmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 04:39 AM   #4
Goffie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Happy to see a big trade go down! This one is a gamble for the Pens as I see Dach as being the most sure thing in the deal even with Yamo having huge success this year.

However if Yamo can turn it up again the deal will be pretty even. I predict that Cheese will flip most or these assets either before or during the season.

I think it is a good deal all around.

Goffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 07:34 AM   #5
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pens made an extremely difficult decision dealing Dach. From day 1 he Dach had been the most sought after player on the team.
I anticipated hanging on to him for a few years and really didn't consider dealing him.
Unfortunately, the team is in a bit of a cap bind and I wasnt able to complete my lineup through UFA so had to make a difficult decision. NJ came calling.
On the deal I got a good young winger in Yamamato who should continue to thrive on the Oilers, especially after they win the lottery again, the Dallas 1st which could be a lottery pick next year and Gunler who is a first round talent in the upcoming draft. I jumped at the deal which should help both teams in the near term and the future. As always, great dealing with NJ.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote