Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2017, 07:47 PM   #261
dieHARDflameZ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
They are barely getting any chances. Hardly a good game. Had a good first period though.
Please, they’re tied 1-1 after two periods and have in large part been the better team. That’s a solid road game by any teams standards.
dieHARDflameZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:47 PM   #262
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Were they on the powerpay?

Frankly it was a pretty lucky goal. But it evens out the good chances they had close in and didn't pot.

Look at where most goals on the PP come from and tell me GG is wrong. Everyone loves Stone's shot but he is almost always blocked or wide on the PP.
If he is right then all other NHL coaches are wrong. I will stick with what other coaches have been preaching for decades.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Red For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 07:48 PM   #263
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
People flat out making crap up to try and disparage Gulutzans systems, when those very systems could walk up to them, kick them in the junk, and they wouldn't have a clue what it was.

Truly amusing.
Clearly part of it is an aggressive forecheck.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:48 PM   #264
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They are barely getting any chances. Hardly a good game. Had a good first period though.
You realize the Wild have lost 3 home games this season and have an incredible GAA at home.

It's a strong road game, unlucky not to have a lead
Old 12-12-2017, 07:49 PM   #265
Kybb79
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
People flat out making crap up to try and disparage Gulutzans systems, when those very systems could walk up to them, kick them in the junk, and they wouldn't have a clue what it was.

Truly amusing.
Im curious what are his systems ?
Kybb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:49 PM   #266
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

excuse me russo
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:49 PM   #267
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If he is right then all other NHL coaches are wrong. I will stick with what other coaches have been preaching for decades.
Except that they aren't preaching it now. GG's comment is totally modern coaching conventional wisdom. And it's borne out by analysis of how goals are scored on the power play.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #268
flamesforcup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So i just joined and we are tied 1-1. Looking at this thread i thought we were down 5-1 or something before i checked the score. How is the team playing?
flamesforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flamesforcup For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 07:51 PM   #269
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Where is this 4th line on after goals = bad coaching garbage coming from?
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:52 PM   #270
PugnaciousIntern
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesforcup View Post
So i just joined and we are tied 1-1. Looking at this thread i thought we were down 5-1 or something before i checked the score. How is the team playing?
Quite well actually, all things considered
PugnaciousIntern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PugnaciousIntern For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 07:52 PM   #271
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Dominated the first, pretty even second. Might have been a bit outplayed in the 2nd due to a few penalties, but overall pretty solid. People are always going to complain about something.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 07:53 PM   #272
flamesforcup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugnaciousIntern View Post
Quite well actually, all things considered
Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Dominated the first, pretty even second. Might have been a bit outplayed in the 2nd due to a few penalties, but overall pretty solid. People are always going to complain about something.
Thank you
flamesforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:53 PM   #273
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sha-poo
mdubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:54 PM   #274
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Except that they aren't preaching it now. GG's comment is totally modern coaching conventional wisdom. And it's borne out by analysis of how goals are scored on the power play.
Disagree. Point shots create rebounds and generally confuse the D when they turn around. Hockey 101. Just because the actual goal is scored from down low doesn't take away how important point shots are.

Modern coaching my arse, would rather have a retro coach and a PP thats a threat.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Red For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 07:55 PM   #275
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That goal was caused by Gio who was inexplicably deep in the zone forechecking. But I thought the D didn't get involved under Glue Gun.
Quote:
Watch the game. Brodie, Hamilton and Gio have all gone deep. They are allowed to, myths aside.
Please show me a single post anywhere that has claimed the defensemen aren't allowed to join the play.

The problem that HAS been posited is that the D aren't joining ENOUGH. That does not mean never.

You have become one of the biggest, if not THE biggest apologists on the site. And defending the team is fine, but using absolutes, in an attempt to discredit comments that were never absolutes, is as pathetic as it gets.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 07:56 PM   #276
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Please show me a single post anywhere that has claimed the defensemen aren't allowed to join the play.

The problem that HAS been posited is that the D aren't joining ENOUGH. That does not mean never.

You have become one of the biggest, if not THE biggest apologists on the site. And defending the team is fine, but using absolutes, in an attempt to discredit comments that were never absolutes, is as pathetic as it gets.
I'm sorry if came off that way. But there are definitely posters who claim that GG doesn't let his defencemen join the play.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:56 PM   #277
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Imagine you're in MMA. You're the undisputed champ raining down punches with the poor sod in the blue corner doing all he can to make it to the bell with his consciousness intact, when all of a sudden bam! A inside leg kick, poorly timed on this little moron's part, has connected 20 pounds of shin with your gonads, protected only by a plastic cup.

You wobble around during the start of the second until you feel good about your future potential to have children again, and then start chasing the little guy around. All little guy wants to do is back off or circle away, however, and you end up barely missing while getting more frustrated. Then, to your amazement just as the 2nd round is about to end, the bugger circles the wrong way and catches a right hook right to the temple!

Wow! That was just a hail mary by then, but you'll take it and the shot clearly has the kid wobbled. Now the bell rings and all you have to do is not #### up hard, keep a cool head, and pick this little arrogant nut-assaulter until he's naught but a pile of bones and flesh.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:56 PM   #278
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Steam Whistle View Post
Where is this 4th line on after goals = bad coaching garbage coming from?
Idiots, probably.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:58 PM   #279
FeyWest
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Anyone see that "stick pick" I think Janko did skating through and impeding the attempted stick check by the Wild defender, trying to block the Flames' zone entry? That was pretty slick.
"As far as I'm concerned I take it one day at a time because if you look too far down the road that's when you get yourself in trouble. You've gotta enjoy the process and not be burdened by the outcome." - Jon Gillies
FeyWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:59 PM   #280
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

omg
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote