Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-17-2015, 11:43 PM   #21
Kobasew7
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

- Make your own ice rink. Ability to build your own "arena" would be awesome. The new 2k16 basketball game has it, don't know why NHL couldn't. Madden had this feature as well years ago, may still. At the least, allow teams to pick NHL or International ice surface. If put in properly, teams could build there arena as a outdoor pond with snow mounds instead of boards like the movie Mystery Alaska. Just different options to add more individuality in EASHL.

- Get rid of broken sticks. Companies spend millions of dollars trying to keep sticks from breaking so easily, why does the NHL video game need to add that? Just another way to take out skill and add in freak incidents happening to change outcomes.

- Speed up skating and the game. NHL 09 was so fast elite players destroyed everyone, NHL 10 slowed down the game but kept it fast enough it felt realistic for NHL players and skilled players could still win if they were the better player. This game feels authentic if I was considering it as me actually playing pond hockey. Slow turns, cuts and inaccurate passes make it feel more rec league then NHL.

- Multiple dressing rooms, at least 2 or the ability to play with more then 6 people (aka line changes)

- Line changes. Allow users to select different builds prior to game (or the same build across the board) but force them to make line changes. Have their overall start to drop significantly after say 45 seconds (real life not game seconds).

- More customizing of goalie equipment, especially mask.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:59 PM   #22
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobasew7 View Post
- Make your own ice rink. Ability to build your own "arena" would be awesome. The new 2k16 basketball game has it, don't know why NHL couldn't. Madden had this feature as well years ago, may still. At the least, allow teams to pick NHL or International ice surface. If put in properly, teams could build there arena as a outdoor pond with snow mounds instead of boards like the movie Mystery Alaska. Just different options to add more individuality in EASHL.

- Get rid of broken sticks. Companies spend millions of dollars trying to keep sticks from breaking so easily, why does the NHL video game need to add that? Just another way to take out skill and add in freak incidents happening to change outcomes.

- Speed up skating and the game. NHL 09 was so fast elite players destroyed everyone, NHL 10 slowed down the game but kept it fast enough it felt realistic for NHL players and skilled players could still win if they were the better player. This game feels authentic if I was considering it as me actually playing pond hockey. Slow turns, cuts and inaccurate passes make it feel more rec league then NHL.

- Multiple dressing rooms, at least 2 or the ability to play with more then 6 people (aka line changes)

- Line changes. Allow users to select different builds prior to game (or the same build across the board) but force them to make line changes. Have their overall start to drop significantly after say 45 seconds (real life not game seconds).

- More customizing of goalie equipment, especially mask.
Custom arena would have to be store on the server and loaded prior to each game, an additional 3-4 minutes of loading time before a game would drive the users mad. The same goes for custom masks, logos and jerseys. 2k uses server side emulation, EA won't dish the money into the Hockey Franchise to have its own servers so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't spring for the backbone that 2k has.

Sticks break, in the game sticks break. If they want an authentic game it must mimic real scenarios.

In NHL 10 you could skate the entire length of the ice in under 4 seconds. Not really Authenticity at its finest. I for one am super glad they slowed down the game to make it more realistic.

I agree with bringing back multiple dressing rooms, I loved that feature.

I think line changes would be a decent idea, multiple players might get frustrated waiting for another person to shift off but if the system worked where you had to shift off to restore some endurance that would be decent. What type of implementation would you suggest? This one has me interested.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:15 PM   #23
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

i have been advocating line changes since eashl started.

to me the solution is simple:
you get multiple copies of yourself that are the same at all skill levels. but you actually use up endurance. as a forward you would have 4 versions and a D would have 3 per the normal hockey setup.

it would not create teams larger than the current 6 players, would not leave players open to dealing with varying skill levels, but would bring in the line change element that is so critical to real hockey and totally left out of eashl.

to me its not about over complicating the situation with multiple builds or varying skill levels. its just about forcing players to conserve their energy, and forcing them to play smart and go change when they get the chance.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dobbles For This Useful Post: