Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-08-2021, 12:54 PM   #3061
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

The thing about the Texans is they are so ####ed with older guys, bad cap and horrible draft pick management that they'll probably be spending most of Trevor's rookie deal as a bottom half team, so the rookie contract value isn't really relevant. Deshaun is looking to bail for a reason, he sees how hard it's going to be for them to be contenders for the duration of his new deal.
Old 01-08-2021, 01:00 PM   #3062
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

The value for Jacksonville not Texas. Lol no Jacksonville wouldn’t even consider it.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 01:12 PM   #3063
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know, the Jags are garbage at developing QBs and Deshaun is ready made. I know Trevor is almost bust proof, but the Jags are one of the reasons it's "almost bust proof" and not "totally bust proof". They are one of the few teams who could ruin him.
Old 01-08-2021, 03:35 PM   #3064
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

both Matt Eberflus and Eric Bieniemy have reportedly turned down interviews with the Texans.

imagine how bad it is when potential HCs happily interview with the Jets and Chargers, but don't want to touch you with a 10 foot pole despite there being a young franchise quarterback in place. Damn.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 04:04 PM   #3065
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
both Matt Eberflus and Eric Bieniemy have reportedly turned down interviews with the Texans.

imagine how bad it is when potential HCs happily interview with the Jets and Chargers, but don't want to touch you with a 10 foot pole despite there being a young franchise quarterback in place. Damn.
How bad are they going to be if Watson is gone? Would you want to go there without knowing that?
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 04:15 PM   #3066
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

not necessarily, but outright rejecting interviews seems pretty crazy to me. And in terms of Watson, he's under contract until 2025. I know it's popular right now to imagine him in other uniforms, but I just can't see it happen at all.

McNair simply needs to end this mess und can Easterby.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 06:21 PM   #3067
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I get that Lawrence is a particularly good QB prospect, but he should be to be going as a clear #1... and frankly, there are plenty of guys on this list who were just as hyped up and who didn't have the career Watson is having.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...lp6gy73an0w/12

I'm not saying q trade makes sense, but "Houston would have to add six first rounders" seems more than a little silly.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 06:49 PM   #3068
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

There is enough talent in Houston to make the playoffs. The right coach gets them there IMO.

But the problems in the organization begin with the deceased former owner’s son who now calls the shots on behalf of his widow. Him saying he wants a sit down with Watson is the worth thing that could happen.

The Texans will be competitive once he takes a back seat. A QB like Watson gives you a chance to win, full stop.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:48 PM   #3069
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocoli View Post
With all of the Watson issues, would it be worth it for Jacksonville or NYJ to trade the pick for him? Would the Texans go that route or is that too steep for Jacksonville/NYJ to pay? Proven QB versus the unknow
Lawrence has the chance to be generational. Watson is elite but he's making big money and the Jags aren't set up to win now. I think the best move would be to stay the course and start the rebuild with Lawrence.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:38 PM   #3070
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m more and more inclined to wager on the football team. Brady is 1-6 in night games amongst other things.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:29 PM   #3071
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

10 years since Beastquake. Seattle had a decent lead in this game, but the Superbowl champs had scored I think 14 straight points or more and Seattle was going 3 and out for a few drives and the Saints were likely to take the lead in the next drove or so if Seattle punted the ball again two plays later.

I legit recalling before this play, and even after he broke the first couple tackles, that simply a first down would be great to gain a hint of momentum back and kill some time on the clock.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1209475168499830785
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:39 PM   #3072
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
There is enough talent in Houston to make the playoffs. The right coach gets them there IMO.

But the problems in the organization begin with the deceased former owner’s son who now calls the shots on behalf of his widow. Him saying he wants a sit down with Watson is the worth thing that could happen.

The Texans will be competitive once he takes a back seat. A QB like Watson gives you a chance to win, full stop.
I don't know about that. Watson played like a top 5-6 QB and they went 4-12. They got high end play from the position with the biggest impact on the game. To me that indicates a roster that has a lot of holes. So the players are easier to find...but you need a lot of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2021, 10:59 PM   #3073
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bills
Seahawks
Bucs
Titans
Saints
Steelers

I'm tempted to go Rams, but especially without Goff thats a tough call. I also think Washington will get to Brady early, but Bucs will start moving the ball better in the 2nd half and Washington's offence won't be able to keep up. The Ravens were tempting as they're red hot right now, but I won't overthink it.

I feel for the Browns, would love to see them make some noise. I see them in a close one on Sunday, but I just think the Steelers will pull it out in the end.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 05:13 PM   #3074
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Basing this pretty much on regression metrics and each team's individual schedule...

AFC East
Pats
Bills
Dolphins
Jets

AFC North
Ravens
Browns
Steelers
Bengals

AFC South
Colts
Titans
Texans
Jags

AFC West
Chiefs
Chargers
Broncos
Raiders

WC: Chargers, Browns, Titans

NFC East
Cowboys
Eagles
Giants
Football Team

NFC North
Lions
Vikings
Packers
Bears

NFC South
Bucs
Saints
Falcons
Panthers

NFC West
Niners
Cards
Rams
Hawks

WC: Eagles, Vikings, Saints

Super Bowl: Cowboys over Chiefs (barf)

1st overall pick: Jags
I'm quoting this so we can all roast me on how hilariously terrible these predictions were. At least I got the Jags right.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2021, 11:43 AM   #3075
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Unsurprisingly the Eagles were never close to dealing Wentz as their price is ridiculous.

Good effort though, leaking all that info hoping g Chicago wold bite ... they've done it before
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DropIt For This Useful Post:

Tags
covid xix