Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2022, 02:04 PM   #3121
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Taylor has no chance whatsoever with them missing the playoffs, Rodgers has it wrapped up. Fairly embarrassing to see Diggs got more votes than Ramsay, not a team in the league, including Dallas, would rather have Diggs than Ramsay.
Old 01-14-2022, 02:08 PM   #3122
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

well he was always going to make it based on the 11 picks. But I feel CB as a whole is a relatively weak position right now.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 03:08 PM   #3123
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Slay only getting one vote is ridiculous. Guy was excellent all year.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 07:05 PM   #3124
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Taylor has no chance whatsoever with them missing the playoffs, Rodgers has it wrapped up. Fairly embarrassing to see Diggs got more votes than Ramsay, not a team in the league, including Dallas, would rather have Diggs than Ramsay.
Ramsey was pretty underwhelming this year. He's also a hot head when it comes to unnecessary penalties. I think he's extremely overrated.
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 10:59 PM   #3125
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Roquan overlooked yet again
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 12:51 PM   #3126
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Sounds like Flores to the Bears?
Old 01-15-2022, 01:40 PM   #3127
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Surprised Lattimore only got one vote as well, he was a beast this year
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 02:13 PM   #3128
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Sounds like Flores to the Bears?
Im seeeing more Flores to Houston, but things change so fast.

Im hoping the Bears hire their GM before their coach, but who knows with Philips and McKaskey.
Some of the things coming out about Nagy and his general unprofessional demeanor gives me little hope for whats to happen next.

Aside from bio reading, im bot too familiar with most GM candidates, although Ireland, Rick Smith and dark horse candidate Brian Xanders.

After that let the GM pick his guy, i dont see Ted Phillips or George McKaskey making any sort of reasonable decision
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 03:22 PM   #3129
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cincy leaving TONS of points on the field.

That gonna come back to bite them.
Old 01-17-2022, 12:52 PM   #3130
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

What are the Raiders fans thoughts on Basaccia? He's only the interim coach and it's said they'll do a full search. I'm not sure if he ever had big aspirations to being a Head Coach before he was thrust into this role or not. It was a tough situation and I thought he acquitted himself quite well. I didn't see much to criticize about his game management, and to me at least, it seemed like the Raiders had fewer penalty's than past years. I can see why they might go for an established name, and sometimes a guy doing a good job relative to a bad situation doesn't translate to a full year of success.
Old 01-17-2022, 01:11 PM   #3131
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
What are the Raiders fans thoughts on Basaccia? He's only the interim coach and it's said they'll do a full search. I'm not sure if he ever had big aspirations to being a Head Coach before he was thrust into this role or not. It was a tough situation and I thought he acquitted himself quite well. I didn't see much to criticize about his game management, and to me at least, it seemed like the Raiders had fewer penalty's than past years. I can see why they might go for an established name, and sometimes a guy doing a good job relative to a bad situation doesn't translate to a full year of success.
The rumours on the Raiders message boards is that Harbaugh has been or will be offered the job and they are waiting on him. If that falls through then it's anyone's guess. The players clearly love Basaccia and he clearly has great leadership skills but the x & o's is kind of lacking as he's never been a head coach in any capacity. He would need top shelf coordinators. Bradley was decent this season (finally a season where the Raiders don't have the worst defense in the NFL!) so I have no issue if he remains but the offense was Jon Gruden's and Olson is not a good offensive coordinator. I imagine if Basaccia stays that Davis will at least expect him to hire a new OC and offensive line coach as Tom Cable is one of the all time worst offensive line coaches in the NFL.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 01-17-2022 at 01:14 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2022, 01:23 PM   #3132
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Joe Burrow should be the MVP, but he won’t be.
Old 01-17-2022, 03:21 PM   #3133
Dude Where's Makar?
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I feel like the MVP award should just be named "best QB" award.
What Derek Henry did last year was lights out over 2000 yards rushing with 17 TDs. Didn't get a sniff at the award.
What Kupp has done this year winning the triple crown for WR (catches, yards, TDs) is unreal and is rarely seen. Yet odd makers have Kupp at +2800.

What Rodgers and other QB's who have won the award is great, but these two examples show that they dominated their position like few in the history of the game have and led their team to division crowns.
Dude Where's Makar? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 03:43 PM   #3134
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well QBs are the most valuable players in the league, RBs the least valuable, so always will make far more sense to give it to a QB. Maybe create an MOP award too so there can be both a "best player" award, but the Titans would have to add three firsts with Henry to get Rodgers in a trade. Obviously not so much the other way around.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 01-17-2022 at 03:45 PM.
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 04:03 PM   #3135
Dude Where's Makar?
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Well QBs are the most valuable players in the league, RBs the least valuable, so always will make far more sense to give it to a QB. Maybe create an MOP award too so there can be both a "best player" award, but the Titans would have to add three firsts with Henry to get Rodgers in a trade. Obviously not so much the other way around.
The argument for MVP isn't "what position is the most valuable in football" it's what player, regardless of position, was the most valuable this year. Obviously very subjective.

I agree, typically, the QB is the most valuable position. But the award doesn't go to the player with the highest trade value (Silly example with Rodgers and Henry). What Kupp did for the Rams this season hasn't been seen in ages. Period. He "should" be a strong candidate for MVP, but isn't.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:10 PM   #3136
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1483214700246487041

Harbaugh coming in?
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2022, 04:40 PM   #3137
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude Where's Makar? View Post
The argument for MVP isn't "what position is the most valuable in football" it's what player, regardless of position, was the most valuable this year. Obviously very subjective.

I agree, typically, the QB is the most valuable position. But the award doesn't go to the player with the highest trade value (Silly example with Rodgers and Henry). What Kupp did for the Rams this season hasn't been seen in ages. Period. He "should" be a strong candidate for MVP, but isn't.
But we saw one game with the Packers without Rodgers, and Love didn't look like he could make most of the throws an NFL QB needs to make. Small sample size, sure, but the Packers absolutely are not a playoff team without Rodgers, let alone the SB favorites. I've already made an argument for Kupp for MVP so I'm fine with that, although my argument was "if you don't want to give it to Rodgers". But it's still pretty hard to argue he's more valuable than Rodgers or Brady.

But positional value is key isn't it? The Titans lost the best RB in the league for half the season and still got the #1 overall seed in the AFC. If the Chiefs, Bucs, Bills or Packers lost Mahomes, Brady, Allen, or Rodgers, for half the season they'd be in mock draft mode right now. Instead they are representing the top four betting favorites for the Super Bowl.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:55 PM   #3138
Dude Where's Makar?
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
But we saw one game with the Packers without Rodgers, and Love didn't look like he could make most of the throws an NFL QB needs to make. Small sample size, sure, but the Packers absolutely are not a playoff team without Rodgers, let alone the SB favorites. I've already made an argument for Kupp for MVP so I'm fine with that, although my argument was "if you don't want to give it to Rodgers". But it's still pretty hard to argue he's more valuable than Rodgers or Brady.

But positional value is key isn't it? The Titans lost the best RB in the league for half the season and still got the #1 overall seed in the AFC. If the Chiefs, Bucs, Bills or Packers lost Mahomes, Brady, Allen, or Rodgers, for half the season they'd be in mock draft mode right now. Instead they are representing the top four betting favorites for the Super Bowl.
That's actually a great argument and I didn't think of it that way.
I guess you could argue that if Kupp went down with injury, the Rams could still have sneaked into the playoffs.

Good food for thought!
Old 01-17-2022, 05:02 PM   #3139
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kupp is more interesting because Stafford has barely been better than Goff, yet Kupp still produced insanely good numbers. He clearly became much better and more valuable this year. I'd love it if he won personally (bias alert: he won me fantasy this year), and I think his argument is far more compelling than Taylor's. Taylor's is essentially Carson Wentz sucks, but when Wentz really sucked Taylor rarely bailed him out, and really he needed Wentz to play at or above replacement level to have good games.
Old 01-17-2022, 05:43 PM   #3140
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Maybe. The Raiders have requested an interview with Colts AGM Ed Dodds who just happens to have a history with Harbaugh. This firing is not really surprising as Gruden/Mayock badly mishandled early round draft picks. I expect Basaccia will not get the head coach job because as I said in my other post there are too many coaches on the team that needed to be replaced such as Cable and Olson. I suppose it's possible he stays on as special teams coach if the new coach is okay with it and Basaccia wants to stay.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 01-17-2022 at 05:47 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote