Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2021, 05:32 PM   #5321
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Kessel or Tarasenko would be pale consolation prizes, but they'd help ensure our finishing doesn't fall off too much when guys cool off.
Taresenko would be tied for 2nd on the Flames for points this year, I think if he stayed healthy he would be a fine addition to the team.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 03:22 PM   #5322
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Assuming Eichel doesn’t happen, can the run-Monahan-out-of-town crew get behind a trade to dallas? They’ve started rough and could be looking for a shake up.

Monahan for Seguin+pick or retention

Seguin missed all last year and probably isn’t the same guy he used to be. It gets Calgary the elusive right handed center that everyone seems to want, but the Flames get a little older and more expensive depending on trade structure.
Old 10-30-2021, 03:26 PM   #5323
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I was secretly hoping we would snag Tarasenko in the offseason while his stock was low.

The eichel stalemate absolutely held up a lot of other things that could've happened.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2021, 03:56 PM   #5324
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can you imagine hoe much better this team would be if the off season rumor of Tkachuk for Tarasenko, Kyrou, and Perunovich had happened? Wow.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 03:58 PM   #5325
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny_McDonald View Post
Can you imagine hoe much better this team would be if the off season rumor of Tkachuk for Tarasenko, Kyrou, and Perunovich had happened? Wow.
I love Tkachuk, truly.

But I don't feel bad in saying I would have made that move.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2021, 03:59 PM   #5326
flamesgod
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I love Tkachuk, truly.

But I don't feel bad in saying I would have made that move.
Me too, and I wanted them to this past summer.
flamesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 04:01 PM   #5327
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesgod View Post
Me too, and I wanted them to this past summer.
FR..we would be so much better off than shelling 9MM going forward to a 60-70 point Tkachuk.
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2021, 04:06 PM   #5328
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I was secretly hoping we would snag Tarasenko in the offseason while his stock was low.

The eichel stalemate absolutely held up a lot of other things that could've happened.

I know it's so irritating. So many people think because an elite player gets an injury or has a down year that he's finished. Seattle could have had him for free lol. Flames should have snagged him somehow, the price couldn't have been very high.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 04:39 PM   #5329
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting, considering all the #### and abuse I took saying that would have been a good mover for the Flames. Depth is important, and that would have added depth to multiple positions through the lineup, and only cost us Tkachuk - a problem child.
Old 10-30-2021, 04:45 PM   #5330
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Interesting, considering all the #### and abuse I took saying that would have been a good mover for the Flames. Depth is important, and that would have added depth to multiple positions through the lineup, and only cost us Tkachuk - a problem child.

A problem child? Based on what?

What’s easier to acquire? Elite talent or depth?

Quantity for quality trades usually work out best for whoever is getting the quality.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 04:53 PM   #5331
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
A problem child? Based on what?
Based on whining and crying about having puck flipped at him then checking out on is team last season. A punk move by a punk player.

Quote:
What’s easier to acquire? Elite talent or depth?
Perceived "elite" talent? Because Tkachuk ain't elite. One good season does not make him elite. He's slow afoot, undisciplined, and doesn't play a structured team game. The only thing he's elite at is trying to make cutesy plays between his legs which result in turnovers. Elite. Name something other than #### disturbing he's elite at.

Quote:
Quantity for quality trades usually work out best for whoever is getting the quality.
Sure. Tell that to Quebec/Colorado. Set their team up for a decade of domination. You make a deal that fills gaps, you're always going to do well.
Old 10-30-2021, 04:56 PM   #5332
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Sure. Tell that to Quebec/Colorado. Set their team up for a decade of domination. You make a deal that fills gaps, you're always going to do well.
Lindros trade? Quebec got the quantity AND the quality. They got the best player in the deal, plus a third of a team to play with him. That very rarely happens.
Old 10-30-2021, 04:58 PM   #5333
rogermexico
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I think you were right - but there was an element of risk there. Tarasenko is a difference-maker and if we could have turned a single player with looming contract difficulties into him and more organizational depth - amazing. But if he hadn’t rebounded from the injury then we’d have taken on a whole different problem.
rogermexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 05:00 PM   #5334
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default 2021/2022 Trade Speculation and Rumours

Quote:
Based on whining and crying about having puck flipped at him then checking out on is team last season. A punk move by a punk player.

Perceived "elite" talent? Because Tkachuk ain't elite. One good season does not make him elite. He's slow afoot, undisciplined, and doesn't play a structured team game. The only thing he's elite at is trying to make cutesy plays between his legs which result in turnovers. Elite. Name something other than #### disturbing he's elite at.

The latest example you can find is 26 years ago?

The puck flipping incident? How can you speak in absolutes about something when you have no idea what happened behind closed doors or what was said?

I can rattle of a bunch of numbers that show that Tkachuk is elite and has been basically since he entered into the league as an 18 year old, but it sounds like no matter what you have your mind made up.

A punk who quit on his team? Really? Come on, he still generates chances at a better rate than anybody not named Johnny.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 05:01 PM   #5335
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

Some more recent trades where the team getting ‘quantity’ did better than the team getting ‘quality’ are the Max Pacioretty trade and the Erik Karlsson trade.
mikephoen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 05:14 PM   #5336
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
I know it's so irritating. So many people think because an elite player gets an injury or has a down year that he's finished. Seattle could have had him for free lol. Flames should have snagged him somehow, the price couldn't have been very high.
The fact Seattle didn’t take Tarasenko was one of the worst moves I have ever seen in the NHL. An absolute no brainer. I was blown away they didn’t take him.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2021, 05:31 PM   #5337
Fan69
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
The fact Seattle didn’t take Tarasenko was one of the worst moves I have ever seen in the NHL. An absolute no brainer. I was blown away they didn’t take him.
Trust the process!
Fan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 05:34 PM   #5338
wired
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
FR..we would be so much better off than shelling 9MM going forward to a 60-70 point Tkachuk.
At this point, Tkachuk wont be even close to 40 points this season.
wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 05:36 PM   #5339
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
4 points in 7 games isn't close to a 40-point pace?

Math is hard, I guess.
Old 10-30-2021, 05:42 PM   #5340
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
He's literally on pace for 47 points right now.
Hockey-and_stuff is offline   Reply With Quote