Old 10-17-2014, 08:53 AM   #61
hummdeedoo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Top Ranked Wings in Calgary:

http://wingsnbeer.com/calgary/top-rated

I went to mugshotz once - wings were good but wasn't really blown away.

Beer selection is horrible - no beer on tap and the the bottled choices were extremely limited.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:59 AM   #62
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Reading the reviews on BWW - it is a family restaurant. That may add or subtract from your enjoyment, depending how you feel about screaming rugrats.

FATS has gone downhill. Management let go some long time waitresses. They covered up the once open roof, and now it is super noisy in there when it is busy. They are planning to change the name and the menu.

Last edited by troutman; 10-17-2014 at 09:03 AM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:21 PM   #63
Iggy Snipe
Powerplay Quarterback

Location: Pengrowth Saddledome, Section 222, Row 23, Seat 14/15
Exp:

Local on Stephen Ave is the best. That place was epic during the Olympics. Could only imagine a Flames playoff run.
Iggy Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:32 PM   #64
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

sorry to necro an old thread but I'm wondering what peoples' thoughts are on a sports bar with great, big screens and good viewing angles that don't require twisting your neck all night? Lady friend wants to go to the bar to watch the Raptors game tomorrow and I generally hate watching games at bars compared to my home theater so I want to best compromise.

I've been to Shark Club NE before and it's alright, but I get a bit anal retentive about multi monitor sets faking a big screen and IIRC that's what SC had.

I haven't been to Schanks NW since well before the renovations but I remember their projectors being pretty dim and low res which was a bit annoying.

Any suggestions?

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:36 PM   #65
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
sorry to necro an old thread but I'm wondering what peoples' thoughts are on a sports bar with great, big screens and good viewing angles that don't require twisting your neck all night? Lady friend wants to go to the bar to watch the Raptors game tomorrow and I generally hate watching games at bars compared to my home theater so I want to best compromise.

I've been to Shark Club NE before and it's alright, but I get a bit anal retentive about multi monitor sets faking a big screen and IIRC that's what SC had.

I haven't been to Schanks NW since well before the renovations but I remember their projectors being pretty dim and low res which was a bit annoying.

Any suggestions?

Home and Away
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CMPunk For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2019, 02:19 PM   #66
Phaneufenstein
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I like the Canadian Brewhouse. Multiple locations and tons of TVs.
Probably won't come close to your home theater viewing experience but the food and service is decent.
Phaneufenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phaneufenstein For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2019, 04:41 PM   #67
ST20
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Unicorn (the sports bar upstairs) on Stephen Ave is pretty good but Home and Away is probably the best sports bar in Calgary for basketball as it caters to basketball fans more than most bars that I have been to. Unicorn gives you a dirty look if you ask for basketball when Hockey is on (good thing it won't be tomorrow).
ST20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #68
Shin Pad
First Line Centre

Exp:

Technically not in Calgary, but this bar in my basement is my favorite sports bar. It was a winter project a few years ago.
Shin Pad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shin Pad For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2019, 06:39 PM   #69
Yrebmi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST20 View Post
Unicorn (the sports bar upstairs) on Stephen Ave is pretty good but Home and Away is probably the best sports bar in Calgary for basketball as it caters to basketball fans more than most bars that I have been to. Unicorn gives you a dirty look if you ask for basketball when Hockey is on (good thing it won't be tomorrow).
Good on them. Never been there but I like Unicorn better for that.
Yrebmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:53 PM   #70
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post

Any suggestions?
If you are in the NW my buddy said both kilkenny and Jamison’s were hopping pretty good and they had a good time watching the games.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:04 PM   #71
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

At Craft, although not really a sports bar, has been packed during NBA finals. First time since it’s opened it has had sound on for any basketball.

Was weird, at first, to listen to basketball at a bar. It’s pretty cool to see the country get behind the Raptors. Reminds me of the Jays back in the 90s.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to csnarpy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2019, 12:40 PM   #72
goodyear
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Side street in Kensington doesn't have the biggest TVs but the food is reasonably priced and good atmosphere. Esp for NFL and during the playoffs

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
goodyear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to goodyear For This Useful Post: