Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2021, 12:46 PM   #561
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Maybe they did.

Picard was right in burying the body right away. Even a two day old corpse has horrible stench and bloating.
The last thing Kirk needed in those last few movies was more bloating.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2021, 03:00 PM   #562
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
or that time when they made the most junior officer on the ship 2nd in command (in what is supposedly a fully functioning pseudo military organization) because Girl Power and she listens the best? Or something??

I'm expecting Burnham will save Kirk from death on Soren's planet and return him to the nexus in this upcoming season for the ultimate final f you to og trek fans.

This is what made me think is awesome.

They make Tilley the second in Command with no experience and never having completed her command course, because gosh shucks everyone likes her. Not on merit, not because she's shown competance or initiative. But because she's popular with the crew (Wrong reason by the way to make someone a Executive Officer) and she yells inappropriate things.

Then and it gets better. When a crisis errupts she not only bongles it but stupidly. They go into a situation with limited air. They literally talk about how they might not survive. Then Tilley calls a meeting, and rambles on for like 5 minutes praising everyone and telling them she loves them. And sure enough they pretty much run out of air.

Then, and I love this, the key moment where she can take the initiative, show some strength of character, show that she deserves that promotion, she goes, "Here Michael, you take it". Then to really stack on it, the enemy is blasting away, and Michael calls another literally 5 minute staff meeting to tell them how important they are and how much she loves them.

Like ludicris doesn't even begin to describe how awful and terrible their understanding of female empowerment like I said, it feels like they used the buzz words without understanding it to draw in viewers, and then made Tilley, and furniture one the helms person, and the navigators characitures of equality and female empowerment. They literally needed Peter Griffin in these meetings going "Hey can I maybe talk to the man in charge or something, and can you get me a sandwich on your own" to complete the gag.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 05:54 PM   #563
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well now that we’ve blown up the Picard thread by Burnham chatter should we go after the Shatnerverse?
Old 06-24-2021, 09:48 AM   #564
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shatner's star trek novels were better written than current trek lol.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:59 AM   #565
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:

Actually I really did like his mirror universe books, his portrayal of the Next Generation Mirror counterparts was a lot of fun. Seeing a Picard that was a sniveling whining survivalist brutal enforcer with a ponytail was a lot of fun. Plus we found out that after Spock tried to reform the Mirror Universe Kirk pretty much went nutbar and had a picture on his desk of the execution of his former crew.

Wasn't a big fan of his V'ger was built by the original Borg though.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2021, 10:07 AM   #566
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
A lot of the novels are way better than anything they've belched out in theatres and TV.

They should just start adapting the novels.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:12 PM   #567
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I liked how the shatnerverse kicked back at kirk’s death in st: generations. There’s life in that old body yet!
Old 06-30-2021, 10:09 PM   #568
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah they had that weird I survived and came back from the dead convention in one book with Kirk and The Captain played by what's his name from Frasier as the key note speakers. Then Kirk once again having to be the center of attention gets kidnapped.