Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2021, 08:56 PM   #4201
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nufy View Post
have you replaced the thermocouple ?
You have to change the chime fluid first.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 08:30 AM   #4202
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nufy View Post
have you replaced the thermocouple ?
have you tried the flux capacitor?
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 09:04 AM   #4203
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Make sure to always lube the Johnson rod too.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2021, 09:41 AM   #4204
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
I just tried messing around with the app settings. One of the settings is 'chime duration' for an electronic chime. I don't have an electronic chime but thought I'd try anyway. I rang it once with that setting on and both the outdoor and indoor chime worked. Then I turned that setting off, and same thing - it rings indoors and outdoors. I don't know how to get it to only ring indoors lol.

I dont think it's the transformer now as I dont think I would get any sound at all if it was, but if I need one I'll pick up the one linked above.
All I have to contribute is to say on behalf of our neighbors I hope you get this sorted out. The guy across the street and two houses up from us and has the outdoor chime on. Drives us absolutely nuts, especially in the summer when we are outside or have the windows open and there is a steady chiming from their stupid doorbell.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 01:39 PM   #4205
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Update - I finally swapped out the transformer and the doorbell now rings correctly (inside only). Thanks to everyone for your help

I guess the issue was my old transformer (16V) wasnt enough so I got a 24V one and now its all good
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 01:50 PM   #4206
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

They don’t call me the #doorbellwhisperer for nothing.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2021, 02:16 PM   #4207
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had no idea that Moen had such a good warranty. Walked into Home Depot with my old cartridge and they just gave me a new one.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2021, 02:20 PM   #4208
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I had no idea that Moen had such a good warranty. Walked into Home Depot with my old cartridge and they just gave me a new one.
I've had them mail me stuff before, I didn't know you could also warranty directly at stores...Did you have to go to customer service?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 02:47 PM   #4209
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I've had them mail me stuff before, I didn't know you could also warranty directly at stores...Did you have to go to customer service?

No, I just went to one of the guys working in the aisles and showed him the cartridge, and he said “oh, that’s Moen, I’ll grab you a new one from the warranty bin”. They were out so he took one of the shelf and wrote “warranty” on it and told me to just show the cashier and that was it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2021, 04:51 PM   #4210
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Actually I should add that it was one of those times when I was helplessly looking for the right one and my wife finally made me ask for help. One of those times when the employees are actually really helpful.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2021, 12:11 PM   #4211
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have to get a modified bathroom shower installed on the main floor (walkout bungalow), but it has to be a curbless, doorless shower (basically wheelchair ready, wth a half-glass wall). I've had three contractors come over, two said "nope cant do it" but one proposed little ramps which would be ugly; the other just gave me a quote for one with a curb anyway; and the third said it's doable but quoted $35k for the bathroom. Incidentally, the other two hovered around $10k (just the shower/faucet/glass/rest of the bathroom tiled to match - for all three)

We're pretty certain it's possible, because my neighbour has the exact same house and put one in the same bathroom. The existing 5x7 tub is sunk into the floor ~4-5 inches

Does anybody have a namefor someone who specializes in curbless showers? I need three quotes but essentially still only have one
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 01:00 PM   #4212
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Moen cartridges are such crap that you'll be there once every few years getting another cartridge though. I've had to replace my bathtub cartridge twice in the last ten years, after it started leaking out the front of the valve body and ruined a bunch of drywall below.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 02:22 PM   #4213
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Tell me about thermostats.

I really should replace two in the basement, they're as old as the hills.

I don't need anything fancy, really something to ensure the basement stays at a minimum temperature like 12° or something.

The $15 Honeywell specials from any of the hardware stores work fine, or is something better than the other?

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 03:02 PM   #4214
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
Tell me about thermostats.

I really should replace two in the basement, they're as old as the hills.

I don't need anything fancy, really something to ensure the basement stays at a minimum temperature like 12° or something.

The $15 Honeywell specials from any of the hardware stores work fine, or is something better than the other?
If you don't require it to adjust the temperature automatically, then a cheap set-it-and-forget-it thermostat is just fine.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2021, 06:29 PM   #4215
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Can anyone recommend an electrician to help with a small job in my basement? I previously used RicoSuave's guy but he does not seem to be in business anymore. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2021, 06:35 PM   #4216
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2 View Post
Can anyone recommend an electrician to help with a small job in my basement? I previously used RicoSuave's guy but he does not seem to be in business anymore. Thanks.
Bold electric depending on where you live. They did really good work for us and Brent is an awesome guy. You're going to pay going rates no matter who you hire.

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk
keratosis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to keratosis For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2021, 01:22 PM   #4217
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

My living room wall has 4 switches, 3 in a row below and a single switch above. The top switch turns the fireplace on and off, and the right-most of the 3 switches handles the lights. I'm assuming one of the other 2 switches is for a furnace fan that isn't installed, but I have no idea what the last switch is supposed to control. Is there anyway I could figure that out without hiring an electrician?
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 01:26 PM   #4218
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Could it be one of the plugs in one of the outlets? I had a house where the lower plug on one of the outlets was on a switch for a lamp (presumably).
Old 11-02-2021, 01:28 PM   #4219
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
My living room wall has 4 switches, 3 in a row below and a single switch above. The top switch turns the fireplace on and off, and the right-most of the 3 switches handles the lights. I'm assuming one of the other 2 switches is for a furnace fan that isn't installed, but I have no idea what the last switch is supposed to control. Is there anyway I could figure that out without hiring an electrician?
You could pull the cover plate and LOOK ONLY to see if it even has wires connected. I opened one of mine to find it was just a dummy switch. If you can't see, you'd definitely want a non-contact voltage tester and turn off breakers. Make sure every single switch is not live(they could be on different breakers) before pulling them out to see of they are connected.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 01:29 PM   #4220
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Could it be one of the plugs in one of the outlets? I had a house where the lower plug on one of the outlets was on a switch for a lamp (presumably).
Nope, with it off all the outlets in the living room are still active
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote