Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2022, 03:20 PM   #2061
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
If you have any brains at all you should realize that dogs act very very differently alone than in pairs or more, you should really never have more than one dog if you have kids almost regardless of breed, personally I would never have a pitbull, they are not only capable and bred to be able to kill a child easily but they are also dumber than a fence post as a breed, they were bred to be violent and stupid as a smart dog doesnt want to get torn to shreds in a pit by another dog
I’m not typically a breed ban guy, and have a GSD, but this is very true. Some of them can live a lifetime without harming anyone, but the consequences of one’s that “snap” are horrific.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 04:10 PM   #2062
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Looks like the dogs were raised well with all precautions taken. The issue is it's just a dangerous breed. They have been bred to fight and kill. You can train them all you want, but there's always a chance their genetics take over. And yes dogs do inherit behavioral tendencies, dispositions, and moods.

For example, if you own a dachshund they may dig holes in your yard... Which is annoying. No matter how much you train them, they may do that. A pitbull, on the other hand, may just murder some people.

The other issue is that when pitbulls do snap, they are very difficult to stop.

Sterilizing pitbull type dogs is the solution. We no longer need dogs bred to fight for sport, as dog fighting is illegal.
Exactly.
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 04:54 PM   #2063
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
Yay, more Pitbull attacks. This time, dead kids. Pitbulls are half the problem, Pitbull owners the other half. It may be cold, considering what they went through, but the parents should be charged.
The mother looks like someone who put a great deal of effort into her looks. Now she's covered in horrible scars. I doubt there's much more a prison sentence will do to these people. All because they refused to admit that pitbulls were dangerous. Like people who refuse to admit vaccines work or that the earth is round.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 06:01 PM   #2064
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Maybe it's just me but that dog doesn't look like he loves to be hugged
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2022, 06:21 PM   #2065
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Poor kids. So tragic they had such terrible parents.

Like how horrible is it to die by getting mauled to death? Just like that poor lady in the NW.
Old 10-09-2022, 06:34 PM   #2066
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

the insufferable cult of pitbulls and their fanatical defenders are really beyond tolerance. "they were used as nanny dogs!" no they weren't, your favourite dog breed is a murdering fight dog that should not be legal, you sick person.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 07:21 PM   #2067
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

All dog breeds are fake - no one should be entitled to a pitbull. And all breeders should be encouraged to selectively breed all dog breeds to be smaller, friendlier, and healthier.

Whether it's pitbulls who might snap, or english bull dogs who live to be 3 on average, most modern dog "breeds" have issues that perpetuate because of the way people breed "purebreds": even the term itself is hogwash, as all dog breeds looked and behaved completely different a hundred years ago (or didn't even exist).
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 01:08 PM   #2068
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
the insufferable cult of pitbulls and their fanatical defenders are really beyond tolerance. "they were used as nanny dogs!" no they weren't, your favourite dog breed is a murdering fight dog that should not be legal, you sick person.
You mean dog a named after pit fighting and bull baiting wasn't actually bred as a nanny dog? What's next, you're going to tell me that a German Shepherd is better suited for a rural environment where it can actually herd large animals?
Old 10-11-2022, 01:21 PM   #2069
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dogo Argentinos are gaining in popularity and could probably give Pit Bulls a run for their money on how dangerous they can be. They are another breed that was made to be a killing machine. They were used for hunting large game. Not just tracking, but actually taking down large animals. There are videos online of them taking down wild boars and even a mountain lion. I had no idea what they were other than they look really imposing, and now I see them in the city frequently.

I Googled them to find a picture, and this was the first story that came up. An attack just yesterday.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/80-...n-victorville/

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 10-11-2022 at 01:46 PM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesAddiction For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2022, 01:22 PM   #2070
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pitbulls attract idiot owners because only an idiot would buy that breed.

I don't care if it's fair or not, if you own a pitbull I automatically assume you're a moron.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2022, 01:23 PM   #2071
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

That thing reminds me of the Terror Dogs from Ghostbusters. Yeesh.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2022, 01:49 PM   #2072
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Pitbulls attract idiot owners because only an idiot would buy that breed.

I don't care if it's fair or not, if you own a pitbull I automatically assume you're a moron.
The True Religion jeans, TAP Out shirt or Ed Hardy shirt, and white Oakley's give it all away

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 03:23 PM   #2073
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

I"m surprised there wasn't 100s roaming the parliament building during the Freedumb Convoy.
Old 10-11-2022, 09:46 PM   #2074
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

No criminal charges in death of senior.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...gary-1.6613182
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 10:44 PM   #2075
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post

Sucks but I get it, they explain why they can't actually charge them criminally.

I wouldn't mind seeing such laws get created though.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2022, 06:56 AM   #2076
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's really unfortunate that a person lost their life because of this but it appears the only thing they did wrong was own dogs of a certain bread which is not against the law. I'm not sure what the solution is here as there seems to be a lot of red tape when it comes to banning breads. I don't know how many people and pets need to be killed or injured before decision makers realize that enough is enough. Maybe when a victim is someone of importance this will finally get taken more seriously.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 07:50 AM   #2077
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
It's really unfortunate that a person lost their life because of this but it appears the only thing they did wrong was own dogs of a certain bread which is not against the law. I'm not sure what the solution is here as there seems to be a lot of red tape when it comes to banning breads. I don't know how many people and pets need to be killed or injured before decision makers realize that enough is enough. Maybe when a victim is someone of importance this will finally get taken more seriously.
I can think of a solution...

We ban types of exotic pets, why is a dog breed any different? I don't care if the list is "too strict". Play it safe, there is no drawback here. Nope, not even that.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 08:42 AM   #2078
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I hope they get sued civilly though. At least if there is some financial ruin that comes with having a pack of killer dogs it can dissuade people (and maybe insurance companies) from owning them eventually.
Ryan Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryan Coke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2022, 08:54 AM   #2079
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I can think of a solution...

We ban types of exotic pets, why is a dog breed any different? I don't care if the list is "too strict". Play it safe, there is no drawback here. Nope, not even that.
Like I said before it sounds simple but there seems to be red tape with stuff like this. We can make efforts to ban guns but don't touch our exotic pets!
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 10:22 AM   #2080
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post

Uggh...and they only surrendered one dog? A dog actually killing a human being isn't enough to have them euthanized?

Tags
dog attack puppy barking