Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-07-2021, 11:21 AM   #4501
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Well if you do the Xbox Live Gold convert method, you can get 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate for half the price of regular Game Pass
Going to be doing that today - buying 36 months of Live Gold, and will do the $1 upgrade
I_H8_Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_H8_Crawford For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2021, 08:59 PM   #4502
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I read that the PC version of NieR:Automata on Game Pass is much better than the Steam version so I was thinking of getting Game Pass.. so what you just buy 3 12 month cards of Live Gold, redeem them, and do the $1 conversion?

Amazon has the 12 month for $59.99
Old 10-07-2021, 09:06 PM   #4503
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I read that the PC version of NieR:Automata on Game Pass is much better than the Steam version so I was thinking of getting Game Pass.. so what you just buy 3 12 month cards of Live Gold, redeem them, and do the $1 conversion?

Amazon has the 12 month for $59.99
Yep, I'm going to finally do it but Costco(no tax) limits you to two and then you have to wait a week.

Just make sure when you're asked to turn on recurring payment when you enter the codes to say no because it adds an extra month and doesn't allow you to convert because you would be over 36 months.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2021, 06:03 PM   #4504
photon

Exp:

BF2042 seems pretty good, but man do I suck. Even riding around in a vehicle on the secondary guns I can hardly find anyone to shoot. I guess I just need to play more to be able to see anyone.
Old 10-10-2021, 11:03 AM   #4505
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Artful Escape is a cool little psychedelic rock 'n' roll side scrolling game on Gamepass. Has some pretty amazing graphics and the soundtracks are pretty good too.
Huntingwhale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 10:25 PM   #4506
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Funny how when the rebooted Tomb Raider came out it felt like this fresh style combining the action of Uncharted with some open world aspects like Far Cry but by this third installment it feels stale. The story and gameplay didn't really do it for me but one thing they finally got right was the exploration. The tombs and crypts were the best part of the game achieving feelings of wonder and claustrophobia.
Old 10-11-2021, 05:55 PM   #4507
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has anyone played a game called The Long Dark? It was grindy as heck but I liked it for the most part.

Wondering if there’s suggestions for a similar game. Got a hankering for a survivalist type game all of a sudden.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 06:07 PM   #4508
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Has anyone played a game called The Long Dark? It was grindy as heck but I liked it for the most part.

Wondering if there’s suggestions for a similar game. Got a hankering for a survivalist type game all of a sudden.

I don't think I could play it a lot but I do watch the odd video of people playing this:

chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 07:27 PM   #4509
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
The Artful Escape is a cool little psychedelic rock 'n' roll side scrolling game on Gamepass. Has some pretty amazing graphics and the soundtracks are pretty good too.
I was into it for a little while but then realized there was virtually no actual gameplay at all. There are a couple of the call and response Simon style memory games that last 10 seconds, and otherwise you're just holding to the right and jumping occasionally.

My takeaway was that it was a waste of time.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 11:03 PM   #4510
photon

Exp:

I never finished it but I loved the atmosphere of The Long Dark. Among Trees is one that I thought looks like it has a similar vibe.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2021, 06:26 AM   #4511
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
I was into it for a little while but then realized there was virtually no actual gameplay at all. There are a couple of the call and response Simon style memory games that last 10 seconds, and otherwise you're just holding to the right and jumping occasionally.

My takeaway was that it was a waste of time.
Yeah that is true. Really no gameplay at all. But I'm in it for the psychedelic visuals and easy achievements .
Huntingwhale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 09:33 PM   #4512
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I finished season 1 of The Long Dark but still haven't got around to playing season 2.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 03:49 PM   #4513
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Back4Blood hit Game Pass yesterday, some pretty interesting mechanics and a lot of fun to play with friends.

I like the deck building mechanic, makes for some pretty cool ways to play the game so far.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 07:58 PM   #4514
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

I’d like to be enjoying playing AC Valhalla but this is so buggy and crashes so often it makes both AC Unity and Witcher 3 look like the most polished of AAA titles. Without question the buggiest game I’ve ever played.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 06:46 AM   #4515
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I didn't buy Unity until 3 months after it came out so it was mostly smooth (I learned my lesson from AC3 about not buying AC games at release), but Valhalla is the buggiest AC game I've played.

I didn't have the crashing so much, just broken missions that needed to constantly be rebooted, and lots of visual issues (tree leaves / vegetation vanishing, shields on my boat permanently stuck on the ugly, default one you start with no matter which design you choose, etc etc).
Sainters7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 03:48 PM   #4516
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just curious for those who played the Ghost of Tsushima: Iki Island expansion - is Director's Cut the only way to get access to it? Or is there another way to purchase it as a standalone game? Thanks!
Old 10-15-2021, 03:52 PM   #4517
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Just curious for those who played the Ghost of Tsushima: Iki Island expansion - is Director's Cut the only way to get access to it? Or is there another way to purchase it as a standalone game? Thanks!
if you already own the original game, you can add the Iki expansion through the PS store for 20 bucks or something like that. Just start the game and you'll see the upgrade option on the main menu.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2021, 05:29 PM   #4518
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
if you already own the original game, you can add the Iki expansion through the PS store for 20 bucks or something like that. Just start the game and you'll see the upgrade option on the main menu.
Thanks! Does Director's Cut give you any future DLC's after this for free? Because in that case, I'm fine shelling out an extra $6. But if this is it, yeah I'll just get it off the PS store

EDIT: Nevermind, already got it now. Pumped for this, I've heard good things

Last edited by Sainters7; 10-15-2021 at 08:12 PM.
Old 10-15-2021, 09:43 PM   #4519
Your Calgary Flames!
Scoring Winger

Exp:

So I played the beta for Back four blood and thought it was kind of boring. But since it is free on game pass, I downloaded and started playing the campaign online. Still thought it was boring for awhile but towards the end of Act 1 #### hits the fan and gets very intense. Have been having a blast even know my random online party always dies.
Your Calgary Flames! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 02:28 PM   #4520
photon

Exp:

I am excite

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post: