Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-26-2022, 11:36 AM   #1521
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player
 
Sidney Crosby's Hat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Whats the recommended airport arrival time for a domestic flight? Is two hours sufficient?
Do you have Nexus and are you checking a bag?

(1) If yes to Nexus and no to checking a bag, show up 40 minutes before
(2) If no to Nexus and yes to checking a bag, show up 90 minutes before
(3) If yes to Nexus and yes to checking a bag, show up 60-75 minutes before
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sidney Crosby's Hat For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2022, 03:01 PM   #1522
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Crosby's Hat View Post
Do you have Nexus and are you checking a bag?

(1) If yes to Nexus and no to checking a bag, show up 40 minutes before
(2) If no to Nexus and yes to checking a bag, show up 90 minutes before
(3) If yes to Nexus and yes to checking a bag, show up 60-75 minutes before
Thank you; no to Nexus and yes to checking bags.

I told my wife Id check around but shes always late so Im sticking to two hours. No one tell her.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2022, 04:12 PM   #1523
Ryan Coke
First Line Centre
 
Ryan Coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Were flying in 10 days out of the country. Our KN95 masks will stay on and I hope our seat mates do the same.
I fully respect and support you right to wear a mask wherever and whenever you want without judgement, but from this it sounds like you would judge someone who, within the new rules, is well within their right not to wear one.
Ryan Coke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 04:18 PM   #1524
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Coke View Post
I fully respect and support you right to wear a mask wherever and whenever you want without judgement, but from this it sounds like you would judge someone who, within the new rules, is well within their right not to wear one.
No judgement from me. I dont know what I typed that gave you that impression; Im just hoping that those around me are masked but they can do what they want.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2022, 11:55 AM   #1525
Esoteric
First Line Centre
 
Esoteric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Exp:
Default

I just flew home from San Diego on the 2nd.

It was great to not have to wear a mask on the plane, and not have to deal with arriveCAN. Customs was a breeze on the way home.

It felt great to travel again!
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Esoteric For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2022, 08:50 PM   #1526
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
I just flew home from San Diego on the 2nd.

It was great to not have to wear a mask on the plane, and not have to deal with arriveCAN. Customs was a breeze on the way home.

It felt great to travel again!
Did you happen to notice a COVID test location in or near the San Diego airport?
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 03:54 PM   #1527
Esoteric
First Line Centre
 
Esoteric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Did you happen to notice a COVID test location in or near the San Diego airport?
I can't say I did, but I wasn't actively looking.
I walked past one when I was downtown though, it didn't look too busy.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 03:10 PM   #1528
TorqueDog
Franchise Player
 
TorqueDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary - Centre West
Exp:
Default

Travel clinics -- what the f--k AHS, they're STILL closed?

We're going to Mexico next month and the last time we did, we went to the Chumir's travel clinic for our Twinrix and Typhoid vaccines. I checked on AHS' website to find that 'Travel Health Services' or anything like it isn't listed on the Chumir's info page.

AHS: The Edmonton and Calgary clinics are currently closed.

If you are seeking immunization services, please contact a private travel health clinic, your doctor or local pharmacist.


COVID is not an excuse anymore, and suggesting we go to private health clinics is a non-starter when we pay for this.
__________________
-James
GO
FLAMES GO.

How to immensely improve the CalgaryPuck experience, click below:

TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 04:46 PM   #1529
Fuzz
Franchise Player
 
Fuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Travel clinics -- what the f--k AHS, they're STILL closed?

We're going to Mexico next month and the last time we did, we went to the Chumir's travel clinic for our Twinrix and Typhoid vaccines. I checked on AHS' website to find that 'Travel Health Services' or anything like it isn't listed on the Chumir's info page.

AHS: The Edmonton and Calgary clinics are currently closed.

If you are seeking immunization services, please contact a private travel health clinic, your doctor or local pharmacist.


COVID is not an excuse anymore, and suggesting we go to private health clinics is a non-starter when we pay for this.
Sounds about right, they probably don't have the nursing staff to spare. FWIW my pharmacy does travel vaccinations, I think if your insurance plan covers them you won't have to pay. look up CMRx4 and give Mercy a call, she's great.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Press Level View Post
He has a blue checkmark next to his name, therefore his opinion is important.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 04:43 AM   #1530
driveway
A Fiddler Crab
 
driveway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Exp:
Default

As of today, Taiwan has finally dropped quarantine for incoming arrivals. It's now a system called "0+7" or... zero days of quarantine and seven days of "self-health-management" which means essentially nothing.

Earlier this fall, Taiwan opened the border to Canadians arriving without visas, though there was still a "3+4" quarantine system in place which meant a one-week hotel stay for most people entering the country.

So ... we're finally open for travel again!
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 01:40 PM   #1531
Byrns
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Byrns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Exp:
Default

Dropped off my daughter's passport at Service Canada on Aug 12. and called today for status. Still being investigated... Can't expedite until Nov 28 even though we have travel booked for Dec. 24.

Guess I'm stuck in the crappy SLA queue.
Byrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 10:00 AM   #1532
Johnny199r
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Uzbekistan
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrns View Post
Dropped off my daughter's passport at Service Canada on Aug 12. and called today for status. Still being investigated... Can't expedite until Nov 28 even though we have travel booked for Dec. 24.

Guess I'm stuck in the crappy SLA queue.
I have to renew my passport next year, already dreading it.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 01:23 PM   #1533
csnarpy
First Line Centre
 
csnarpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Locked in the Trunk of a Car
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
I have to renew my passport next year, already dreading it.

My friends and my family are traveling to the US on Dec 4th. 4 weeks ago my friends decided to bring their granddaughter. That week they submitted for her passport (shes 4 btw) and they just got it on Friday.



So I think its getting much better.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 12:22 PM   #1534
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player
 
Winsor_Pilates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Van City - Main St.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnarpy View Post
My friends and my family are traveling to the US on Dec 4th. 4 weeks ago my friends decided to bring their granddaughter. That week they submitted for her passport (shes 4 btw) and they just got it on Friday.



So I think its getting much better.
They're lucky!
We submitted our baby boys application in August for our trip coming up Nov 27th.
Well within the recommended required timing.

They are way behind and we now had to get it transfered to a rush printing at the Vancouver passport office.
I'm told we will get it Nov 23rd, very tight timing to our trip.

If we didn't start calling to follow up, I'd likely have heard nothing and missed our trip.
They told us they're up to 4 months behind still.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 06:46 PM   #1535
Amethyst
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

My passport expires in 2025. I hope they're caught up by then...

I'm not sure if I'm joking or not!
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 09:49 AM   #1536
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback
 
cmyden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
My passport expires in 2025. I hope they're caught up by then...

I'm not sure if I'm joking or not!
From the comments I've been seeing very recently, most people who submitted their applications after, say, late August have been receiving their passports in approximately 3-4 weeks.

Meanwhile, many of those who submitted between April and August (or even earlier) are still waiting. Definitely doesn't seem fair.
__________________
Sign up for YYC Deals alerts if you want to be the first to know when I post a deal!

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 11:38 AM   #1537
Amethyst
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

It seems like they just gave up on those older applications.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 04:20 PM   #1538
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player
 
Winsor_Pilates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Van City - Main St.
Exp:
Default

I've heard of a lot of people making cancelable flight & hotel reservations to show a need for a faster turnaround too.
The while system is messed up; but getting back to normal soon hopefully.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 08:40 AM   #1539
Nancy
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Nancy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sunnyvale nursing home
Exp:
Default

We sent my son's passport application by mail (Expresspost) on September 7 and received his passport on Oct 14.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 12:12 PM   #1540
AFireInside
First Line Centre
 
AFireInside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Has anyone done any travel to places like the Dominican Republic?

We're supposed to go in a couple months but with what looks like increasing cases etc it's kind off stressing me out.

I'm not worried about the getting sick part but the rules around catching while you're there being able to come back etc.

I'd personally cancel it if I could and have enquired about it but I doubt I can without losing a ton of money..
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:57 PM.

Calgary Flames
2022-23




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2021