Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #1
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:
Thumbs up Furnace vent/duct cleaning/ installs/ inspections/ tuneups/air conditioning

Please refer to LAST post for pricing

Last edited by EVERLAST; 03-01-2022 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Furnace vent and duct clean / install / services
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

bumped price change....
Old 05-18-2011, 02:16 PM   #3
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another bump and price adjustment.....
Old 08-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

What happened to the last thread? I was hoping for a reply to my damper questions and then things got weird.
ranchlandsselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #5
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

^^Exactly. What happened to the thread I was just reading yesterday. Are you still doing the furnace cleaning?
Old 08-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #6
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

In the midst of changes.....my profession requires tweaking every once and a while .....more details to come......

Last edited by EVERLAST; 08-30-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #7
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchlandsselling View Post
what happened to the last thread? I was hoping for a reply to my damper questions and then things got weird.

pm"d
Old 08-13-2011, 02:01 AM   #8
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
In the midst of changes.....my profession requires tweaking every once and a while .....more details to come......

Please continue to call Flanagans for duct cleaning 403 272-0560
Does a guy get the same CP deal from Flanagans?
Old 08-13-2011, 05:34 AM   #9
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

edited

Last edited by EVERLAST; 03-10-2012 at 07:42 AM. Reason: b/c removed by user
Old 08-13-2011, 07:25 AM   #10
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Keith, if you keep switching companies we are going to think it's you and not them.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:43 AM   #11
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

it is me .....I like contracts where I can go in and facilitate change, make upgrades and move on. The learning curve in my industry is huge and if you stay stuck in one place for too long you stop learning and taking advantage of broad base knowledge.

I also have the power as a consultant to work for the highest bidder. With experience and knowledge comes a small amount of power.

Most of my work now deals with teaching and preaching change with all of the new technology. As an example we have switched from using massive 140k truck mounted trucks to portable units which are 1/10 the cost and do a better job. I can actually show a customer what I cleaned from their furnace and ducting system.

I couldnt do that with a truck. Its all good at the end of the day.

Also....I finally decided to work for me ...huge leap of faith in this economy but decided before I die I'd give it a try.

Last edited by EVERLAST; 03-10-2012 at 07:42 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EVERLAST For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2011, 10:55 AM   #12
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
it is me .....I like contracts where I can go in and facilitate change, make upgrades and move on. The learning curve in my industry is huge and if you stay stuck in one place for too long you stop learning and taking advantage of broad base knowledge.

I also have the power as a consultant to work for the highest bidder. With experience and knowledge comes a small amount of power.

Most of my work now deals with teaching and preaching change with all of the new technology. As an example we have switched from using massive 140k truck mounted trucks to portable units which are 1/10 the cost and do a better job. I can actually show a customer what I cleaned from their furnace and ducting system.

I couldnt do that with a truck. Its all good at the end of the day.

Also....I finally decided to work for me ...huge leap of faith in this economy but decided before I die I'd give it a try.
Makes sense - sounds like a good plan! Best of luck to you!

Could you elaborate on the question I asked in the other thread about what a damper does? Is the lack of one a reason why my basement/garage/entryway level is so cold and what kind of difference it can make (I have a mid-efficiency furnace).

Thanks!
ranchlandsselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #13
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

FYI, in the original post you list the price as $39...I'm guessing its $139?
jar_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #14
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar_e View Post
FYI, in the original post you list the price as $39...I'm guessing its $139?
Furnace and Duct cleaning Yes.......my tuneup inspection/service as listed cash.

The price is is discounted because it is cash only ..... if I were to offer and be able to accept Visa and or mastercard the price would easily have to be higher .

I am cutting this extremely fair deal to Calgary puckers in hope of simply promoting a very valuable product.

I do however have to disclose that if there are problems with a person whose furnace is in the 7+ year old furnace range that the likelihood of proactive repairs will become a possibility.

This I will ALWAYS qualify after a tuneup/inspection with a recommendation to make improvements by changing older required parts with NEW parts that come with a warranty.....these parts being the most commonly replaced worn parts such as Thermocouples on furnaces which are a little older....or
Flame Sensors and hot surface ignitors which typically have a lifespan of 5-8 years depending upon previous maintenance.

I will have everyone know that I can beat all competitors in terms of price because when I recommend something IT IS NOT an emergency service meaning you are already saving money.

Typical emergency call out fee's in the city of Calgary are $59.00 just to come to the house. That includes NOTHING!! No tune up ...no inspection ...no cleaned burners, flame sensor, tested motor , limit switches testing etc etc .

To be very clear I doubt anyone can offer what I offer and be fair in the end.

Last edited by EVERLAST; 01-26-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #15
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchlandsselling View Post
Makes sense - sounds like a good plan! Best of luck to you!

Could you elaborate on the question I asked in the other thread about what a damper does? Is the lack of one a reason why my basement/garage/entryway level is so cold and what kind of difference it can make (I have a mid-efficiency furnace).

Thanks!

A hoyme damper is installed to control the combustion air running beside your furnace.
The damper when the furnace is operational (Heating ) is open and when the furnace is not (Heating ) remains closed until there is a call for heat....once the thermostat anticipates a need for heat the burners will ignite which requires combustion air (Cool air from outside)
the damper opens letting in this air for the proper combustion to take place. This damper would be directly beside your mid-eff furnace and would keep only the immediate area warmer when the furnace is off (closed) only when the furnace is NOT in use.

As far as the entry way area and your garage is concerned I would have to see it for myself to give accurate recommendations for improvements.
Hope this helps.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #16
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do you install these dampers yourself Keith? Co-worker of mine has one and she swears by it.
I-Hate-Hulse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #17
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes....I will install them when its called for ....not unnecessarily though as most people that have them really really need them but I have come across people who have had them installed unnecessarily and incorrectly.

A draft needs to be pretty severe before it is ever necessary to install one
Old 08-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #18
Jero Miginla
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Just had Keith come and check out my furnace. Honest, good and a damn nice guy. Spread the word!
Jero Miginla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #19
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Furnace and Duct cleaning Yes.......my tuneup inspection/service as listed $39.00 cash.

The price is $39.00 is discounted because it is cash only ..... if I were to offer and be able to accept Visa and or mastercard the price would easily have to be higher .

I am cutting this extremely fair deal to Calgary puckers in hope of simply promoting a very valuable product.

I do however have to disclose that if there are problems with a person whose furnace is in the 7+ year old furnace range that the likelihood of proactive repairs will become a possibility.

This I will ALWAYS qualify after a tuneup/inspection with a recommendation to make improvements by changing older required parts with NEW parts that come with a warranty.....these parts being the most commonly replaced worn parts such as Thermocouples on furnaces which are a little older....or
Flame Sensors and hot surface ignitors which typically have a lifespan of 5-8 years depending upon previous maintenance.

I will have everyone know that I can beat all competitors in terms of price because when I recommend something IT IS NOT an emergency service meaning you are already saving money.

Typical emergency call out fee's in the city of Calgary are $59.00 just to come to the house. That includes NOTHING!! No tune up ...no inspection ...no cleaned burners, flame sensor, tested motor , limit switches testing etc etc .

To be very clear I doubt anyone can offer what I offer and be fair in the end.
Wow that's great. We move into a new place here in the next week so I may have to take advantage of your services.
jar_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #20
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jero Miginla View Post
Just had Keith come and check out my furnace. Honest, good and a damn nice guy. Spread the word!
thanks....my family appreciates the business a great deal