Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-02-2021, 12:13 PM   #1
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player
 
ForeverFlameFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Exp:
Default 2021 Fantasy Football

Was just gonna post in the other thread (2020 fantasy football), but it wouldíve probably gotten a little confusing, especially with all of the injuries that have already occurred.

Figured we have a thread for just fantasy purposes, who are your sleeper picks going in (if you havenít drafted yet like me), who to pick up off of waivers, injury-related news, your top 5 rankings for each position, etc.

Iíd like to see your lineups if any of you have drafted, who you wish you had drafted, who I should select with my top few picks Iíll receive (in a snake draft), etc.

Best RBs to go for outside the top 5?
Best D to go for (thereís always a surprise D)
Best ďbackupĒ QB to go for, aside from the top 10 QBs fantasy wise?

All questions, comments, anything you want to spot out would be great.

I have my draft with my in-laws this Sunday. If Iím not mistaken itís going from 10 to 12 people, but it might just stay 10. Either way, drafting better will be a priority for me. In the two seasons Iíve played Iíve gone 9-4 both times but failed to do anything come playoff time. So, maybe I need better players with longevity or consistency when down to the final weeks.

I know a lot of you are great fantasy football fans, so donít hesitate to toss in your 2 cents!
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 12:50 PM   #2
DoubleK
Franchise Player
 
DoubleK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Exp:
Default

I'm in a 12 team keeper league. Can keep three players but they all have to be different positions. You have to draft the player in the position he was drafted, unless he was a trade or a waiver pickup. I ended up keeping Kamara and Lockett who the previous owner traded for, so they are my 14th and 15th round picks.

The only other player I thought about keeping was Tyler Higbee. I drafted him in the 5th round and I felt like that was too high.

Was this a mistake?
__________________
It's only game. Why you heff to be mad?
DoubleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 01:15 PM   #3
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Exp:
Default

For sleepers I'm going with Rondale Moore, WR, in Arizona. I picked him up as a late round pick and I'm hoping he has a decent number of targets. Murray is not the best QB so that doesn't help and I'm not really sure what the snap/target distribution will look like as AZ has quite a bit of depth.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2021, 05:00 PM   #4
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension
 
Sylvanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Just outside Enemy Lines
Exp:
Default

I have the 2 pick in my Draft on Tuesday and I'm guessing that CMC will be the top pick. So once again I ask myself, do I take Alvin Kamara who seems to be phenominal every second year, and off the other ones. It's a 12 team one point PPR league with 1QB so it's close between him and Dalvin Cook with Saquon and Zeke in the mix. I tend to end up with Kamara in the off years. Damn it anyway.
__________________
"Some guys like old balls"
Patriots QB Tom Brady
Sylvanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 07:19 PM   #5
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player
 
ForeverFlameFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
I'm in a 12 team keeper league. Can keep three players but they all have to be different positions. You have to draft the player in the position he was drafted, unless he was a trade or a waiver pickup. I ended up keeping Kamara and Lockett who the previous owner traded for, so they are my 14th and 15th round picks.

The only other player I thought about keeping was Tyler Higbee. I drafted him in the 5th round and I felt like that was too high.

Was this a mistake?
I don't think so? Then again, I don't know who you passed up. Higbee should be an ideal target for Stafford though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
For sleepers I'm going with Rondale Moore, WR, in Arizona. I picked him up as a late round pick and I'm hoping he has a decent number of targets. Murray is not the best QB so that doesn't help and I'm not really sure what the snap/target distribution will look like as AZ has quite a bit of depth.
Murray's primary targets will be D-Hop and Green. Apparently, Green was a revitalized player during training camp, but here's to hoping that it translates on the field. If we get prime Green it will be a good time as a Cards fan. I think Rondale Moore is a decent pick as a sleeper. I always have to remind myself that Green is injury prone and Kirk isn't exactly a solid solid #3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I have the 2 pick in my Draft on Tuesday and I'm guessing that CMC will be the top pick. So once again I ask myself, do I take Alvin Kamara who seems to be phenominal every second year, and off the other ones. It's a 12 team one point PPR league with 1QB so it's close between him and Dalvin Cook with Saquon and Zeke in the mix. I tend to end up with Kamara in the off years. Damn it anyway.
What are your thoughts on Henry? Surely there's some regression that can occur, but I also think he is one of the most dominant RB's in the game, and I think Tennessee is still going to heavily use him. Kamara is a decent option too, Watson (or Hill if he plays QB at all) will likely rely on the running game quite a bit, especially after losing a HoF QB and also a top 3 WR in the game out for 6 weeks.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 11:50 PM   #6
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension
 
Sylvanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Just outside Enemy Lines
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post

What are your thoughts on Henry? Surely there's some regression that can occur, but I also think he is one of the most dominant RB's in the game, and I think Tennessee is still going to heavily use him. Kamara is a decent option too, Watson (or Hill if he plays QB at all) will likely rely on the running game quite a bit, especially after losing a HoF QB and also a top 3 WR in the game out for 6 weeks.
In a non PPR scoring format with only 1 QB, he's easily the top pick. Even in a half point PPR league he's pretty attractive. At some point the guy has to be human and need to pass off some of his work load. But they do have one of the better WR duo's that should force teams to think about stacking the box. Really that pick won't really make or break any team unless you pick the guy who get's injured (Looking at you Dalvin Cook).

One Running Back who's lowish on a lot of lists is Josh Jacobs who didn't have a great year last year. But he was still productive, and I suspect his lower rankings are more to do with disappointment from last year. If he's around at the 45th pick type of thing I don't hate that. James Robinson could be valuable with the injury to Etienne and I do think Trevor Lawrence is a pretty talented QB who's going to need to dump off the ball to avoid meeting a Joe Burrow fate. So there could be a few 4th quarters where he has 6 catches for 40 yards in garbage time which in a PPR league is a nice stat pad.
__________________
"Some guys like old balls"
Patriots QB Tom Brady
Sylvanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 11:15 AM   #7
DropIt
Franchise Player
 
DropIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Red Deer, AB
Exp:
Default

Drafted on Sunday in an auction style. 12 team, PPR, left with:

QB- Tom Brady, Trey Lance

RB- Aaron Jones, Najee Harris, Philip Lindsay, Rashad Penny

WR- DJ Moore, Dionte Johnson, Tee Higgins, Micke Pittman Jr, Jerry Jeudy, Darnell Mooney, Antonio Brown, M. Thomas (pup)

TE- Robert Tonyan

Whole league had a few drinks on draft night so I ended up making a post draft trade under the influence..

Najee Harris, Antonio Brown, Rovert Tonyan, Trey Lance
For
Austin Ekeler, Marvin Jones Jr, Jonnu Smith, Justin Fields
DropIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 12:59 PM   #8
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension
 
Sylvanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Just outside Enemy Lines
Exp:
Default

I've been holding out hope that I might snag Harris with my Round 2 pick.

At this stage who knows how that works out. Most any other team in the league and AB is not the #3 wide out. But if he keeps himself behaved he still can get targets over Godwin or Evans, plus the health wild card. Jonnu Smith was paid a lot by ol Hoodie so I have to think he has plans for him in a dink and dunk type offence to get more than the goalline duties he got with the Titans. I'm sure as a Bears fan you hold out hope that Fields is starting by week 3, and looks like a pre-indictment Deshaun Watson.

I likely prefer the package you gave up...but who knows at this time.
__________________
"Some guys like old balls"
Patriots QB Tom Brady
Sylvanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2021, 09:01 PM   #9
DoubleK
Franchise Player
 
DoubleK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
I'm in a 12 team keeper league. Can keep three players but they all have to be different positions. You have to draft the player in the position he was drafted, unless he was a trade or a waiver pickup. I ended up keeping Kamara and Lockett who the previous owner traded for, so they are my 14th and 15th round picks.

The only other player I thought about keeping was Tyler Higbee. I drafted him in the 5th round and I felt like that was too high.

Was this a mistake?
I'm in the 7th draft position, but with keepers I have pick #4, #14 and #21.

I'm thinking either Ekeler or Carson at #4 and then the best WR left with #14.

What do you think?

The screen capture is up to date for keepers less Jefferson.

It's a 1 QB league .25 PPR.
__________________
It's only game. Why you heff to be mad?

Last edited by DoubleK; 09-07-2021 at 09:10 PM.
DoubleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 11:43 AM   #10
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension
 
Sylvanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Just outside Enemy Lines
Exp:
Default

Well had our Draft last night ended up with this team in a 12 team 1 PPR league.

QB Lamar Jackson
RB Dalvin Cook
RB Chase Edmonds
WR A.J. Brown
WR Cooper Kupp
WR Tyler Boyd
TE Darren Waller
FLX Leonard Fournette
FLX Antonio Brown
D/ST Denver
BN Kenyan Drake
BN Mecole Hardman
BN Tyler Higbee
BN Baker Mayfield
BN Malcolm Brown
BN Tre`Quan Smith

After years of drafting Kamara on his down year, I passed on him in favor of Dalvin Cook...we'll see how that goes for me. A new QB, plus the Saints being a bit unsettled to start the season influenced that too. But it was more of my personal history with the player...On the 2-3 turn I was hoping for a RB, but at that point everyone above Jacobs was claimed and that was too high of a place to take him. I was wanting one of Waller or Kittle in that spot as I think those two plus Kelce are leaps and bounds above any other Tight End. When in doubt try to curse the Raider player. At the 4/5 turn, I pretty much had to reach for another back so I had to take Edmonds as everyone else by than was gone and he projected about 35 points higher than the next remaining back, than got Cup after the other guy made his two picks.

This is a pretty competitive league as pretty much everyone wins at least 5 games every year, and often 8-5 get's first with 10 teams going into the last week with a chance to get in. So my team never looks very good, but everyone else in the league has holes too because usually there is no free money guy to pick on that lets one team look like it's in a 6 team league.
__________________
"Some guys like old balls"
Patriots QB Tom Brady
Sylvanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 01:53 PM   #11
DropIt
Franchise Player
 
DropIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Red Deer, AB
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I've been holding out hope that I might snag Harris with my Round 2 pick.

At this stage who knows how that works out. Most any other team in the league and AB is not the #3 wide out. But if he keeps himself behaved he still can get targets over Godwin or Evans, plus the health wild card. Jonnu Smith was paid a lot by ol Hoodie so I have to think he has plans for him in a dink and dunk type offence to get more than the goalline duties he got with the Titans. I'm sure as a Bears fan you hold out hope that Fields is starting by week 3, and looks like a pre-indictment Deshaun Watson.

I likely prefer the package you gave up...but who knows at this time.
Im of the opi ion that Ekeler is going to be lights out this year, he was the main concern over an unknown Harris. Othrwise i think the remaining players are more-or-less interchangable, fiving up the better wr of course
DropIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 02:43 PM   #12
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player
 
ForeverFlameFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
Im of the opi ion that Ekeler is going to be lights out this year, he was the main concern over an unknown Harris. Othrwise i think the remaining players are more-or-less interchangable, fiving up the better wr of course
That’s pretty much what I think. Assuming your league is PPR Ekeler is the perfect flex option because of basically being a RB/WR combo. He will get a good bit of touches and yardage.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 05:23 PM   #13
Hockey
Franchise Player
 
Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pitt Meadows
Exp:
Default

Ekeler didn't practice today with a hamstring injury. So just be cautious of that.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 08:50 AM   #14
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player
 
ForeverFlameFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Exp:
Default

Tevin Coleman is starting RB for the Jets. With rookie Zach Wilson there, Coleman should be getting a solid amount of touches. Decent guy to pickup for your bench.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 01:57 PM   #15
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player
 
ForeverFlameFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Exp:
Default

The #Ravens cut short practice today after CB Marcus Peters and RB Gus Edwards sustained potentially significant knee injuries on back-to-back plays

Then Schefter:

Ravens fear that RB Gus Edwards suffered a season-ending torn ACL during today's practice, per source.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 03:51 PM   #16
Pacem
Scoring Winger
 
Pacem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Exp:
Default

Would you drop Lindsey for Bell in light of the new injury news?
Pacem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 04:54 PM   #17
Skaloper
First Line Centre
 
Skaloper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacem View Post
Would you drop Lindsey for Bell in light of the new injury news?
I'm hoping that for you Lindsay is just a bench warmer or a fill in for Bye weeks. Given a few weeks I think Lindsay is the safer bet.
Skaloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 05:36 PM   #18
Pacem
Scoring Winger
 
Pacem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaloper View Post
I'm hoping that for you Lindsay is just a bench warmer or a fill in for Bye weeks. Given a few weeks I think Lindsay is the safer bet.
Oh yeah, he is #4 on my depth chart. It is 14 team league so I am sure someone will pick up Bell.
Pacem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 07:56 AM   #19
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension
 
Sylvanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Just outside Enemy Lines
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
The #Ravens cut short practice today after CB Marcus Peters and RB Gus Edwards sustained potentially significant knee injuries on back-to-back plays

Then Schefter:

Ravens fear that RB Gus Edwards suffered a season-ending torn ACL during today's practice, per source.
For two days I've been stewing over taking Edmonds over Edwards with my round 4 pick. Not now!
__________________
"Some guys like old balls"
Patriots QB Tom Brady
Sylvanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2021, 10:04 AM   #20
alan21
Don't click that link!
 
alan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Rural Alberta
Exp:
Default

QB - Russell Wilson
RB - Austin Ekeler
RB - Melvin Gordon
WR - DK Metcalf
WR - Jarvis Landry
TE - Jared Cook
Flex - Tyler Lockett/Josh Jacobs/Nelson Agholor
K - Daniel Carlson
D - Packers

Bench
RB - Le'veon Bell
RB - Kenyon Drake
WR - Juju Smith-Schuster
TE - Noah Fant

I thought this was a well rounded team but it does lack any real gamebreakers that could put up 35 for me. Maybe Wilson a couple of weeks or Metcalf.
I'm guessing I go .500 and sneak into the playoffs and hope for the best.
alan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:32 PM.

Calgary Flames
2021-22




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2021