Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2020, 01:27 PM   #21
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbit View Post
IMO, that would be very surprising. 25 years old.

Prorated , he is a 20 plus goal scorer and 40 point player each of the last 2 seasons.
That's kinda the point. He won't sign for league min or even, say, $1M. His time will run out and then he will be left to demonstrate to some team that he's worth a lot more. And they may want to judge his locker room character.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 01:34 PM   #22
timbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
That's kinda the point. He won't sign for league min or even, say, $1M. His time will run out and then he will be left to demonstrate to some team that he's worth a lot more. And they may want to judge his locker room character.
Has that ( bolded) been documented or reported to be a past issue. I am unaware.

I assume he will sign the best offer that he receives. Do you have different information?
timbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 02:05 PM   #23
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbit View Post
Has that ( bolded) been documented or reported to be a past issue. I am unaware.

I assume he will sign the best offer that he receives. Do you have different information?
It was a reason he fell in the draft. There was a discussion about it here when he was cut loose. Torts said he had "bad listening skills" when he was scratched. Tocchet said he had an effort issue. Chayka didn't like his room presence.

I'm not sure if any of it is warranted, or the reasons behind it.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2020, 02:13 PM   #24
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
It was a reason he fell in the draft. There was a discussion about it here when he was cut loose. Torts said he had "bad listening skills" when he was scratched. Tocchet said he had an effort issue. Chayka didn't like his room presence.

I'm not sure if any of it is warranted, or the reasons behind it.
The fact that this relatively promising young player has been on 5 different teams over his 6 seasons is also a bit of a red flag. Not conclusive evidence, but there has to be a reason why these teams felt it warranted to move on.

He also seems to have a tendency to start out very hot when he's with a new group, but then get. Eg: first season in AZ and 1st half season/ 1/2 of 2nd season in OTT. He didn't score that much in the second half of last year looking at his game logs. I might be reading into that too much, but it reads to me like the story we hear of some coaches who come in and get the most out of players but then it wears on them and they start tuning the coach out. Perhaps Duclair wears on his teammates too? Anyways, that's total speculation, but his hot cold streaks add intrigue.

Last edited by Monahammer; 10-21-2020 at 02:17 PM.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 03:21 PM   #25
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anthanasiou will probably get one from somewhere.