Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-21-2020, 06:25 PM   #421
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

There's definitely going to be a lead in to House of M kind of flavor to this. Elements will be borrowed. Will it tie directly an MCU lead in for the X-Men? Doubtful. But who knows.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:43 PM   #422
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like all the Marvel movies are being pushed back again with Black Widow now on for May 2021.

I guess this means the Mulan experiment was a failure and Disney will be betting on a return to theatres next year.

Last edited by FireGilbert; 09-23-2020 at 10:43 PM.
FireGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:02 PM   #423
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

2011? Now I’m going to need Pym particles or the time stone to watch this?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2020, 11:13 PM   #424
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Looks like all the Marvel movies are being pushed back again with Black Widow now on for May 2021.

I guess this means the Mulan experiment was a failure and Disney will be betting on a return to theatres next year.
I'm sure one day I'll feel bad for Disney....but it is not this day.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:00 PM   #425
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Possible S.W.O.R.D series? He was great in his two episodes on Agents of Shield

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...NJQKhvu2LxN9gw

Quote:
Samuel L. Jackson is finally set to get his own Disney+ series as Marvel's Nick Fury. The Agent of SHIELD will headline his own show almost ten years after the first rumors started to circulate that Jackson could get either a movie or a TV show based on the character, who first appeared in Iron Man and was the glue that held the disparate Marvel movies together before the characters united in Marvel's The Avengers in 2012. More recently he and Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders) have served as the bridge between the main Marvel Cinematic Universe and Sony's Spider-Man movies.

Moar Coulson

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:23 PM   #426
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who is is disappointed the upcoming Lego Star Wars Holiday special features the new characters and isn’t a Lego remake of the original?
Old 10-19-2020, 01:35 PM   #427
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Who is is disappointed the upcoming Lego Star Wars Holiday special features the new characters and isn’t a Lego remake of the original?
This is 100% for kids. My son loves Star Wars but he's drawn more towards Rey and Kylo than Luke and Vader. All about that $$$
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 01:45 PM   #428
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

From a human standpoint I see this as disappointing on the part of Disney. Look what kids are going through this year dealing with a different world and family strains with jobs being affected, less freedoms and virtual schooling.

This is the time to give people some MCU content (I'm not even a huge fan myself, but I know many that are).

I don't think there's going to be a huge difference between now and next May. So maybe Disney should try being bigger than the dollars and show the fans and the kids some love during this ####y time by just releasing the damn thing.

Christmas season would've been the perfect time.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2020, 01:29 PM   #429
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
After much back-and-forth, Disney+ has announced it's officially developing a sequel series to the fan-favorite fantasy film Willow.
Quote:
The series' pilot will be directed by Jon M. Chu, who also serves as an executive producer with Ron Howard Kathleen Kennedy, Michelle Rejwan, Roopesh Parekh, Hannah Friedman, Jonathan Kasdan and Wendy Mericle, while Kasdan and Mericle will serve as showrunners. Bob Dolman is also on-board as a consulting producer.
https://www.cbr.com/disney-plus-willow-series/

Warwick Davis is the only confirmed returning cast member so far. I was a huge fan of Willow as a kid, it wasn't the best movie of all time by any means, but it was still a pretty epic adventure with great action and lots of fantasy that holds up well today. This movie was what got me started in my lifelong love of all things fantasy related. Then when I read the LOTR later on I was like "WHAT THE HELL, TOLKIEN RIPPED OFF WILLOW!?!? oh wait..."

I wonder how you do a willow without Mad Martagan though..
Old 10-20-2020, 01:47 PM   #430
FlamesPuck12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
From a human standpoint I see this as disappointing on the part of Disney. Look what kids are going through this year dealing with a different world and family strains with jobs being affected, less freedoms and virtual schooling.

This is the time to give people some MCU content (I'm not even a huge fan myself, but I know many that are).

I don't think there's going to be a huge difference between now and next May. So maybe Disney should try being bigger than the dollars and show the fans and the kids some love during this ####y time by just releasing the damn thing.

Christmas season would've been the perfect time.
Have they ever been "bigger than the dollars"? We're talking about Disney... Mulan for whatever price on top of Disney subscription was a pretty good example of this. Before Disney+, they had Disney Vault which artificially limited access to their content to milk as much money as they can from consumers.

That being said, I'm surprised that they aren't going to do premium releases like Mulan with their other content. I can't imagine that the theatres will be back to normal in 2021. Even with a vaccine, many people will be hesitant to go to theatres next year.

Last edited by FlamesPuck12; 10-20-2020 at 01:49 PM.
FlamesPuck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 01:56 PM   #431
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesPuck12 View Post
I can't imagine that the theatres will be back to normal in 2021. Even with a vaccine, many people will be hesitant to go to theatres next year.
Hard to say. I like to think post vaccine Canada will be like VE Day in 1945. Lots of partying, casual sex and full movie theatres. Ok that last part is probably more 2021 but you know what I mean.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2020, 02:08 PM   #432
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Hard to say. I like to think post vaccine Canada will be like VE Day in 1945. Lots of partying, casual sex and full movie theatres. Ok that last part is probably more 2021 but you know what I mean.
Hey ol'feller, you may have been around in 1945 and felt like everybody was having casual sex, but just because you weren't able to get any doesn't mean everybody else was doing so! It just felt that way.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 09:00 AM   #433
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I predict that all of the failed marriages from quarantine will result in a massive baby spike once these newly single people are vaccinated and ready to mingle. And by mingle I mean hump everything that isn't nailed down.

Which is great, we want growth from within the country, the latest generations (myself included stopping at 2 kids) hasn't been doing a great job of that.

It's just so dang expensive. And exhausting. I'm just so tired.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:18 PM   #434
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

If Disney doesn't come with a big content dump soon does their subscriber base start to fall off a cliff?

We took the 20% discount to pay a year upfront, and it's coming up on a year pretty soon. We've been using it nearly as much a Prime or Netflix with the lack of newer content they are putting out their.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 01:39 PM   #435
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's a bit annoying you can't watch the simpsons treehouse of horror episodes sequentially within the collection they've highlighted.

That, and episodes you've watched arent marked as watched.

Disney+'s UX is terrible - worse than Prime, I think.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 07:44 PM   #436
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just watched mulan I f###### hated it, I found it frustratingly bad I've never actually felt frustrated watching a movie before.....
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 09:32 PM   #437
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Hot take, Friday night Disney+ night. I am going to The Right Stuff before I go to the Mandalorian, because the story is more interesting.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 08:55 AM   #438
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
If Disney doesn't come with a big content dump soon does their subscriber base start to fall off a cliff?

We took the 20% discount to pay a year upfront, and it's coming up on a year pretty soon. We've been using it nearly as much a Prime or Netflix with the lack of newer content they are putting out their.
Disney's stock price jumped this week when they reported over 73 million subscribers while analysts only expected 65.5 million.

It's definitely a different mindset amongst subscribers than a Netflix. But hard to see many families going without Disney+ and the new Marvel shows will attract those looking for fresh content I suppose.

Now long term, they have to think about what happens when brands like Marvel and Star Wars fall out of fashion. But they have quite a track record of family entertainment that no one seems ready to challenge.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 09:15 AM   #439
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

I’ll never understand how everyone hasn’t set up a channel for a friend on Disney+, who have in turn done the same for you on their Netflix account.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 12:31 AM   #440
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here are my daughter’s updated Disney+ power rankings featuring a very surprise addition.

1. The Lion King
2. Frozen
3. Tangled
4. The Aristocats
5. Cars