Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-15-2019, 02:25 PM   #61
Knut

Exp:

I was up high in the corner before. Now I have moved to 226- row 20. Dead center. My issue with selling is more so that lots of seats in rows 14-18 are available in the same section. So comparatively mine are competing against seats further down.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:33 PM   #62
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post
I was up high in the corner before. Now I have moved to 226- row 20. Dead center. My issue with selling is more so that lots of seats in rows 14-18 are available in the same section. So comparatively mine are competing against seats further down.
I had seats in that section for the 2004 playoff run. Great section!
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 05:54 PM   #63
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Gave up my seasons last year because I wasn't happy with the team, the prices, the beer, etc and wasn't just going to complain about it on the forums and then continue to fork over $6900 like many of you do . Spoke with my wallet, and don't regret a single second of it. Zero FOMO. Lots of cash in my pocket (after tix, beer, snacks, etc etc etc).
Old 02-15-2019, 07:42 PM   #64
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
Gave up my seasons last year because I wasn't happy with the team, the prices, the beer, etc and wasn't just going to complain about it on the forums and then continue to fork over $6900 like many of you do . Spoke with my wallet, and don't regret a single second of it. Zero FOMO. Lots of cash in my pocket (after tix, beer, snacks, etc etc etc).

You know you regret it when you have to broadcast publicly that you don’t regret it.
heep223 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to heep223 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2019, 07:40 PM   #65
homestand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Some thoughts about the recent renewals,
  • appears the outdoor game in Regina will be a Jets home game since there was no mention of a reduction in the number of Flames home games
  • the STH are being squeezed tighter for the 2018-2019 season. There was an increase in the STH cost but the 2018-2019 ticket face value was unchanged from the 2017-2018 face value. Basically an admission that with the weakened local economy there is little appetite for higher face values. Ask more from the STH. I expect a very modest increase in the 2019-2020 face values. 2%?
homestand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:49 PM   #66
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Connor, It's Mess View Post
I hope I can afford season tickets some day, some of the prices in this thread are unfathomable lol
Keep dreaming, it's never going to get affordable again. Player salaries keep going up and up with no end in sight with fans being the victims

Old 02-16-2019, 09:36 PM   #67
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Keep dreaming, it's never going to get affordable again. Player salaries keep going up and up with no end in sight with fans being the victims

With inflation, that $18 is ~$36 in today’s dollars!
Old 02-16-2019, 10:35 PM   #68
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
I can remember when Mike Vernon became the first Flames player to get a $ 1,000,000 contract and that was considered huge back then. Now it's equal to an entry level contract that high drafted players sign today. My ST's back then were affordable for almost everyone but not today
Old 02-16-2019, 11:23 PM   #69
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
You sit in PL sections and ticket costs are still under $30.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2019, 11:37 PM   #70
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
You sit in PL sections and ticket costs are still under $30.
Sure, but 30 years ago, those were $7.50. Dion's $18 seats in WW1 would be in the Blue section now (I believe) with a STH price of $75+ per game and face value of at least $125.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:50 PM   #71
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

I don’t know if that was the playoff pricing for tix then for all rounds.

I had Whites in ‘04. I can assure you that there were no 30 dollar tickets then
Old 02-17-2019, 01:36 AM   #72
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Sure, but 30 years ago, those were $7.50. Dion's $18 seats in WW1 would be in the Blue section now (I believe) with a STH price of $75+ per game and face value of at least $125.
Taking the remodeling of the Dome into consideration they would now be in section 224 and yes in the blues.

Old 02-17-2019, 03:12 PM   #73
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Still a contentious topic that the NHL played games during WW1.

Bad joke aside, yes, sure, 30 years ago the Herald was 25 cents, gas around 30c a litre etc...just saying sub $30 tickets are still offered, which, given other entertainment options like movie prices, which were $4 or $5 back in 1989 and now triple that. So, all things considered, there is an option, if fortunate enough, that can be considered “affordable” for the regular season, as $30 now would be about $17 in 1989.

Last edited by browna; 02-17-2019 at 03:16 PM.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 05:20 PM   #74
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is there still a waiting list for season tickets? I’m guessing you’d be limited to PL or corner blues, but I’m curious if anyone who signed up for this season had to wait?
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 05:38 PM   #75
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
I can remember when Mike Vernon became the first Flames player to get a $ 1,000,000 contract and that was considered huge back then. Now it's equal to an entry level contract that high drafted players sign today. My ST's back then were affordable for almost everyone but not today
Chopper was first Flame to eclipse $1m in AAV salary.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:23 PM   #76
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Is there still a waiting list for season tickets? I’m guessing you’d be limited to PL or corner blues, but I’m curious if anyone who signed up for this season had to wait?
I was told that everyone who wanted season tickets before the season started got them.

I think the reason we've seen more aggressive increases from the flames this year is three fold:

1) rebuild over, 3+ year window open = less turnover. What is the likelihood you're going to give up seasons now if youve been holding them through the rebuild?

2) flames have probably have had a lot more hot house sign ups as the season has gone one

3) The wait list that began in 2005 was driven by the 2004 run. So the team is probably expecting the wait list to swell if the team wins 2+ rounds
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:16 PM   #77
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heep223 View Post
You know you regret it when you have to broadcast publicly that you don’t regret it.
No. I'm dead serious. Not a single regret. I felt more obligation when I had them. I mean I'm not the one pissing over increases year after year or beer prices. I had the sit down talk with Ken king over it, and I couldn't bring myself to willingly and with good conscience part with $7000 a year for the experience they were providing. Some of us don't just complain but we act.

Last edited by Aleks; 02-18-2019 at 01:19 PM.
Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:26 PM   #78
krazycanuck
Won the Worst Son Ever Award

Exp:

I spoke to my rep last week and he answered a few questions. If you are in PL row 4+ you'll continue to get the food package with your season tickets.

For heritage classic it is a Jets home game. He was told that there will be some allocation of tickets for the Flames, but not sure yet how that would work for distribution.

I think the reason for the early renewal this year is so they can do guaranteed playoff packages if you sign up for season seats for next year.
krazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:38 PM   #79
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Admittedly the games have been much more fun this year. I talked a big game about cancelling for the last few seasons, but the fair-weather fan in me has been treated to some decent hockey and now I find my resolve weakening. I still think a new arena kills my season tickets, but for the time being I might stay on the bandwagon.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:23 PM   #80
Sec218
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I just renewed my Orange seats, 3.8% increase.
Sec218 is offline   Reply With Quote