Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-21-2021, 01:32 PM   #21
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbyoung1979 View Post
i forgot to mention i am not a rookie gm i been doing sims for 15 to 20 years i use to run a league i want to fix up Florida not trash it lol
Noob rookie mistake...telling everyone you are not a nooob.

Rookie.
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MJK For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2021, 03:32 PM   #22
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

Welcome!

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 03:54 PM   #23
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Disappointed in not being notified of a warning. Was having issues where I thought I was sending my lines and it turned out I wasn’t. Was clicking forward instead of send.

Was getting ready for the trade deadline and all that, spent about 20 hours mapping out what I was wanting to do, but I guess that doesn’t matter. Didn’t do my normal thing with prospect and roster turnover due to the bizarreness of this season. Not because I was too busy. I thought I was doing the right things. Thanks to everyone. Apologies for my unexpectedly abbreviated round 2.

Was hoping to be doing this for a few more seasons at least.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca

Last edited by Caged Great; 02-21-2021 at 04:08 PM.
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 06:56 PM   #24
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well this is awkward.

If what you say is true Caged Great we’ll call it an honest mistake, just reapply...Panthers sucked anyways.

But welcome new guy, you seem eager to play which is good. Even though you are a noob...

Last edited by MJK; 02-21-2021 at 07:03 PM.
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 07:23 PM   #25
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

This league depends on having active GMs who are playing the game consistently. I know CG to be a good guy and he has his perspective but when I have to ask a Gm if they are sending in lines multiple times a season - it's an issue. Particularly as we head down the stretch with playoff races heating up - it simply isn't fair if a team isn't sending in lines and the sim is therefore double shifting players (as one example) in ways that are against our rules.

It's a shame that it sounds like he was trying to send lines - but he should have noticed by looking at the box scores that something wasn't right and followed up to ask. Any questions about lines were provoked by me asking what's going on. More than once this season. There are too many teams for us to check every line and roster to make sure the rules are being followed. Again - we need each Gm to own their sh**.

It ain't personal. But this league runs largely in a way that the Gms have to take accountability for participating in the league and doing their part. It's just that simple.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2021, 07:55 PM   #26
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Welcome sbyoung1979

Spoiler!
The Following User Says Thank You to Hanna Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2021, 07:57 PM   #27
sbyoung1979
Draft Pick

thanks
sbyoung1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 09:54 PM   #28
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
This league depends on having active GMs who are playing the game consistently. I know CG to be a good guy and he has his perspective but when I have to ask a Gm if they are sending in lines multiple times a season - it's an issue. Particularly as we head down the stretch with playoff races heating up - it simply isn't fair if a team isn't sending in lines and the sim is therefore double shifting players (as one example) in ways that are against our rules.

It's a shame that it sounds like he was trying to send lines - but he should have noticed by looking at the box scores that something wasn't right and followed up to ask. Any questions about lines were provoked by me asking what's going on. More than once this season. There are too many teams for us to check every line and roster to make sure the rules are being followed. Again - we need each Gm to own their sh**.

It ain't personal. But this league runs largely in a way that the Gms have to take accountability for participating in the league and doing their part. It's just that simple.
For sure, it was my fault because I don’t generally check the box scores at all (usually doesn’t make a bit of difference because most of the time the team is bad so there’s only one way to put the lines)

It was entirely understandable why and I’m not blaming anyone other than myself. What happened early in the season was an issue with my normal Hotmail account not attaching properly and then when I switched over to gmail i clicked the forward button instead of send. Carelessness on my part.

This entire run has been marred by dumb things either happening to me (weird technical glitches on the first email account) or simply careless gming for going into old routines or not realizing send mail button was in a different place than I expected. I’m sorry for the latter as the league deserved better from me. All the best.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Caged Great For This Useful Post: