Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

Old 05-17-2019, 10:50 PM   #201
Dube
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Is this real life
Dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:00 PM   #202
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Thank God? For such a huge Flames fan, I thought you’d want to see a guy like Ferland in particular have some success. Why not?
Why? league is full of former Flames, doesn't mean I'm gonna cheer for them when they move on. CP would be insufferable if the Canes were to win the cup.

Hence "thank god"

even better they got absolutely pounded...5 goals in an entire series lol
Old 05-17-2019, 11:12 PM   #203
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Why? league is full of former Flames, doesn't mean I'm gonna cheer for them when they move on. CP would be insufferable if the Canes were to win the cup.

Hence "thank god"

even better they got absolutely pounded...5 goals in an entire series lol
Whatever floats your boat but not everything needs to reflect on the Flames IMO.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:37 PM   #204
Kasi
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Whatever floats your boat but not everything needs to reflect on the Flames IMO.
His point was that if the Canes had gone further (and heck we were already seeing a lot of it already) the board would be full of “I told you sos” and “Calgary lost the trade” and “look how good they do when they don’t have Peters”. I don’t want to see that crap. Yes we lost in the first round but we still had a very good season. I don’t blame the loss on our interactions with Carolina in the off season. I think more to blame were players already here and Neal. Anyway I echo Dino, I don’t want to hear the above crap so the more that team loses the better. Congrats for getting by Washington and playing one of the worst playoff teams. I don’t even like Boston but am glad they knocked the Canes out.
Kasi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kasi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2019, 01:57 PM   #205
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
His point was that if the Canes had gone further (and heck we were already seeing a lot of it already) the board would be full of “I told you sos” and “Calgary lost the trade” and “look how good they do when they don’t have Peters”. I don’t want to see that crap. Yes we lost in the first round but we still had a very good season. I don’t blame the loss on our interactions with Carolina in the off season. I think more to blame were players already here and Neal. Anyway I echo Dino, I don’t want to hear the above crap so the more that team loses the better. Congrats for getting by Washington and playing one of the worst playoff teams. I don’t even like Boston but am glad they knocked the Canes out.
So actively cheering against former Flames so no one thinks we might not have won a trade or a coaching decision. Guess I’d rather just cheer for teams or players I kind of like.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:08 PM   #206
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

If there wasn't this odd lingering Ferland mythos around here, would anyone be talking about him after the injuries and performance?

As for Hamilton, I think this playoffs showed exactly what dougie is and always has been a good player with some really clunky iceQ (patent pending c/o Craig Button). Hes a good piece to have but he is certainly not a guy that works his own pairing, hes the beta.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:32 AM   #207
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Kevin Paul Dupont

Verified account

@GlobeKPD
4h4 hours ago
More Kevin Paul Dupont Retweeted Dale Arnold

Cassidy since taking over BOS bench:
117-52-22 (.670)
About to enter 7th playoff series.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:27 AM   #208
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Kevin Paul Dupont

Verified account

@GlobeKPD
4h4 hours ago
More Kevin Paul Dupont Retweeted Dale Arnold

Cassidy since taking over BOS bench:
117-52-22 (.670)
About to enter 7th playoff series.
He's kind of under the radar as you don't hear his name in conversations of best coaches but it's hard to argue with the job he's done. For all the Babcock fanfare Cassidy has actually done a better job with the Bruins over the same time frame including head to head.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 05:51 PM   #209
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsawwassen View Post
Don't think so. The Leafs would've had problems with the BJs and if that didn't happen, it would've been the Leafs and Hurricanes going at it again in round 3. That would be a repeat of the 2002 conf finals and this would have happened.....

As a complete aside, it's so weird how the present always feel like it'll look current when you're in it.

I remember seeing Leafs highlights from the 90's when it was the early 2000's (thinking the early 2000's would never looks so dated and silly) at Maple Leafs Gardens and thinking "man, that looks like Narnia". Then years go by and you see highlights from 2002 and you're like "Wow, now that looks like Narnia!".
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2019, 12:02 PM   #210
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Pretty cool.

Michael Russo Retweeted

Quote:
Sara Civ
@SaraCivian
·
May 25
Jordan Staal gave Jaccob Slavin hours he owned on a private plane so he could be there for the adoption of his child between games 1 and 2 of the Washington series ��
Old 05-26-2019, 04:30 PM   #211
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Agree, but this is a Flames message board in case you haven't notice. So, in a sense, everything kinda reflects on the Flames. IMO ofc.
midniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote