Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-09-2019, 08:36 PM   #541
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
I've been half watching WWE lately (as my gawd the writing has been just awful).

That said, I don't know why, but I feel like Becky's injury is a work in the storyline. I feel like her character is perfectly fine, but is playing up the injury to give a false sense of confidence to Rhonda, all while telling the truth. If Becky got checked by the fictional doctors, then they'd know there is no injury.

Is that too meta, too smart for WWE creative? Now... now I'm questioning myself.

they did it before with the Bret versus Vince storyline. Except Bret played it up even when he was at home wearing a cast around the city. I ran into him at the Gym that I used to work out at and he was really careful to work around his "injury". Then had the big reveal after Vince signed the contract.

It was too bad that poor Bret couldn't do much in the ring at the time and the match was just bad.

I somehow think that Becky is going to lose this match to Ronda, having her win doesn't serve a 4 horsemen storyline. I also think that Ronda will go heel.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:31 PM   #542
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
I've been half watching WWE lately (as my gawd the writing has been just awful).

That said, I don't know why, but I feel like Becky's injury is a work in the storyline. I feel like her character is perfectly fine, but is playing up the injury to give a false sense of confidence to Rhonda, all while telling the truth. If Becky got checked by the fictional doctors, then they'd know there is no injury.

Is that too meta, too smart for WWE creative? Now... now I'm questioning myself.
That’s an interesting theory, rope a dope Ronda. But like your said, that’s probably too smart for creative
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:47 PM   #543
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

I somehow think that Becky is going to lose this match to Ronda, having her win doesn't serve a 4 horsemen storyline. I also think that Ronda will go heel.
How do you figure?

Every prediction I’ve read had Becky winning it in order for the 4 horsewomen to form. It mostly breaks down to two main predictions:

1) Becky wins and Ronda can’t believe she had lost. So the next Raw, Becky comes out to celebrate and Sasha with Bayley celebrates with her. Some comments about how Sasha prefers a Becky champion over a Ronda champion. Ronda enters and claims the whole locker room from Sasha to Charlotte is against her, so she made some friends... shayna and the other two jumps from the crowd and sneak attacks the 3 in the ring. Charlotte, joins to form the 4 horsewomen next week

2) Becky wins and faces a new challenger in Shayna. Shayna gets her MMA goons further down the line and a few months down the line and eventually enters Ronda. Charlotte tops off the 4 horsewomen
Old 02-12-2019, 12:10 PM   #544
spuzzum
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Becky being further suspended 60 days by the Chairman was an unexpected twist at the end of the show going with Charlotte. I'm sure there will be some further match to determine who actually goes to Wrestlemania to face Ronda.

Although the plot line is pretty poor since it devalues the winner of the actual Rumble.

While I am not a fan of Ruby and her Riot Squad, it would be interesting if they actually had her win to belt and her crew win the tag team belts - actually change things up rather than the status quo week to week. I would be more than shocked if something like that would ever occur.
spuzzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:13 PM   #545
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I didn't watch RAW, but if Becky was replaced with Charlotte, this is a total storyline work simply designed to build suspense and interest. Vince isn't that dumb to see that Becky is pure fire right now.

That said, this move clearly reeks of them trying to get people not to boo Rhonda.

Either way, this angle is probably meticulously controlled by VKM and knows money when he sees it. This is the same guy that took the real life Edge/Lita/Matt Hardy drama and purposely put it into an angle because it was a hot topic at the time (pouring "fuel on the fire" as he described it to the RAW audience).
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:47 PM   #546
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuzzum View Post
Becky being further suspended 60 days by the Chairman was an unexpected twist at the end of the show going with Charlotte. I'm sure there will be some further match to determine who actually goes to Wrestlemania to face Ronda.
I think they'll either do a "Win and take Charlotte's spot, lose and get fired(Because Vince doesn't like Becky's attitude)" type match or they'll have Charlotte take the pin in a triple threat match making both Becky and Ronda look strong.

Most likely the first since I don't think the fans would be too thrilled with having Charlotte added.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:51 PM   #547
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

There are two things I haven't liked that I think have been done to try and cool Becky's heat off a little bit:

1) Tapping out to Asuka at Royal Rumble - have her pass out in that move and it would have been amazing.

2) Apologizing to Stephanie and HHH - if's she's going to get removed from the match anyways have her go down in Flames. Don't let her take the easy way out.

Feel like they are trying to re-create the Daniel Bryan storyline from WM 30 when they had the Stone Cold story line staring them right in the face.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:38 PM   #548
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

This post is a thought experiment with the condition that WWE aheared to an internal logic.

In theory, Becky could get suspended for Wrestlemania 35 but she won the Rumble meaning she gets to main event Wrestlemania. It would be a long burn, but if she is suspended for 35 then she should technically be able to main event 36.

Also why can Charlotte face Rousey for the Raw championship? She's a Smackdown superstar not Raw. Becky can because winning the Rumble means she can choose her opponent.

Ugh.

Internal logic please!

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:27 PM   #549
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pedro Morales died earlier today. First triple crown winner in WWF/WWE history.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...es-dead-age-76

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:44 PM   #550
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Very sad, When I started watching the WWF in the 80's he was pretty much just a jobber to the stars, but he was a big name in Wrestling at the height of his career.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:54 PM   #551
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spotted a hitmen sweater in the crowd ringside during smackdown last night.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to agulati For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2019, 08:47 PM   #552
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Both presale and general sales for Double or Nothing sold out in minutes. Until AEW gets a TV deal, WWE aren't likely to sweat too much but it's telling when AEW are selling out events in minutes and WWE are offering 2-for-1 deals on tickets to one of their big 4 PPVs.
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:57 PM   #553
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Welcome to the Penitentiary USO

https://twitter.com/user/status/1096135981462421510

Looks like both he and Naomi are in trouble

Quote:
The 33-year-old -- real name Jonathan Solofa Fatu -- and his wife, fellow WWE superstar Naomi, were pulled over near downtown Detroit ... after cops say Naomi was driving the wrong direction on a one-way street. According to our police sources, cops say their 2018 Dodge Journey reeked of booze ... so they ordered Naomi out of the car.

We’re told while Naomi talked to cops, Jimmy got out of the car -- despite commands from police -- and took off his shirt and jacket and squared up like he wanted to fight.
We’re told the officer took out his taser ‘cause he was scared for his safety.”

Old 02-14-2019, 03:07 PM   #554
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Hinting at a New Day breakup?

Old 02-14-2019, 05:54 PM   #555
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Welcome to the Penitentiary USO

https://twitter.com/user/status/1096135981462421510

Looks like both he and Naomi are in trouble
I bet Mandy Rose wouldn't be driving the wrong way down the street.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2019, 08:58 AM   #556
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Tonight's elimination chamber PPV. with predictions.

Elimination Chamber for the WWE Title
Jeff Hardy vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kofi Kingston vs. AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan (c)
Advantage: Randy Orton enters the match last.

I can't see them taking the hemp belt off of Bryan yet. Look for him to win via shenanigans. Kofi is at the start of a singles push, so he'll get to the end.

Elimination Chamber for the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles
The IIconics vs. Nia Jax & Tamina Snuka vs. Sarah Logan & Liv Morgan vs. Naomi & Carmella vs. Bayley & Sasha Banks vs. Sonya Deville & Mandy Rose
Disadvantage: The match will start with Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville vs. Sasha Banks & Bayley.

We know one thing for certain, it won't be Sarah and Liv as the Riott Squad is pretty much the Job Squad. I have this sinking feeling in my stomach that they're going to put the belts on Jax and Snuka. Personally, I would like to see Sonya and Mandy win this.

SmackDown Tag Team Titles Match
The Usos vs. Shane McMahon and The Miz (c)

After recent events .. . . The best friends are winning

RAW Women’s Title Match
Ruby Riott vs. Ronda Rousey (c)

There is no chance that Rousey loses.

1-on-2 Handicap Match for the WWE Intercontinental Title
Finn Balor vs. Lio Rush and Bobby Lashley (c)

I don't care much about this match, but Lashley retains.

No DQ Match
Braun Strowman vs. Baron Corbin

Again, both of these guys are ice cold, Braun wins

Kickoff Pre-show: WWE Cruiserweight Title Match
Akira Tozawa vs. Buddy Murphy (c)

Its a shame that this is a pre show match, because this should be really good with Buddy retaining.

This btw is one of the weakest PPV lineups that I've seen since the down days of the early 90's. I might have this on in the background while I catch up on some paper work.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:19 AM   #557
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

So twitter and IG has been lit up with Corey Grave’s wife making it public that he slept with Carmella. Corey is trying to keep her quiet with a threat that WWE would sue her for the exposure

All of this has been made worse with Corey’s daughter considering Carmella her hero

Would be interesting to see if WWE brass keeps Corey on commentary and how the fans would react to Carmella in the chamber match
Old 02-17-2019, 01:51 PM   #558
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1096918277551345664

Not the first time that stuff like this has happen, Bray and Jojo have had a long running affair.

But I think the punishment will hit Carmella more then Graves, though Graves has been a pretty loose cannon on social media lately.

I would think this combined with Naomi's situation with her husband means that team isn't winning the woman's tag straps tonight.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:51 PM   #559
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was a way better match than it had any right being, I know the men's tag division, especially on raw, has been pretty bad, but I think womens could be done right, gonna give a lot of them something to do now outside the people at the top

Renee on commentary may be throwing subtle shade at graves on commentary too haha
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:02 PM   #560
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Those were some stiff crutch shots by Becky...both Ronda and Charlotte were cut up
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote