Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2024, 11:40 AM   #1
Bingo
Owner

Exp:
Default Great article on Lipinski and Flames Development

Great read on Lipinski.

But almost as important, a solid look inside the Flames development team and how they work with draft picks.

Gelinas interviewed
Fujita mentioned

https://calgaryherald.com/sports/fla...or-whls-giants

Quote:
“I feel I’ve taken a step in my game this year and kind of matured as a player,” said Lipinski, who sealed Monday’s 6-3 victory over the Spokane Chiefs with a late empty-netter for his 16th goal of the season. “I think, working with the development team for the Flames, we’ve been able to establish an identity for me moving forward, not just in junior hockey but going into pro. They’ve done a great job of helping me along and helping me evaluate my strengths and things that I can build on. For example, I’m a big guy, not many guys have the size that I have, so it’s being able to use it on both sides of the puck. Working on faceoffs too, I think that’s another strength of my game.
Bingo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 11:41 AM   #2
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love 4th round picks for Calgary, here’s hoping he’s the next big one. I really like his game, lots of tenacity there. Rooting for him! Thanks for linking this article Bingo us placing 15th in the athletics prospect standings really has me excited for the future; can’t wait to see what we will have walking into this years draft when the dust settles on the trade deadline. Really hoping the giants can push into the playoffs too in the dub, as much meaningful hockey as possible for our prospects and I hope Honzek can find his groove here in the 2nd half.

Last edited by Heavy Jack; 02-20-2024 at 11:44 AM.
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2024, 11:51 AM   #3
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

There will always be a market for a reliable and talented faceoff man. Those are the kind of players who win playoff series, even if they're weak in other areas of the game.

Not a bad skill to craft and set as your bread and butter.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2024, 12:38 PM   #4
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought he had an impressive prospects camp. I honestly thought that this was basically a 'throw away' pick at first, but now I see him as a really good pick with surprising upside. He is one to keep tabs on for sure.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 12:39 PM   #5
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

6'4 with almost 60% faceoff stats is pretty impressive on paper. And 4th rounder too. I hope our tradition continues with successful 4th rounders.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 12:40 PM   #6
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Next Joel Otto!!
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2024, 03:18 PM   #7
Mitch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Really liked this part

Quote:
“Over the years, I’ve worked with a lot of players in Nashville and here, and Jaden is probably the most detailed and one of the best students of the game that I’ve seen,” said development coach Martin Gelinas, Lipinski’s primary point-of-contact in the Flames’ organization. “He’s just dialled in. He knows what he needs to work on. Obviously, pace and speed is No. 1, and he works at that every day and has gotten better. But his faceoffs, his positioning, everything that he does, it’s pro-like. And if his speed and pace gets to the place where it should be, it will be good.”
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mitch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2024, 05:39 PM   #8
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's how Kris Draper got his ticket to the big leagues. Scores a couple in a minors game when Bowman is watching. Was expecting some comments on his offensive play afterwards.

Scotty goes, "You went 12 for 13 in the dot, can you do that in the big leagues?"
Old 02-20-2024, 06:12 PM   #9
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Love that Gelinas is this outspoken about it because thats not Gelinas at all....he's been in the background for a long long time and I've often wondered what kind of coach he'd be....I think he'd be outstanding as a coach.

Back on topic....this guy to be a Joel Otto type would be awesome . I guy in the dot that has a knack for knowing how positionally to win draws so his team has the puck more ...thats a real talent to win draws when it matters .

I know it's never been mentioned here allot but 2 guys in the organization that tirelessly maintained great relationships with players have always been SNOWY and Gelinas. Both keeping tabs on guys and cheering for and encouraging these players to keep up the hard work to develop .
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote