Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2022, 12:34 AM   #5701
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Don't forget to play Miles Morales after. Very good follow up.
Better get on that pc port they must. I won't be getting a ps5 where I live anytime soon or afford one after my 5900 and 3090 upgrade a few wonths ago.
combustiblefuel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 01:36 PM   #5702
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Hopefully they port it, I'd play it again on PC, the PC port has been great fun, I didn't unlock all the suits on PS5 but I may on PC.
Old 09-02-2022, 02:06 PM   #5703
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Ubisoft confirms Assassin's Creed Mirage after some leaks. Features Basim from Valhallah and is supposed to return to the Middle East and be stealth focused.

https://www.polygon.com/23332863/ass...e-date-ubisoft
Absolutely love this
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 02:29 PM   #5704
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm a sucker for all things Assassin's Creed, but a return to the Middle East and stealth focused...

Old 09-02-2022, 03:48 PM   #5705
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Still waiting on a feudal Japan setting. Making the main character of an Assassin's Creed game be a ninja should be so bloody obvious, I can't believe it hasn't happened yet
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2022, 04:53 PM   #5706
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Still waiting on a feudal Japan setting. Making the main character of an Assassin's Creed game be a ninja should be so bloody obvious, I can't believe it hasn't happened yet
It's coming apparently. There were rumors last year that the next one would be set in Japan and you would play a female only character.

https://www.xfire.com/ubisoft-assassins-creed-japan/

https://www.gamesradar.com/assassins...e-set-in-asia/

Last edited by Inferno; 09-02-2022 at 08:51 PM.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 01:30 AM   #5707
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Absolutely love this
We will see . I own every ac game and Valhalla was one I left half done for years now. Well 70 to 75% done. I just really didn't dig it. I'd rather play glitchy unity on repeat than Valhalla. I wasn't really even a fan of ac 3 and conner but that held my attention way more than the go for this and that play of Valhalla.

So we will see what's up when We see actual game play .
Old 09-03-2022, 02:46 AM   #5708
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
Holy Arkam Batman!!

Finally getting some continuous time in the Spiderman port over. It's good but It feels like I've played this game 3 times over now... o ya ... It's like it's exactly like the Arkham series .. It's so damn similar. Fight mechanics are very much the same. One of the first missions is to unlock Oz tech towers like how you needed to unlocked various ping towers in arkham city amd arkham knight.

It's a great game but wow It's the arkham series as Spiderman instead . Which is why it is fun again.
To expand I just realized the bad guys during battle have the EXACT same diologue as in Arkam when they are #### talking batman or spider man. Wild man lol

Diolouge is the same , death scenes are the same , sniper s are the same. Holy hell is it ever basically a copy and paste of arkham city lol

It's arkam with a reskin.

Edit:

Did not realize that it was a thing that insomniac basically paid Rocksteady to be able to cop and past batman games over to Spiderman qgames lol that explains everything lol

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 09-03-2022 at 02:56 AM.
Old 09-03-2022, 03:32 PM   #5709
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
To expand I just realized the bad guys during battle have the EXACT same diologue as in Arkam when they are #### talking batman or spider man. Wild man lol

Diolouge is the same , death scenes are the same , sniper s are the same. Holy hell is it ever basically a copy and paste of arkham city lol

It's arkam with a reskin.

Edit:

Did not realize that it was a thing that insomniac basically paid Rocksteady to be able to cop and past batman games over to Spiderman qgames lol that explains everything lol
Uh, no, this isn't a thing.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 11:14 PM   #5710
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
No, it's a complete re-make of the PS3 game from more or less scratch, with the exception of things like music, voice acting and motion capture elements. Apparently it doesn't incorporate ALL of the gameplay elements of TLOU2, but quite a few of them are there now. So it plays like a game from 2022 instead of a game from 2013.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is now free on Epic.

If it was a complete, from scratch remake then why are the levels and encounters exactly the same? Seems like they could have made those feel a little better too. The stupid ladder/pallet puzzles are still there, and the only reason those types of puzzles existed was to hide loading screens on consoles that had slow hard drives, which if it was truly remade from the ground up for PS5 those wouldn't have needed to be there.

They can call it a remake all they want, but it's a remaster.

Quote:

It's too late now. Sucker Punch already made this game infinitely better than Ubisoft ever could.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 07:46 AM   #5711
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
If it was a complete, from scratch remake then why are the levels and encounters exactly the same?
Well, they're not exactly the same, in that all the assets are different. The layouts are pretty much identical, subject to some very minor tweaks - if you're asking why that's the case "if it's a remake", the answer is, while re-making the game, they chose not to make those types of changes to the original. That doesn't make it not a re-make. I wish FF7 remake had adopted this attitude.

Quote:
They can call it a remake all they want, but it's a remaster.
Only if you don't understand what the word "remaster" means.

I think this whole "IT'S JUST A REMASTER" thing is based on people not wanting to pay for what is essentially the same game again. Well, then, don't. I'm probably waiting for the PC release, and even then I might wait for a sale, because I've played the original multiple times. But I'm definitely buying it, for exactly the same reason. I'm confident that precisely BECAUSE they didn't change any of that stuff, the instant Part 1 released it became the best video game ever made, and there are in fact people who didn't play the original. For them, this is the best $89.96 they could spend on a game.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2022, 08:18 AM   #5712
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default The Video Game Thread v3

I’ve played through the last of us on ps3 and ps4 multiple times so I had no intention of picking up part one, but that digital foundry video has me changing my mind.

I’ll wait for a sale, but I think I’ll play it for sure. Looks amazing. Maybe do a double header and replay part 2.

I would grab it now if I didn’t already have so much to play between Elden Ring, Cyberpunk, Dying Light 2, and the steamdeck arriving this week.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 08:48 AM   #5713
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Congrats on your deck.

If you haven't played Ori and the Blind Forest yet, move that to the front of the list when you get said Deck. I think it should be bundled, it's a perfect showpiece title for that platform.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2022, 08:50 AM   #5714
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Congrats on your deck.

If you haven't played Ori and the Blind Forest yet, move that to the front of the list when you get said Deck. I think it should be bundled, it's a perfect showpiece title for that platform.

Appreciate the tip! I’ve never been much of a PC guy, but I’m looking forward to playing around with this thing
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 10:08 AM   #5715
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Steam Deck is kind of a PC, but it's really a PC for indy games and the like more than anything else. With the popularity of Sort-of-Rogue games like Hades and Dead Cells and Metroidvania / platformers like Ori, Celeste or Hollow Knight it was a good time for them to release it, those games work perfectly for the deck. Also, there are a lot of "nostalgia" titles - Streets of Rage 4, TMNT Shredder's Revenge, Sonic Mania... Then you have retro-style JRPGs (if you're into that sort of thing), and older top tier titles like the Bioshock games, up to about the point of Witcher 3 (which runs well). New Vegas seems to be a popular recommendation. All of those are the sweet spot.

I know people have played RDR2 or Elden Ring on it but it just doesn't seem built for that to me... I gather that Nier:Automata is an exception because of the sort of action RPG gameplay / shmup gameplay of it, which makes sense, but I haven't tried it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2022, 12:57 PM   #5716
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
It's too late now. Sucker Punch already made this game infinitely better than Ubisoft ever could.
A sneaky samurai is not the same as a ninja. And I want to be running along the roofs of Edo, not riding a horse through a sparsely populated island
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 05:32 PM   #5717
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
I’ve played through the last of us on ps3 and ps4 multiple times so I had no intention of picking up part one, but that digital foundry video has me changing my mind.

I’ll wait for a sale, but I think I’ll play it for sure. Looks amazing. Maybe do a double header and replay part 2.

I would grab it now if I didn’t already have so much to play between Elden Ring, Cyberpunk, Dying Light 2, and the steamdeck arriving this week.
I feel the same. I had previously purchased the PS3 and PS4 remaster, so I am not in a rush for this...I gave my PS remaster to my BIL after hearing about this PS5 version though, so I will definitely pick it up eventually.

the biggest issue I have after reading numerous reviews is the decision not to include the dodge button... seems like it should have been reasonably easy to add and would have added a bit more to modernize the game play.

it looks pretty amazing though, so I am looking forward to purchasing eventually
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldschoolcalgary For This Useful Post:
bax
Old 09-06-2022, 07:49 AM   #5718
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
A sneaky samurai is not the same as a ninja. And I want to be running along the roofs of Edo, not riding a horse through a sparsely populated island
Did you try the legends game mode? What could be better than leveling up and powering up your samurai while playing ninja in smaller scenario levels.

Can't wait for GoT 2
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 11:18 AM   #5719
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
We will see . I own every ac game and Valhalla was one I left half done for years now. Well 70 to 75% done. I just really didn't dig it. I'd rather play glitchy unity on repeat than Valhalla. I wasn't really even a fan of ac 3 and conner but that held my attention way more than the go for this and that play of Valhalla.

So we will see what's up when We see actual game play .
Valhalla is a fun game. Absolutely TONS of content.

But I agree, it doesn't feel like a AC game. It's trying to do too much, and the dream worlds are lame quite frankly.

I look forward to the next installment that goes back it's roots.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 11:19 AM   #5720
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I mean that's pretty much Ghost of Tsushima which is a wicked awesome game. Except instead of ninja its a Samurai who chooses the world of stealth and undermining enemies rather than marching into battle head on.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote