Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #41
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post
I lost track of this show, probably around the last time I posted. I am going to have to try and figure out where I left off and catch up. I agree, it is a very good police drama.
The season that just ended was showing wed/thu nights on Superchannel if that helps.
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #42
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

This better get renewed somehow. A major cliffhanger to end the 5th season.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #43
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
Yeah, pretty good season ending, but wouldn't care for it otherwise (if it ended up being the series ending).
Old 05-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #44
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Officially Cancelled after 5 seasons.

http://tvline.com/2013/05/10/southland-cancelled-tnt/
Old 05-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #45
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
Spoiler!

Btw, anyone who hasn't seen this show should really give it a watch it was excellent and I'm glad they cancelled it. Not everything should run as long as it possibly can (I'm looking at you "The Office").
Old 05-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #46
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
Spoiler!

Btw, anyone who hasn't seen this show should really give it a watch it was excellent and I'm glad they cancelled it. Not everything should run as long as it possibly can (I'm looking at you "The Office").
The last couple seasons were so short that they could have easily had a couple more and kept it interesting.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #47
fatso
First Line Centre

Exp:

Finally finished this final season. What a great show. I would really encourage people who enjoy the 'long' story and crime dramas to watch this. But for some rough patches in the first two seasons, great writing and acting throughout.

I thought the final arc with Cooper and Lucero was a bit far-fetched, but other than that this was a great end to the show. Amazing to see Ben's character develop the way it did. And I loved how much closure was realized by the end.

Four points really stick out for me.

First, although the show struggled to find an audience on TNT, getting dropped by NBC was the best thing that could have happened to it. The production value may have slightly suffered, but they obviously had a lot of freedom to create a very dark, gritty drama that would never air on the networks.

Second, I love what they did with LA. They did a great job making it part of the cast, so to speak.

Third, this is far and away John Wells best work since E.R.

Fourth, give Regina King an Emmy award already. She and Michael Cudlitz turned in absolutely brilliant acting performances throughout the entirety of this series. It's a damned shame their work hasn't been more recognized.

The great CP is in dire need of prunes!
"That's because the productive part of society is adverse to giving up all their wealth so you libs can conduct your social experiments. Experience tells us your a bunch of snake oil salesman...Sucks to be you.
" ~Calgaryborn 12/06/09 keeping it really stupid!
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #48
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, finally just finished this series. What a show. Some of the best stuff I've watched in a real long time.

I hope like crazy they make this rumoured movie, even if it's just a two hour TNT special. Damn I wish it was not cancelled though.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:27 AM   #49
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just finished watching the series. What a great show, sucks that it was cancelled. Didn't know there was rumors of a movie, hope its true.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote