Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2020, 09:27 PM   #21
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I've never had toradol, but have been prescribed tramadol when I was suffered from severe testicular pain.
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:52 PM   #22
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
I’ve only had an experience with Torodal once. I was passing a gall stone (unknowingly aware of them), and when first admitted and through the afternoon was given many doses of morphine. I was in the worst pain of my life, where the Morphine only reduced my pain from a 10 to a 6 or a 7. Made me crazy high though. Then after telling the doctor, that the morphine wasn’t doing much for the pain, I got Toradol.

No joke, I actually left the hospital thinking the stones were gone. ZERO pain, no hallucinating.

Haha, I was back a few hours later, and had my GB cut out the next day. Very fortunate too, as they could’ve discharged me, and had to start the process anew.
Gall stones and the inflamed GB is easily the easiest pain I have ever felt in my life. I had it removed in January and Was given morphine. I didn't get the same high you did. I slept a lot haha
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2020, 12:17 AM   #23
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
They gave you Naproxen and Toradol together? That's kinda sketch. They're both NSAIDs, and any time the kid has been given Toradol, we have been told not to take any other NSAID during the time she's prescribed the Toradol. She hasn't been on it for any length of time in the past 2 years but it is part of the "cocktail" (morphine/toradol/zofran) when she's been to emerg for EDS issues/trigeminal neuralgia pain and we just get told to give it a few days post-cocktail, before using even Advil.
Naproxen and tylenol. Never said I took Taradol. I mistakenly said Flexeril and Tylenol before.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:58 AM   #24
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Gall stones and the inflamed GB is easily the easiest pain I have ever felt in my life. I had it removed in January and Was given morphine. I didn't get the same high you did. I slept a lot haha
Seriously? I've had 2 broken legs, 2 smashed knuckles,3 broken ribs, torn rotator cuff and appendicitis in my life and I would take all of them at one time again over a gall bladder attack, even women who gave birth will say a gall bladder attack is the worst pain they ever had. you must have had some very dark age type injury's to beat that or you had morphine ready to go in your house!

A gall bladder attack can last 4-6 hours or until you get to a hospital, I personally had 8 attacks before they took mine out and it was like the devil himself was stabbing me from the inside. my body rejects morphine in 10 minutes so I needed a cocktail made from mostly demerol to get rid of the pain.

WORST PAIN EVER!
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2020, 07:33 AM   #25
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Seriously? I've had 2 broken legs, 2 smashed knuckles,3 broken ribs, torn rotator cuff and appendicitis in my life and I would take all of them at one time again over a gall bladder attack, even women who gave birth will say a gall bladder attack is the worst pain they ever had. you must have had some very dark age type injury's to beat that or you had morphine ready to go in your house!

A gall bladder attack can last 4-6 hours or until you get to a hospital, I personally had 8 attacks before they took mine out and it was like the devil himself was stabbing me from the inside. my body rejects morphine in 10 minutes so I needed a cocktail made from mostly demerol to get rid of the pain.

WORST PAIN EVER!
It varies person to person. I don't understand how or why, but everyone is more/less tolerant to certain pains than others.

For me, the worst was an enflamed vas deferens, which caused so much pain I was in bed for days on end and the pain radiated from my scrotum, to abdomen and lower back. This is when I was given tramadol for pain.

I have a friend where a common bladder infection is the worst thing to her, worst than giving birth.

So yeah, it really varies person to person and how our brains deal with pain from various body regions.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:09 AM   #26
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Is this the thread where we list our medical history and experience with prescription drugs?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:32 AM   #27
Redlan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

"A lot of this, in terms of accountability and responsibly, comes down to team trainers and team doctors," Westhead said.

The article is pretty vague and I have not seen "The Problem of Pain" so i may haver missed the context but I do not agree with the above statement. Accountability and responsibility is up to the person taking the medicine to know what it is and what the potential side effects are.
Redlan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Redlan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2020, 09:40 AM   #28
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlan View Post
"A lot of this, in terms of accountability and responsibly, comes down to team trainers and team doctors," Westhead said.

The article is pretty vague and I have not seen "The Problem of Pain" so i may haver missed the context but I do not agree with the above statement. Accountability and responsibility is up to the person taking the medicine to know what it is and what the potential side effects are.
I don't know how professional athletes receive their pain killers. Do they go to the pharmacy like everybody else or do they just get it from the team/team doctors?

When I go to the pharmacy I get an information package with my new medicine and it lists side affects. That said, I've never read it, I just trust the doctors that prescribed it to me. I doubt I'm in the minority on that one either.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:13 AM   #29
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

WORST PAIN EVER!
This. Broken neck, nose, countless stitches, fillings, chipped tooth, smashed toe.

Was going into shock in Rockyview ER triage, from the pain.

Nothing comes close.

Nothing.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:04 PM   #30
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Naproxen and tylenol. Never said I took Taradol. I mistakenly said Flexeril and Tylenol before.
Derp. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
I’ve only had an experience with Torodal once. I was passing a gall stone (unknowingly aware of them), and when first admitted and through the afternoon was given many doses of morphine. I was in the worst pain of my life, where the Morphine only reduced my pain from a 10 to a 6 or a 7. Made me crazy high though. Then after telling the doctor, that the morphine wasn’t doing much for the pain, I got Toradol.

No joke, I actually left the hospital thinking the stones were gone. ZERO pain, no hallucinating.

Haha, I was back a few hours later, and had my GB cut out the next day. Very fortunate too, as they could’ve discharged me, and had to start the process anew.
Same experience for my husband after they rebuilt his knee (ACL/MCL crap). Morphine did nothing. Toradol helped immensely. Got a kick out of the staff though (his surgery was done in Medicine Hat), telling us that they were the only hospital using IV Toradol. I laughed and said no, everyone did that, that our daughter had been getting it via IV for a couple of years already. Anyway...
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:16 PM   #31
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jesus, I don't ever want to get a gall bladder attack.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chummer For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2020, 12:32 PM   #32
mrchristy31
Draft Pick

Default Worst pain

I have had some nasty injuries (including surgery to repair testicle after slap shot) and by far the worst was a shattered nose in a car accident. The Doc gave me Cocaine to numb the pain.
mrchristy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:50 PM   #33
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames2007FIRE IT UP View Post
Cannabis and schizophrenia a longitudinal study of Swedish conscripts
Sven Andréasson, Ann Engström, Peter Allebeck, Ulf Rydberg
The Lancet 330 (8574), 1483-1486, 1987

Cannabis use and risk of lung cancer: a case–control study
Sarah Aldington, Matire Harwood, Brian Cox, Mark Weatherall, Lutz Beckert, Anna Hansell, Alison Pritchard, Geoffrey Robinson, Richard Beasley
European Respiratory Journal 31 (2), 280-286, 2008

https://journals.lww.com/cja/Abstrac...lisions.3.aspx

https://oemac.org/ - Please look at the statement on Cannabis and safety sensitive work.
Those are all indirect causes. And unproven to this point, although being impaired will result in a greater likelihood of death if you are engaging in dangerous activities. It has been a while since I looked into it, but I believe there has never been a case of someone dying directly because they ingested marijuana (IE overdosing). That is what makes it safer than a lot of prescription drugs, because most of those can't make that claim, or come even remotely close.
VilleN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:55 PM   #34
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

does the NHLPA have an expert in this or do they give their members guidance. You'd think the PA would be concerned about their embers well being.

what is the players role in this. you are using your body to make a living.
Old 09-24-2020, 01:00 PM   #35
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleN View Post
Those are all indirect causes. And unproven to this point, although being impaired will result in a greater likelihood of death if you are engaging in dangerous activities. It has been a while since I looked into it, but I believe there has never been a case of someone dying directly because they ingested marijuana (IE overdosing). That is what makes it safer than a lot of prescription drugs, because most of those can't make that claim, or come even remotely close.
I'm guess the lung cancer relationship is based on smoking, as well, not any of the other forms.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:06 PM   #36
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
You are absolutely correct in that there has never been a recorded death due to a weed overdose.
Old 09-24-2020, 01:17 PM   #37
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchristy31 View Post
I have had some nasty injuries (including surgery to repair testicle after slap shot) and by far the worst was a shattered nose in a car accident. The Doc gave me Cocaine to numb the pain.
Cocaine with a shattered nose? That sounds painful
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:31 PM   #38
mrchristy31
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chummer View Post
Cocaine with a shattered nose? That sounds painful
Pre Coke, yes....the liquid Cocaine packed up my nose numbed it pretty quick however.

In case anyone is thinking it, it's not worth it..............I don't think the Cocaine is a normal medication for a broken nose.
mrchristy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:41 PM   #39
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

WORST PAIN EVER!
Hahahahaha I meant WORST pain of my life whoops!
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:34 PM   #40
Flames2007FIRE IT UP
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Unproven? The studies are proof - these are very good studies.

So harm from cancer, impairment, losing your job because you use cannabis regularly is not harm? Most people don't die from drinking too much alcohol they die from liver cirrhosis and other complications from the alcohol. Pretty similar to cannabis.

The reality (as the data shows above) is many people have had significant harm from using cannabis.

Last edited by Flames2007FIRE IT UP; 09-24-2020 at 06:38 PM.
Flames2007FIRE IT UP is offline   Reply With Quote