Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2021, 10:18 AM   #3621
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
I'm seriously annoyed there's no The Show for the Switch. Even in 2019 when Sony said it was going multiplatform the official Nintendo twitter tweeted about it. And now this. Just brutal.
Possibly due to the amount of work it would require to get it to run on the Switch, look how long it took Respawn to get Apex Legends on Switch.

You can always play RBI Baseball...
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 10:25 AM   #3622
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
The one funny thing I find with The Show coming to Xbox is now Xbox fanboys are making fun of Playstation thinking that this is just the start and soon more exclusives will be coming over. What basically happened is the license ran out and the MLB told them if they wanted to renew they would have to go multi-platform.
The reason for the multi-platform of the Show has been public domain for over a year at least. Something the fanboys need to do, is do some research.

Will be interesting to see what the EU antitrust regulators says on Microsoft's acquisition of Zenimax Media. If that goes through.....Fanboyism is going to get even more toxic than it already is.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2021, 01:57 PM   #3623
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

There's a demo for SkateBird on Steam. It's a little rough, but it's still in development so hopefully that changes. If it's cheap enough I'll buy it regardless because I want to support indie developers who try something new.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 02:55 PM   #3624
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ok - but how were the bird sounds? Were they varied / repetitive / high def / non-fatiguing?
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:28 PM   #3625
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
Ok - but how were the bird sounds? Were they varied / repetitive / high def / non-fatiguing?
What are you, some kind of anti-avian?

There's a slider to adjust the bird sounds. I made that up.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2021, 04:51 PM   #3626
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anybody on CP playing Eve Online? I just got into it a few days ago...

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 08:59 PM   #3627
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional_Ale View Post
Anybody on CP playing Eve Online? I just got into it a few days ago...
Maybe when I retire. Isn’t playing that game like having two full time jobs?
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:43 PM   #3628
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephoen View Post
Maybe when I retire. Isn’t playing that game like having two full time jobs?
Depends how you play. Its a full sandbox. I trained my character for the adventure/exploration/espionage side of things. Others can be combat oriented, and others centered around mining and manufacturing.

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 12:52 PM   #3629
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gears Tactics is pretty fun. I played the 1st XCOM a while back and enjoyed it. This game is similar in style while still pulling honoring the GoW series. Once you get the hang of it it's pretty fun, albeit a slower pace than the regular Gear games. Didn't think I would enjoy it was much as I am.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 12:09 PM   #3630
sketchyt
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

For anyone who hasn't played it, Ghost of Tsushima is on on sale on the PSN store... $50 or so. Definitely worth it for that.

I don't finish too many games (or even start them lol) but this one is a small handful I completed in the last 10 years.

Starts getting repetitive by the third act, but overall it's pretty stellar. It gets a lot of comparison to RDR2, but it's more akin to Far Cry 3. Tight gameplay and fight mechanics. Cheesy but somewhat compelling story.
sketchyt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sketchyt For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2021, 04:51 PM   #3631
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I tried to play the Crash Bandicoot remake trilogy with my kid, but the difficulty is just absurd. After hitting the game over screen about a dozen times on the Road to Nowhere level I gave up. My daughter is disappointed because she wanted to save the kidnapped girl, but it's just impossible to get past that level
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 04:57 PM   #3632
Morning Wood
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchyt View Post
For anyone who hasn't played it, Ghost of Tsushima is on on sale on the PSN store... $50 or so. Definitely worth it for that.

I don't finish too many games (or even start them lol) but this one is a small handful I completed in the last 10 years.

Starts getting repetitive by the third act, but overall it's pretty stellar. It gets a lot of comparison to RDR2, but it's more akin to Far Cry 3. Tight gameplay and fight mechanics. Cheesy but somewhat compelling story.
Couldn’t believe how much I ended up playing and enjoying this game. Bought the game on sale in December due to the great reviews, didn’t have any prior interest in samurai and/or open world games, but somehow ended up spending 100 hours playing through the campaign twice and then spending another 40+ hours playing the free multiplayer add-on Legends modes.

Great vfm, and the game runs at a slick 60 FPS on the ps5. Definitely the most addictive game I’ve played in along time, so much so that it’s my one and only platinum trophy. Would recommend to anyone.
Morning Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 09:42 AM   #3633
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchyt View Post

Yeah this, great game. In terms of fully finishing it, it probably helps that it's quite a short game...or at least in comparison to the marathon-style games I'm used to playing (AC, GTA/RDR, etc). I wasn't ready to say goodbye to Jin yet after only 6 weeks! Think I'll circle back and play it again once I'm done Valhalla.

Definitely DL Ghost if you haven't played it yet, it's worth it.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 01:09 PM   #3634
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Yeah this, great game. In terms of fully finishing it, it probably helps that it's quite a short game...or at least in comparison to the marathon-style games I'm used to playing (AC, GTA/RDR, etc). I wasn't ready to say goodbye to Jin yet after only 6 weeks! Think I'll circle back and play it again once I'm done Valhalla.

Definitely DL Ghost if you haven't played it yet, it's worth it.
I'm like 120 hours into Valhalla and while I'm enjoying it there is that feeling of it becoming a marathon. Part of that has to do with me having to get all the good gear and do as many side quests as possible of course as there's just something in my brain that prevents me from just sticking to the main quests of games to blow through it quickly.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 02:29 PM   #3635
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I'm like 120 hours into Valhalla and while I'm enjoying it there is that feeling of it becoming a marathon. Part of that has to do with me having to get all the good gear and do as many side quests as possible of course as there's just something in my brain that prevents me from just sticking to the main quests of games to blow through it quickly.
Sounds like the average AC experience, haha. Yeah man, I'm the exact same way with side quests. I basically roughly make my way in the direction of the next main quest, and will tackle any gold, blue or white icons that happen to pop up in that general direction along the way. And I won't move on to the next shire until all those glowing icons have been conquered (save for bosses/animals too levelled up for me yet). Makes for a long game for sure.

I really like this one, and there's lots of improvements in many areas over the past couple AC games...but for some reason I haven't cracked out on it the way I did Origins/Odyssey. Even on weekends I find my average session for the day to be about 2-3 hrs max, whereas I could play the other 2 basically all day.

I think part of it is AC just happened to cover my top 2 alltime favourite historical periods in back to back games (ancient Greece, ancient Egypt), whereas I've never been overly interested by vikings or their lore. But maybe it's something else too?
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 04:10 PM   #3636
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I tried to play the Crash Bandicoot remake trilogy with my kid, but the difficulty is just absurd. After hitting the game over screen about a dozen times on the Road to Nowhere level I gave up. My daughter is disappointed because she wanted to save the kidnapped girl, but it's just impossible to get past that level
I also gave up although did make it past Road to Nowhere before getting stuck at Heavy Machinery.

I heard something that the developers changed the hit box from rectangular to oval, reducing your margin for error in what was already a very difficult game.

Nothing wrong with developers making a challenging game but sometimes they forget it also needs to be fun.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:30 PM   #3637
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hot damn.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1359721510341021696

https://twitter.com/user/status/1359731649521455109
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2021, 12:57 PM   #3638
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone play valheim yet saw it on steam but haven't bought it the reviews are crazy good for it for an early access game
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2021, 06:55 AM   #3639
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Gears Tactics is pretty fun. I played the 1st XCOM a while back and enjoyed it. This game is similar in style while still pulling honoring the GoW series. Once you get the hang of it it's pretty fun, albeit a slower pace than the regular Gear games. Didn't think I would enjoy it was much as I am.
I've never been a big RTS fan but I enjoyed XCOM 2 so I decided to give this game a shot. It's a lot more fun than I expected as well.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 07:09 AM   #3640
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Anyone play valheim yet saw it on steam but haven't bought it the reviews are crazy good for it for an early access game
I've played a bit, I personally am not a fan but if you like Minecraft or games such as that you'll like it. Friends of mine keep raving about it
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post: