Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #21
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

It's good I'd say. A mere 1 week training camp, a new coaching staff, even less time with new roster members (Hudler/Cervenka), and a winger having to acclimate himself to playing first line center... yeah I'd say that the Flames needed a extra couple of days off early to get all the gears working together more then a very slightly less compressed schedule later on.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #22
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Baertschi was hurt during this "mini training camp", so I'd say it was a bad thing.
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:57 AM   #23
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

All else equal, I would say bad - it would have been better to have it later in the season.

However, considering their very short training camp under a new coach, plus the late additions of Hudler and Cervesa, and Iginla's training camp injury, it could turn out very welcome.

But if they come out flat tonight because of the break, it will have been all for nothing
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:53 AM   #24
edn88
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think we will see based on the results of their next 5 games. I think having extra time for coaches and players to work on systems has to be a benefit.

Unfortunately a lot of teams have been making hay and putting up points during that time - which puts a lot of pressure to keep up - the Flames have to be looking at the standings, knowing they need three wins over the next three games to keep up. That might be good pressure, it might be bad pressure.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:55 AM   #25
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

its bad because it means they have the most compressed sched in the NHL now...fewest games played and don't play on the last day. Also, 2 guys injured at practice
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:11 PM   #26
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

We have 3 months to fit in 44 games. Unfortunately I think we are going to see lots of injuries (all team in the league will).

On the good side, I'm glad Hartley is utilizing more roster players, even if that means playing Butler.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote